I now actually hope.....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: I now actually hope.....

by melonhead » 22 Mar 2013 16:02

TTC
floyd__streete ...that we go down. No more than we deserve as a club. On every level. For treating a long-serving club employee so shabbily. For playing some truly horrific football. For chatting rubbish about signing proven Premier League quality and then not delivering. For the supporters who cheered ironically when Leigertwood was substituted.

Zingarevich. The players. McDermott. The fans. You all deserve to be relegated.

How was McDermott treat shabbily? He was sacked because we are second bottom of the league and he didn't bring in good enough players during 2 transfer windows.

Everything else I agree with, but being sacked and having a 6 figure settlement isn't really being shabbily treat is it? I'd get sacked happily if my boss gave me a 6 figure settlement. :mrgreen:

was it 6 figure?

TTC

by TTC » 22 Mar 2013 16:52

Yep 6 figure settlement was agreed. And in my opinion he did bang on about it, mentioning it on more than 2 occasions. McD & Hammond didn't bring in good enough players- which ultimately put us in the position we are currently in. Having a good stadium, good wage structure and desire to stay in the league would attract players, especially if theyre sat on the bench in a big premiership team.

Teams like Swansea/Norwich attract players- why couldn't we? :cry:

It would have been easy to attract players pre season, understandably difficult in January (even though we were in form)

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Mar 2013 16:57

I thought if you were sacked, they paid you off up to the end of your contract. Didn't McD have at least a year to go, having fairly recently signed an extension along with Gibbs and other backroom staff? So if he had a six figure payoff, he was on less than £1 million a year? Good luck to AZ getting anyone else in on that amount...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Mar 2013 17:00

floyd__streete ...that we go down. No more than we deserve as a club. On every level. For treating a long-serving club employee so shabbily. For playing some truly horrific football. For chatting rubbish about signing proven Premier League quality and then not delivering. For the supporters who cheered ironically when Leigertwood was substituted.

How the f*ck was he 'treated so shabbily' ? He was given financial support but presided over two pretty dire transfer windows and then was given a good opportunity to turn things around on the pitch ( longer than most people would have been given). Only when we blew the the vital games against the teams around us (games that many on here had spent the season assuring us that we would win) and was giving off pretty clear signs that he didn't know what to do to turn things around, was he fired.

Furthermore, you can be pretty sure that he has not left the club a poor man.

I would have loved things to have worked out differently and for him to still be involved in the club but I don't believe he was dealt with 'so shabbily'.

TTC

by TTC » 22 Mar 2013 17:04

RoyalBlue

How the f*ck was he 'treated so shabbily' ? He was given financial support but presided over two pretty dire transfer windows and then was given a good opportunity to turn things around on the pitch ( longer than most people would have been given). Only when we blew the the vital games against the teams around us (games that many on here had spent the season assuring us that we would win) and was giving off pretty clear signs that he didn't know what to do to turn things around, was he fired.

Furthermore, you can be pretty sure that he has not left the club a poor man.

I would have loved things to have worked out differently and for him to still be involved in the club but I don't believe he was dealt with 'so shabbily'.

+1

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Mar 2013 17:08

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 Mar 2013 17:37

Floyd's got one thing spot on, it asppears the vast majority of our fans are arseholes and for once HNA is actually representative of the fans as a whole

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Mar 2013 17:39

Silver Fox Floyd's got one thing spot on, it asppears the vast majority of our fans are arseholes and for once HNA is actually representative of the fans as a whole

Nah.

I recon about 50% of fans are idiots. 95% on hobnob are mentally retarded.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 22 Mar 2013 17:46

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Mar 2013 17:48

TTC Yep 6 figure settlement was agreed. And in my opinion he did bang on about it, mentioning it on more than 2 occasions. McD & Hammond didn't bring in good enough players- which ultimately put us in the position we are currently in. Having a good stadium, good wage structure and desire to stay in the league would attract players, especially if theyre sat on the bench in a big premiership team.

Teams like Swansea/Norwich attract players- why couldn't we? :cry:

It would have been easy to attract players pre season, understandably difficult in January (even though we were in form)

swansea and norwich attract better players as theyve been in the prem for more than a few weeks
when they cane up they bought decent promising and hungry championship players.

why are you privvy to private financial matters of our club?

and your opinion is wrong- he mentioned it in two interviews-which were then regurgitated ad infinitum.
but at no point did he say- fear not a bevvy of wonderful premiere league experienced and quality players are on their way.
he specifically said- i would love to bring those kinds of players in, but realistically its going to be very difficult for a club like us, in our position

TTC

by TTC » 22 Mar 2013 18:10

swansea and norwich attract better players as theyve been in the prem for more than a few weeks
when they cane up they bought decent promising and hungry championship players.

why are you privvy to private financial matters of our club?

and your opinion is wrong- he mentioned it in two interviews-which were then regurgitated ad infinitum.
but at no point did he say- fear not a bevvy of wonderful premiere league experienced and quality players are on their way.
he specifically said- i would love to bring those kinds of players in, but realistically its going to be very difficult for a club like us, in our position[/quote]

I'm not "privvy" to financial matters, it was reported in the press, ill try and find a link to where I read it.

He never said about a bevy of wonderful players are coming, because he said pre season he thought the squad was good enough. When did he say it was going to be difficult to attract talent? Pre season or January?

My opinion is never wrong in my opinion ;)

TTC

by TTC » 22 Mar 2013 18:20

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... nd-adkins/

Now you can be privvy to the finances of our club too.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Mar 2013 18:38

nothing in that article refers to the finances of the club.....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Mar 2013 18:44

When did he say it was going to be difficult to attract talent? Pre season or January?

just before and during january-exactly the same time as when he said wed bring in prem players that youre moaning about. :roll:

he said after the summer he was happy with what he had, and had got everyone he tried to get.
(within his budget) this is just good management, cant say-im unhappy with the players ive got, i think theyre all a bit shit can he?
doesnt mean he wouldnt have liked to be able to get messi in though.

its not quite certain about who made the decisions yet on budget.
anton says there was more money, brian said he thinks they should have spent more.

TTC

by TTC » 22 Mar 2013 19:05

Read the article- says Zinga agreed to a six figure settlement with McD this week...

My point is McD was clearly wrong when he thought the squad in the summer was strong enough- it clearly wasnt. it's a lot easier to get players during pre season, than in January when you're fighting relegation.

If there was 10 million available for Gylfi then there would have been funds available for others surely?

Hardly moaning- putting my point across. You've queried where I read about the six figure settlement and I've posted you a link.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Mar 2013 19:10

TTC Read the article- says Zinga agreed to a six figure settlement with McD this week...

My point is McD was clearly wrong when he thought the squad in the summer was strong enough- it clearly wasnt. it's a lot easier to get players during pre season, than in January when you're fighting relegation.

If there was 10 million available for Gylfi then there would have been funds available for others surely?

im sorry. some bloke saying it in the chronicle or EP isnt a FACT
my point is that he never felt it was strong enough, he said he was happy with what he had. for the reasons already stated it was a bad idea to say anything different.

there was ten+ million available late on in jan, possibly as a panic move to avoid relegation.
we identify players we think we want and are good enough, and if they are worth it to us, we assign a value to them that we think is fair, and offer that.
just cos 10 million was available for tom ince or gylfi or aspas doesnt mean we would spend 10 million on a load of other players.

TTC

by TTC » 22 Mar 2013 19:21

im sorry. some bloke saying it in the chronicle or EP isnt a FACT
my point is that he never felt it was strong enough, he said he was happy with what he had. for the reasons already stated it was a bad idea to say anything different.

there was ten+ million available late on in jan, possibly as a panic move to avoid relegation.
we identify players we think we want and are good enough, and if they are worth it to us, we assign a value to them that we think is fair, and offer that.
just cos 10 million was available for tom ince or gylfi or aspas doesnt mean we would spend 10 million on a load of other players.[/quote]

Never said it was a FACT, you asked where I got the info from. But if that isn't fact, neither is the gossip you use from the same papers about the transfer kitty and players that we tried to sign.

How do you know the ten mil was only available late January?

Anyways- drop me a pm fella, we'll continue the debate, don't wanna clog the feed with us debating lol.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Mar 2013 19:35

Hate to say it but I sort of agree with Floyd on this one.

We deserve all we get for sacking Brian with just 9 games to go. Madness and it could set the club back a long way if they don't get the managerial appointment right.

I have always despised clubs who don’t treat good managers with respect. I felt we showed little respect to Brendan, but he did not have Brian’s track record so it was perhaps understandable.

But we have now joined that group of clubs with absolutely no class.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 22 Mar 2013 19:36

On and off paper we are the worst team in the league. Lack Premiership quality in crucial positions. We deserve to go.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 22 Mar 2013 20:10

Rumpole Floyd is the only true premiership-class moaner we have. He's the only one that deserves to remain in his own personal hell in this poxy league.

You should follow him on Twitter.

All.the.time.