Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

2614 posts
TTC

Re: Next Reading Manager

by TTC » 20 Mar 2013 18:57

Agent Balti
TTC I see your point, but unless we replace McD with a proven manager with top league experience then the dismissal is pointless IMO.

Partly right. The idea is that we're replacing one managerial style with another distinctly different managerial style, not just manager with minimal top league experience with a manager with none. That is what I believe, anyway.

I'll probably get flogged for this, but if that's the case I'd rather have Adkins- Attractive football and has promotion experience. Yes he spent a lot, but Southampton were in a better position in the table with him at the helm than they are now.

Saints did spend big, but they are 7 points clear of the relegation, and 5 points off 10th spot.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Mar 2013 19:03

I don't want him I want the latest manager to be linked with us. As long as it's not that horrible Brain McDermott, I hate him and his 'orrible brand of football that gave his last club all that success, we need to play like Swansea!!! What's that John Crufts doing these days? He got Barcelona started doing all dat passing and shit so maybe he can get us playing like Swansea.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 20 Mar 2013 19:04

I have it on good authority that Trevor Senior is going to apply, based on his vast experience with Bridport FC :wink:

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 20 Mar 2013 19:05

I have it on good authority that Trevor Senior is going to apply, based on his vast experience with Bridport FC :wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Mar 2013 19:07

Eaststandman I have it on good authority that Trevor Senior is going to apply, based on his vast experience with Bridport FC :wink:

He's not actually - cos I asked him!! :wink:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Mar 2013 19:09

Poyet was one of my favourites for the job before Christmas and still is now, although I didn't think he'd be that interested in the job at this point because Brighton have a good chance of going up and he's established his squad and idea there.

Perhaps he now thinks he's taken them as far as he can though and sees Reading as the better long term option (parachute payments meaning we'll be big fish in the Championship next season) and he gets to leave Brighton 'on a high' instead of after things start going down hill.

For those questioning his experience, don't forget the obvious impact he had in the Wise-Poyet team that did pretty well at Swindon and Leeds (whilst he was there). He's also got top flight experience whilst he was working with Ramos at Spurs (again they did well whilst he was there before having an awful start to the next season and all getting the boot).

For me he ticks a lot of boxes but I'm not getting excited yet as the manager betting markets are a bit of a farce so don't mean much.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Mar 2013 19:10

Schards got Poyet at 66/1 so I hope he gets the job :wink:

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 20 Mar 2013 19:12

Royal Lady
Eaststandman I have it on good authority that Trevor Senior is going to apply, based on his vast experience with Bridport FC :wink:

He's not actually - cos I asked him!! :wink:

Clearly changed his mind at 1900 tonight!............. :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Mar 2013 19:15

eh?

The club love him, but that's the "old guard" not sure AZ would even know who he was.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 20 Mar 2013 19:18

'Some fell on stony ground' never mind, personally I'm bored shitless by the dithering and ineptitude, so I'm out.......

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 20 Mar 2013 19:33

soggy biscuit Can someone register on that Brighton & Massive Albion forum and tell them just how underwhelmed I am at the thought of him becoming our new manager.

Done for ya

Not being funny or anything but the majority of us Reading fans are quite underwhelmed by the news that Poyet is in the running

Why sack a manager who got us to 2 FA Cup Q/Fs, a play off final and win us the Championship and replace him with a bloke who's won League One and turned a team into an average mid-table Championship side (no disrespect)

We'd rather Adkins over Poyet if we had the choice

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 20 Mar 2013 19:35

Royal Lady eh?

The club love him, but that's the "old guard" not sure AZ would even know who he was.

That's what I get mystified about when I see the odds containing the likes of Parky, Wdowczyk, Lord Trev...why on earth would AZ even ask the question "Who's got great ties to the club but isn't a successful manager yet?" It makes NO sense whatsoever apart from those misty-eyed with Reading FC jizz. Not going to happen...and if it does, we're going to hell in an Asda trolley.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Mar 2013 19:40

Trev's not showing in the odds is he? ALOL!!

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 20 Mar 2013 19:41

Royal Lady Trev's not showing in the odds is he? ALOL!!

I'll get some money on him now then! :D

onethirtyfour

by onethirtyfour » 20 Mar 2013 19:41

To start with I was ''anyone but Di Canio'' because his theatrical/panto/circus style is not the RFC way and this week I'd have taken Adkins but I'm even happier with Poyet taking it. He seems to have the right balance of professionalism and flair and seems disciplined. Going to stick a tenner on us staying up.... if he is our man.
I still believe.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Mar 2013 19:43

Agent Balti

What odds is he?? Lay lay lay is my advice.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Mar 2013 19:47

TBM
soggy biscuit Can someone register on that Brighton & Massive Albion forum and tell them just how underwhelmed I am at the thought of him becoming our new manager.

Done for ya

Not being funny or anything but the majority of us Reading fans are quite underwhelmed by the news that Poyet is in the running

Why sack a manager who got us to 2 FA Cup Q/Fs, a play off final and win us the Championship and replace him with a bloke who's won League One and turned a team into an average mid-table Championship side (no disrespect)

Well put.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Mar 2013 19:48

Did you sign it "soggy biscuit from hna"?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 20 Mar 2013 19:55

Royal Lady
Agent Balti

Lay lay lay is my advice.

:shock:

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 20 Mar 2013 19:57

2 world wars, 1 world cup
TBM

Done for ya

Well put.

I'm not sure who you are referring to when you say 'we'.

2614 posts