Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

2614 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next Reading Manager

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Mar 2013 13:07

Royal91 The fact that Parky is being considered is just ridiculous!

Why would it be?

He's passionate about the club, like McDermott was, and he could mould a good Championship team if we go down.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Mar 2013 13:10

TTC
This is just my opinion- It doesn't mean I'm right :)

If you're not even sure your opinions are definitely correct you can f**k off you useless mong.

If you cant pass off your opinions as undoubted fact and use personal abuse to back up your opinions and knock down others' then HNA has no place for wrong morons like you.

Other than that, welcome :wink:

Divvy

by Divvy » 14 Mar 2013 13:14

LoyalRoyalFan
Royal91 The fact that Parky is being considered is just ridiculous!

Why would it be?

He's passionate about the club, like McDermott was, and he could mould a good Championship team if we go down.

So could McDermott, then sack him when we go up?

We can't afford to take a risk on anyone. AZ wants an instant return next season, then to stay up. The next manager will be under immense pressure to hit the ground running and get it right. Parky is a big risk!

TTC

by TTC » 14 Mar 2013 13:18

2 world wars, 1 world cup
TTC

If you're not even sure your opinions are definitely correct you can f**k off you useless mong.

If you cant pass off your opinions as undoubted fact and use personal abuse to back up your opinions and knock down others' then HNA has no place for wrong morons like you.

Haha thanks fella. Unique welcome award certainly goes to you!

I'm shocked that Zinga sacked McDermott without a replacement lined up. Absolute schoolboy error.

stickywhisky

by stickywhisky » 14 Mar 2013 13:20

TTC Hi TTC, nice post - welcome to the board
although I don't agree re Hammond, you've made an interesting suggestion

Thanks Whiskey for the welcome. :)'

The reason I think Hammond should go is that he should have known the need to invest in quality premiership proven players in the summer- After all he was also DOF when we were relegated from the prem last time around. Bringing in League one players/Championship players just won't cut it nowadays.

The first team, just aren't good enough, I think with the exception of McCarthy, Alfie and Kebe we have no players of premiership quality- DOF has the say on which players are suitable. :/

What do you think? :)[/quote]
I think re the recruitment of players over the summer & Jan, that BM, NH & AZ are equally culpable as they all shared responsibility of bringing in quality players, it appears AZ only showed his hand on the final day in January.
I think lessons have been learned and im sure AZ will think more carefully when the manager/DOF identify players

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Mar 2013 13:34

Andrei Shevchenko has just entered the betting at 33/1 (SkyBet)

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 14 Mar 2013 13:37

winchester_royal
Eaststandman
winchester_royal How do you know it was knee jerk? How do you know it wasn't close in December and Brian was only saved by a few lucky comebacks in January?

Thats the point surely, we don't know, but the bloody football club should and therefore not look rudderless?

What more do you expect a day after sacking a manager? :|

Hey Winch, tick tock tick tock how much longer do you think?

One of the good things about our club used to be how very different we were to the hire 'em fire 'em! if they failed to win everything immediately crowd of unreasonable clubs with ridiculous expectations. We are in danger of joining the list of lol clubs everyday that passes without clear and definitive direction!

Firing BM looks increasingly futile to me and half the world of football professionals, surely they can't all be sentimentalists?

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 14 Mar 2013 13:37

LoyalRoyalFan Andrei Shevchenko has just entered the betting at 33/1 (SkyBet)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Mar 2013 13:49

Eaststandman
LoyalRoyalFan Andrei Shevchenko has just entered the betting at 33/1 (SkyBet)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just entered? He's been listed as that for last few days ...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Mar 2013 13:51

They've also got a guy called Alex McCleish ... never heard of him, maybe he's related to Alex McLeish?

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 14 Mar 2013 14:13

Royalwaster They've also got a guy called Alex McCleish ... never heard of him, maybe he's related to Alex McLeish?

Anyone but him ... good championship manager but nothing more and the Villa squad that he just about survived with last year should have been much further up the table than they actually were in the end.

Has anyone else seen the DM article about how there has never been a team in the relegation zone who has changed their manager at this stage of the season and survived in the PL?

I don't think this sort of scrap we are in calls for a level headed quiet character, we need someone who can inspire the boys and put some belief in them and who isn't afraid to ring the changes when they are badly required.

Whoever it is it will be a huge huge ask for them it will be difficult enough trying to get our boys to play a different way never mind getting the results we need.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Mar 2013 14:14

Royalwaster They've also got a guy called Alex McCleish ... never heard of him, maybe he's related to Alex McLeish?

Maybe he's got something to do with this Alex McArthy guy people on here mention quite often.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Mar 2013 14:22

TTC
2 world wars, 1 world cup
TTC

Haha thanks fella. Unique welcome award certainly goes to you!

I'm shocked that Zinga sacked McDermott without a replacement lined up. Absolute schoolboy error.

Welcome mate. I think most of us are shocked, whether we agreed or not. Exciting times ahead though !!!

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 14 Mar 2013 14:30

All this talk of Parky is pure tabloid fantasy.

His profile rose when he got Badford to the League Cup Final and he is a club legend, however Bradford sit 11th place in League 2! Hardly inspiring.

I think Parky would be a disaster as Manager, however I am not worried as I'm sure it won't happen.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Mar 2013 14:37

Parky's got slightly better managerial credentials than Dolan. No WAY would we go for Parky as manager.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 14 Mar 2013 14:45

SPARTA
Norfolk Royal The Sun now saying Parky is top of our wish list!

Bradford say they have had no approach from Reading.

That's a disaster waiting to happen. No thank you.

Think they are all just fishing around with names so when I manager is announced they can say they predicted it. As said elsewhere I think there never was a manager lined up and it was always heading ED's way, on the hope that he might be able to turn the sow's ear into a tastier Pork dish than Brian was managing to.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Mar 2013 14:48

TTC The reason I think Hammond should go is that he should have known the need to invest in quality premiership proven players in the summer- After all he was also DOF when we were relegated from the prem last time around. Bringing in League one players/Championship players just won't cut it nowadays.

The first team, just aren't good enough, I think with the exception of McCarthy, Alfie and Kebe we have no players of premiership quality- DOF has the say on which players are suitable. :/

What do you think? :)

To be honest, I think the idea that Hammond isn't any good at what he does or that he needs to leave for us to improve is pretty daft.

His role is to assist the manager with the non-football side of things and be a link between the football side and the board. I don't want a DoF to be putting pressure on the manager to sign player A or B or to tell him how he should be picking his team.

I'd have no problem if he was advising having been asked by the manager, but it's the manager who should be shaping his squad and making the footballing decisions. The DoF should then make the managers wishes come true.

The two doubts over McDermotts failure this year, for me, are 1) who was responsible for the budget/lack of strengthing/sticking with the existing squad so much and 2) was there any inteference from above that stopped him doing what he wanted to with the team (ie the Pogrebnyak or Carrico signings). If McDermotts hands were tied then fair enough, but if not then I can't see where Hammond has done a bad job for the club.

fruits

by fruits » 14 Mar 2013 14:54

Big Ern I just hope you are right, Parky has a mercurial record at best.

The quality of candidates being bandied around frightens me to death, failures and has beens.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Mar 2013 15:04

every manager fails some time

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Mar 2013 15:15

Every manager dies. Not every manager truly lives.

2614 posts