melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MCDERMOTT SACKED

by melonhead » 11 Mar 2013 18:02

he lost the crowd

Taffster

by Taffster » 11 Mar 2013 18:02

muddyfeet This decision should either have been made about 8 weeks ago or not at all

We are most likely on our way down and McD is clearly an excellent Championship Manager

idiots

He is a excellent Championship manager but the style in which he does it means you are going to struggle to adapt to life in the prem. It's all very well being able to set up a solid team who grinds out wins but the jump in class between the 2 leagues means you have to have a plan B and he has never had that sadly.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Brian McDermott has left?

by Hoop Blah » 11 Mar 2013 18:02

The fans reaction at the weekend, combined with the last two inept performances at home, will have most likely pushed Zingaravich over the edge.

Is it a good move? I can certainly see some logic in it as we're going down with him and they presumably feel he's not the man to rebuild in the way they want to. In the meantime perhaps we could see a mini-bounce effect that sometimes sacking a manager can have. A couple of results might save the season but its very very unlikely.

Most likely this is with a view of getting someone in to bed in before the summer and start to make plans for the rebuilding whilst they can assess the current squad and who to retain or shunt out before coming back for pre-season (so we don't get the situation where Hammond was left to boot out 5 or 6 before Rodger got the job and was left with a bigger rebuild than perhaps he'd have wanted).

Thanks for the sterling work Brian, but ultimately I think you came up short this season.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 11 Mar 2013 18:03

I thought that maybe we'd show a bit of bravery and intelligence and keep faith in someone who had done so much for the club. We've passed the time when it made any sense to sack him, and now we just look as fcking stupid as every other club. If it was going to happen, it should have happened ages ago. We've got no chance of staying up, and now we've got rid of the best man for next year. Unbelievable.

The crowd who he lost probably won't be here next season anyway.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Mar 2013 18:03

The fans reaction at the weekend, combined with the last two inept performances at home, will have most likely pushed Zingaravich over the edge.

Is it a good move? I can certainly see some logic in it as we're going down with him and they presumably feel he's not the man to rebuild in the way they want to. In the meantime perhaps we could see a mini-bounce effect that sometimes sacking a manager can have. A couple of results might save the season but its very very unlikely.

Most likely this is with a view of getting someone in to bed in before the summer and start to make plans for the rebuilding whilst they can assess the current squad and who to retain or shunt out before coming back for pre-season (so we don't get the situation where Hammond was left to boot out 5 or 6 before Rodger got the job and was left with a bigger rebuild than perhaps he'd have wanted).

Thanks for the sterling work Brian, but ultimately I think you came up short this season.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 11 Mar 2013 18:04

melonhead he lost the mong element of the crowd

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Mar 2013 18:04

think thats bollox.
he played whatever style fitted with our personell and how they could exploit opposition weaknesses.

our personell werent up to it, and it was too big a job to rebuild it for this season

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 11 Mar 2013 18:04

Unphased Royal Why now though? Seems so odd that you would make a change with us pretty much already down rather than doing it before when the new guy could possibly save us or at the end of the season when we have to rebuild

To give a new manager time to look at the current players and have a look to see who he wants to keep/get rid of over the summer.

Thanks for your efforts Brian, you will be remembered fondly for some great memories.

People were mentioning Adkins in the other thread. I would be in favour of this now Brian has gone.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 11 Mar 2013 18:05

Sad to see Brian go but it is a results business and if we had beat wigan and villa at home he would still be in a job.

Thou the next manager has his work cut out with limited players at the club.

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 11 Mar 2013 18:06

Watch as the same fans who booed him, chant his name over the next couple of weeks. F1ckle f*cks.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Mar 2013 18:06

Nigel Adkins....the door is open for you...come on in!!

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 11 Mar 2013 18:06

Adkins wouldn't be worst choice but does look like the kind of person who has his computer taken away by the police.
Last edited by soggy biscuit on 11 Mar 2013 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 11 Mar 2013 18:07

Jonny Fordham ‏@JonnyFordham
Just had a text from McDermott, simply said: "Devastated" #readingfc

:cry:

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 11 Mar 2013 18:07

Zingarevich out

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Mar 2013 18:07

I hope he comes out and tells us why he didn't spend the money he reckoned he had.

I'm very sad - no-one is going to come in now and "do a Harry" - should have waited til beginning of next season, seen how we started and then possibly made that decision. Or done it at Xmas so a new man could come in and spend all the millions TSI have made available. LOLz. :twisted:

Thanks Brian - always a legend. Did miracles in difficult circumstances and with next to no money. Be careful what the rest of you wish for with regard to a new manager. Someone who has had no connection with RFC in the past won't feel anywhere near the connection that Brian felt with the club.

I hope he gets a great job next season and flicks the Vs at our board and our idiot fans who wanted him gone.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Mar 2013 18:07

Zingarevich's lips don't even move when he fcking speaks

THE PRICK

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 11 Mar 2013 18:07

As well as he did at Southampton, I really can't abide Nigel Adkins.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Mar 2013 18:08

whilst i agree, do you think the fans and owner will think another manager who also failed in the prem is the right way to go?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Mar 2013 18:08

On the plus side for Brian, however, he'll get a nice little payoff and he deserves EVERY FOOKING PENNY of it.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 11 Mar 2013 18:08

Ouroboros Zingarevich out

AGREED.

714 posts