Mcdonut (sorry Brian) out Di Canio in......please

246 posts
friday fan

Re: Mcdonut (sorry Brian) out Di Canio in......please

by friday fan » 10 Mar 2013 14:31

I don't really rate Adkins, yeah did good things at Southampton but hit a brick wall just like McDermott has done - whatever happens it won't change the fact that we are going down so at this stage not bothered if McDermott goes now or later

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 10 Mar 2013 14:35

friday fan Stuart Pearce would be a good option as I believe he is leaving the England set up

:|

Yes, he did a storming job at Man City didn't he?

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 10 Mar 2013 14:39

friday fan I don't really rate Adkins, yeah did good things at Southampton but hit a brick wall just like McDermott has done

Southampton were relatively comfortable outside of the relegation zone, playing good football and overachieving with the players they had while he was in charge. In contrast to us, playing shit football, in the relegation zone and frankly achieving what was expected from a Championship team. Comparing Adkins and McDermott is madness.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 10 Mar 2013 14:42

friday fan I don't really rate Adkins, yeah did good things at Southampton but hit a brick wall just like McDermott has done - whatever happens it won't change the fact that we are going down so at this stage not bothered if McDermott goes now or later

The brick wall was the fickle Southampton board who decided to get rid of him and bring in someone who needs an interpreter to communicate to the players!

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 10 Mar 2013 14:44

Really? An average league one manager people only want because he shouts and appears on sky sports news A lot?

Nobody on here has any idea what the transfer budget was. It's the same uninformed accusations that were thrown at SC the last time we were over run by spoilt, premier league fans. Generally if managers have funds they spend them. This mentality is the same as all the moaners at Aresenal who have to , 'settle for' champions league so want Wenger out.

All our relegation rivals have substantially richer owners who are willing to lose money and we don't.

I'm afraid that's just life, to sack a proven championship manager now would be to invite the sequence of events currently unfolding at Wolves.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 10 Mar 2013 14:46

Once were Biscuitmen Really? An average league one manager people only want because he shouts and appears on sky sports news A lot?

Nobody on here has any idea what the transfer budget was. It's the same uninformed accusations that were thrown at SC the last time we were over run by spoilt, premier league fans. Generally if managers have funds they spend them. This mentality is the same as all the moaners at Aresenal who have to , 'settle for' champions league so want Wenger out.

All our relegation rivals have substantially richer owners who are willing to lose money and we don't.

I'm afraid that's just life, to sack a proven championship manager now would be to invite the sequence of events currently unfolding at Wolves.

Good post.

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 10 Mar 2013 14:52

Anyone calling for McDermott's head is a massive utterpcunt of the highest order. Don't know of a single manager who I'd rather have at our club, but Paolo do Canio? A nazi saluting racist with only proven success in the lower leagues? No thanks :lol:

If we do end up being relegated, I can't think of a better manager to spearhead our next promotion campaign than McDermott.

You lot are some of the most stupid thick fcuking idiots I've ever had the displeasure of conversing with.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Mar 2013 14:53

Can already hear the "you're just a Physio" chants aimed at Adkins. Probably swiftly followed by "we want our Brian back".
Last edited by sandman on 10 Mar 2013 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 10 Mar 2013 14:55

Once were Biscuitmen

But I thought Mr Mad would only sell us to a billionaire , does Anton have the money needed to compete with such giants of the game as Southampton and Norwich and if not, should he really have bought a football club or perhaps found a cheaper hobby.

Just asking

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 10 Mar 2013 15:03

Wizard If we do end up being relegated, I can't think of a better manager to spearhead our next promotion campaign than McDermott.

So you are happy to continue with the prehistoric style of football for another season only to get absolutely destroyed again if we are lucky enough to come straight back up ?

Brian's football style will never be successful in the PL, the game has moved on to far.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Mar 2013 15:32

Wizard You lot are some of the most stupid thick fcuking idiots I've ever had the displeasure of conversing with.

Oh do stop behaving like such a pompous little tart.

Just because people have different opinions to yours doesn't make them "thick fcuking idiots".
Last edited by Avon Royal on 10 Mar 2013 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 10 Mar 2013 15:36

AirRaidSiren
multisync1830
This just shows how full of shit McDermott is. Sorry, but it's true. Why? I will again refer to Football focus at the Mad Stad, where Brian was interviewed before AZ and he was clearly asked was there money to spend, 'you have to ask the owner that' was the reply, meaning, I have money but not enough given to me. He didn't want to answer the question properly. He had the oxf*rd money to spend in the summer, more of it, as AZ clearly stated after, and Brian was so pig headed that he thought what he bought was good enough. Again in January, the pig headedness of McDermott shone through, that he was adamant the squad he had was good enough to compete at the highest level, that he didn't feel the need to spend shed loads..'we'll always do it the Reading way'....oxf*rd off you basic incompetent fool. He really is getting on my mammary glands.

You are way off with your assessment. The reason he said "You will have to ask the owner" is that the owner isn't spending. He may well talk the talk but doesn't walk the walk.If you honestly believe BM wouldn't welcome some top class players into the team you are very misguided. Several times he has suggested to BM "What about xyz?" BM used to say "err no he doesn't fit" now he goes along with it and still no new players of worth arrive..

BM is maintaining a dignified stance atm but those above him are to blame...Sadly SJM is piss poor and wants out, as age increases and health declines he is gradually reducing his business empire (hotel back on the market for example) and his daughters are not overly interested in taking over the reins

The money is just not forthcoming and that is the plain simple truth....

Bollocks. The reason why AZ hasn't slapped down the manager for contradicting his stance on money being there, is because of fan backlash. If there wasn't money to spend, then why did we bid £10,000,000+ for Sigurdsson? Brian has conradicted himself time and time again, saying there isn't any more money to spend, then bid £10m+ 2 weeks later?

He also stated in the summer that the transfers he made were enough to cover the squad, that there will be no more transfers, and AZ stating there was more money if needed. So who is the liar? Brian was so convinced his squad was enough to compete at this level, he is now saying he should of spent more in the transfer window.

You are welcome to believe who you like and if you choose to back the owner then that's fine and dandy -But If you honestly believe it is all down to BM refusing new players then you are likely to believe anything.

Bidding 10m is not the same as paying 10m. I can to an auction and bid 10m on a Picasso knowing full well some one else will be paying 50m for it. I don't have that kind of money available but it makes people think I do.. Smoke and mirrors IMHO :lol:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 10 Mar 2013 15:49

Wizard Anyone calling for McDermott's head is a massive utterpcunt of the highest order. Don't know of a single manager who I'd rather have at our club, but Paolo do Canio? A nazi saluting racist with only proven success in the lower leagues? No thanks :lol:

If we do end up being relegated, I can't think of a better manager to spearhead our next promotion campaign than McDermott.

You lot are some of the most stupid thick fcuking idiots I've ever had the displeasure of conversing with.

Agree with you about Di Canio. No doubting he did well at Swindon, but I doubt we would put up with his massive ego and emotional outspokenness.

With regards to McDermott, then maybe you should consider the following;
- Would appear he still doesn't know his best 11 or formation for that matter.
- Has failed to integrate his new signings into the team
- Persists with prehistoric tactics which results in 20% less possession than the opposition and is one dimensional and easy for opposing teams to work out.
- Questionable player selection, seems more out of loyalty than ability at times.
- Failed miserably in both transfer windows.
- Some utterly bewildering substitutions at times.

He may be a good Chump manager, but would you let him have another crack at the Prem???

Probably better to start a fresh with a new manager next season as it would be extremely cruel to either let him get us promoted and fail again, or sack him if he did get us promoted.

There is no doubt it would be tough on the man to be relieved of his duties, but in business life, when someone is just not up to it, it is better to put them out of their misery sooner rather than later for the benefit of all concerned, especially when they have proved they don't have the 'Head Room' to be successful at a higher level, and the level the club aspire to compete at.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Mar 2013 16:08

Wizard Anyone calling for McDermott's head is a massive utterpcunt of the highest order

Well that is a well constructed argument. So someone is how you describe, simply because they recognise that a Manager who was good at one level has comprehensively proven that he can't cope at another, despite (according to what he said about big bids) being given more financial clout than any previous incumbent at the club.

Personally I believe your faith in McDermott being able to get us to bounce back up is misplaced. There are some good footballing teams in the Championship now and we have shown we struggle to cope with that. I would rather see us take a risk, drop the hoofball and try to change to be a decent footballing team.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 10 Mar 2013 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

Esteban

by Esteban » 10 Mar 2013 16:08

ManchesterRoyals
AthleticoSpizz like Gylfi would've changed everything?

I think that I agree that there was an element in putting all of their eggs into one £10m basket though.

I agree with this but im still of the opinion it was a load of bollocks, Like look we tried to buy him for 10 mill but we didnt but we really really tried

How many times will we have to read this shite? Spurs refused to sell late on the final day. Prior to that, it was all set to go through.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Mar 2013 16:16

Esteban
ManchesterRoyals
AthleticoSpizz like Gylfi would've changed everything?

I think that I agree that there was an element in putting all of their eggs into one £10m basket though.

I agree with this but im still of the opinion it was a load of bollocks, Like look we tried to buy him for 10 mill but we didnt but we really really tried

How many times will we have to read this shite? Spurs refused to sell late on the final day. Prior to that, it was all set to go through.

I think you are rewriting history. The way McDermott was talking just a day or so before the deadline, the move for Sig was made pretty late on in the window. Just where is the evidence to suggest that it was all set to go through, only for Spurs to pull the plug at the last moment. Why the sudden change of heart from Spurs?

We did put most of eggs in one basket, some we dropped on the floor in signing the injured/unfit Carrico and others went in the basket that was the complete waste of time project called Sunzu (FFS no one even knew who held his contract and this a player who doesn't even appear to be that good!)

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 10 Mar 2013 16:45

McDermott out (sadly)... unless he has a flash of inspiration & gets an assistant in to cover his short comings & question his selections or maybe take over defensive training - Alan Pardew did this when he appointed Martin Allen.

Parky In - If he can get a Bradford team performing on peanuts then he should fit in with the Chairmans budget restrains & get the players playing with energy.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 Mar 2013 16:49

Royal Biscuitman McDermott out (sadly)... unless he has a flash of inspiration & gets an assistant in to cover his short comings & question his selections or maybe take over defensive training - Alan Pardew did this when he appointed Martin Allen.

Parky In - If he can get a Bradford team performing on peanuts then he should fit in with the Chairmans budget restrains & get the players playing with energy.

Parky not in - no sign that he has the ability to turn us into the kind of passing team we need to turn into; McD will do just as good a job or better ... Bradford have had a great cup run but their not getting promoted are they ... ?!

AkpansBFF

by AkpansBFF » 10 Mar 2013 18:13

Although Brians been amazing,

*Saving us from relegation
*Playoff final
*Champions

I do feel he makes some wild decisions and I do feel if he can't save us he should go a legend.

Bring in someone who will happily take the money from Antons hand or who'll steal if from Sir John.

cpmurph

by cpmurph » 10 Mar 2013 18:57

Wizard Anyone calling for McDermott's head is a massive utterpcunt of the highest order. Don't know of a single manager who I'd rather have at our club, but Paolo do Canio? A nazi saluting racist with only proven success in the lower leagues? No thanks :lol:

100% This (although i think it may be Mussolini's salute rather than a Nazi salute, but whatever...)

246 posts