Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

2614 posts
TTC

Re: Next Reading Manager

by TTC » 22 Mar 2013 09:42

72 bus Hammond was tasked with identifying six candidates and to recommend a short list of three from those six.
Who was the third candidate ?

I'd guess at Poyet, Di Matteo & Adkins. Who honestly knows fella.

Jano

by Jano » 22 Mar 2013 09:43

Or Di Canio.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 22 Mar 2013 09:44

Zdenek Zeman or Paul Le Guen

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 22 Mar 2013 09:46

Poyet has proven hardly anything so far to be justifying that he's some kind of smoking hot property. Seems to me like he's just desperate to try and force his chairman to pony up a load more money in an attempt to buy a promotion even though he's had ample dosh to get them there already. If they don't go up or make the play offs his goose is cooked and he knows it.

Dolan is fine until someone else we want becomes available. We should be experienced enough by now not to start impulsively go chasing those who hardly justify the attention as we've conquered the Championship before without chasing all the Mr Big Time Contenders.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Mar 2013 09:47

winchester_royal
Schards#2 The decision to sack Brian is looking more shambolic by the hour, and it looked pretty shambolic to start with.

No successor lined up and now, apparently, declined by our two main targets leaving an untried caretaker completely out of his depth in charge, probably to the end of the season at least. It is not hard to see why people draw comparisons with Wolves and I suspect we will follow their example by struggling to gain any more points this season. We would not have stayed up under Brian either by this is leaving us in a complete mess looking forward to next season too.

It's only March :lol:

Like I said...paranoia overdrive.

We just tried very hard to get our number 1 target, who (for reasons beyond our control) turned it down. Now we move on to our second choice. Our next game isn't for another 8 days, and even then it's a game that is completely unwinnable.

Meanwhile it's 5 months until the start of next season so I think we've still got plenty of time in that regard...

Chill the fook out guys.

8 days - plenty of time so that's OK then. If you can't see the similarities with Wolves last season then you are deluded. By getting rid of Brian without a cast iron Plan A and Plan B we've thrown this season away.

On a side note the dearth of actual talented managers who can manage at the Championship/PL level is quite surprising, especially British managers.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 22 Mar 2013 09:49

:cry:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Mar 2013 10:00

Surely Glenn Hoddle is the only answer left now.

No self respecting manager will take the job now that our main targets have made the club look silly - just like with Wolves last season - so we need to turn to the Hoddle and he comes with divine guidance as well - which cannot be a bad thing. He even lives locally.

Jano

by Jano » 22 Mar 2013 10:02

If we're going for locals, we may aswell give Paul Daniels a call.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 22 Mar 2013 10:04

HoneyRoastHoax

:cry:

Not a bad shout - plays some nice football and can use his old man for contacts

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Mar 2013 10:07

leon
By getting rid of Brian without a cast iron Plan A and Plan B we've thrown this season away.

We threw this season away by not beating the sides around us, the season was over with the home defeats by wigan and villa.
Both of which were down to Mcdermott's "just another game" philosophy

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Mar 2013 10:09

andrew1957 Surely Glenn Hoddle is the only answer left now.

No self respecting manager will take the job now that our main targets have made the club look silly - just like with Wolves last season - so we need to turn to the Hoddle and he comes with divine guidance as well - which cannot be a bad thing. He even lives locally.

Extra seats available when he takes the disabled sections out, its a win/win, no need for Antons stadium expansion that he cannot really afford.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 22 Mar 2013 10:10

winchester_royal Our next game isn't for another 8 days, and even then it's a game that is completely unwinnable

Let's hope the players have a better attitude than you

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 22 Mar 2013 10:13

PS BRING BACK BRIAN

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Mar 2013 10:16

On a serious note I think Anton has made a total ***** up of the situation. He clearly made a kneejerk reaction the other day after the Villa loss and probably thought he could buy in any manager he wanted.

It was a huge mistake to sack Brian, but now that he has the only realistic option is to give it to Dolan for the rest of the season and then think again in May. If by some miracle we stay up then great - but more realistically if we make the right appointment in May (which could even be Dolan) it will now take us a few years to get back to the PL again - just like the last time.

This is an almighty cock up in my opinion - a complete repeat of Wolves last season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Mar 2013 10:16

72 bus
leon
By getting rid of Brian without a cast iron Plan A and Plan B we've thrown this season away.

We threw this season away by not beating the sides around us, the season was over with the home defeats by wigan and villa.

That's right. He sent out the team not to give a oxf*rd. Well hopefully everything is now panning out as you wanted it.

And +1 Maguire

TTC

by TTC » 22 Mar 2013 10:19

72 bus

Extra seats available when he takes the disabled sections out, its a win/win, no need for Antons stadium expansion that he cannot really afford.

Haha.

Hoddle has done well wherever he's gone, only got sacked as England coach because he's a colossal douche. Good coach, but nuttier than squirrel shit.

I'm not saying I want Hoddle, far from it. I'm firmly in the Adkins camp.

I don't think a potential manager would turn down a job if they weren't 1st choice. it would surely give them more grit and determination to show what he's about?

Also it's only the media saying who our first choice was, nobody from the club has. I think the club will/have interviewed several people for the job. If we were to believe Sky, Di Canio was our first choice.

Don't always believe what badly informed journos' write. :)
Last edited by TTC on 22 Mar 2013 10:23, edited 2 times in total.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 Mar 2013 10:21

Christ, what was the question?!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Mar 2013 10:23

72 bus
leon

th ephilospohy that has taken us up to the prem twice for the first two times in our history?

yeah. terrible system.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Mar 2013 10:26

leon
That's right. He sent out the team not to give a oxf*rd.
And +1 Maguire

Well it certainly looked that way from where I was sat, he had two games right there to save his job and he was not up to it.
Most clubs would have got rid in january

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Mar 2013 10:30

72 bus
leon
That's right. He sent out the team not to give a oxf*rd.
And +1 Maguire

Well it certainly looked that way from where I was sat, he had two games right there to save his job and he was not up to it.
Most clubs would have got rid in january

That'll be the January he won MOTM?

2614 posts