Where was Guthrie again?!

587 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Guthrie comments.

by Extended-Phenotype » 03 Apr 2013 10:20

Oh for f/cks sake. What do you think the questions were?

Q: It must be great for you to have a new manager after the last one kept pretending you were injured.

“I don’t want to talk about anything in the past, I want to look forward now. We’ve got a new manager now and everything is looking a little bit better."

Q: Do you think this will affect the shit downsers who were guaranteed a place in the past?

“I think they will have to be a little bit sharper and for players like me it’s a new chance under a new manager. It has a big impact on everyone."

Q: Did Brian have any favourites that got in the side even if they played like chinslappers?

“I don’t know but there were players who played every week. When a new manager comes in, it’s a fresh start for everyone."

If I was a journo, I know exactly what my angle would be and how I'd edit his response in keeping with the story.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Apr 2013 11:12

Ian Royal
melonhead
The Rouge What were his comments?

essentially " i simply still cannot understand why i wasnt played as much as i wanted. im cl4arly better than anyone else here and deserve to be an automatic pick, despite never doing oxf*rd all when i was picked"

im paraphrasing of course
but if respected journos can do it, so can i

- th ejournos have clearly dug deep into the quotes to take any slight implication of a dig.
taken at face value hes simply saying" we all know i didnt play as much as i liked under brian, and now i have clean slate & a chance to prove myself to the new manager, and it means that even the established players need to pick up their games if they want to impress him too. this can only be good for the club"

You're putting quite a lot of personal bias into interpreting that, because it's not what it says at all.

which paraphrased made up bit are you saying is paraphrased and made up?

the first one, or the 2nd one?

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 03 Apr 2013 12:18

[quote="Extended-Phenotype"]Oh for f/cks sake. What do you think the questions were?

Q: It must be great for you to have a new manager after the last one kept pretending you were injured.

“I don’t want to talk about anything in the past, I want to look forward now. We’ve got a new manager now and everything is looking a little bit better."

Q: Do you think this will affect the shit downsers who were guaranteed a place in the past?

“I think they will have to be a little bit sharper and for players like me it’s a new chance under a new manager. It has a big impact on everyone."

Q: Did Brian have any favourites that got in the side even if they played like chinslappers?

“I don’t know but there were players who played every week. When a new manager comes in, it’s a fresh start for everyone."

If I was a journo, I know exactly what my angle would be and how I'd edit his response in keeping with the story.[/quote

:)

Unbelievable Jeff

Re: Where was Guthrie again?!

by Unbelievable Jeff » 04 Apr 2013 19:12

Although Guthrie has been fairly average on the field and a bit of a D*** off of it, I cannot help but feel he is still one of our most capable players.
I think that he was wrong to criticise McDermott, however he wasn't given a fair treatment by him, so it was only a matter of time before he was going to retaliate.
If Guthrie was playing in a team with other people on his wave length, e.g Leon Britton and Michu at Swansea, he would be a very good player but he has to deal with Legs and Karacan who cannot string a pass together, so it is difficult for him.

If we manage to keep hold of him in the Championship, he will be a key player for us.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Apr 2013 19:20

so basically, Guthrie implies its everybodies fault except Guthries?

Get on with your job, win your team spot, perform on the pitch to your pricetag and your promise and shut the f11ck up meantime.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 04 Apr 2013 22:12

Ideal
Unbelievable Jeff If Guthrie was playing in a team with other people on his wave length he would be a very good player

he's a rubbish footballer who thinks he is better than Messi

There is no way you can say he is rubbish. When Tiote and Cabaye were both injured last season, he came in and done a fantastic job for Newcastle who finished 5th, grabbing a handful of assists and scoring a couple of goals. This is because he had people making runs and options for him.

Give him time under the way Adkins plays and if we get the right people playing around him, I guarantee he will succeed

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 04 Apr 2013 23:30

Unbelievable Jeff
Ideal
Unbelievable Jeff If Guthrie was playing in a team with other people on his wave length he would be a very good player

There is no way you can say he is rubbish. When Tiote and Cabaye were both injured last season, he came in and done a fantastic job for Newcastle who finished 5th, grabbing a handful of assists and scoring a couple of goals. This is because he had people making runs and options for him.

Give him time under the way Adkins plays and if we get the right people playing around him, I guarantee he will succeed

I agree with Unbelievable Jeff!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Apr 2013 00:50

Royal91
Unbelievable Jeff
Ideal

I agree with Unbelievable Jeff!

I'm not taking any guarantees from someone called Unbelievable Jeff. Especially as I think Guthrie has contributed to our poor season with his pathetic antics. So basically, fuck off Jeff, whoever you are.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

Guthrie

by weybridgewanderer » 06 Apr 2013 14:32

As predicted by so many on here, he makes all the difference.

Well done, guys, sorry I doubted you!!

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Guthrie

by Ouroboros » 06 Apr 2013 14:33

:|

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 06 Apr 2013 14:36

Thought he had a good game tbf - we lost shape when he went off and nobody put a pass to feet

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Apr 2013 14:39

Removed having been as useless as ever.

I'm happy to chip in £20 towards his train fare to somewhere far away..........................fcuk it, make that £50 :evil:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 06 Apr 2013 14:40

Woodcote Royal Removed having been as useless as ever.

I'm happy to chip in £20 towards his train fare to somewhere far away..........................fcuk it, make that £50 :evil:

Did people watch a different game to me, or was it due to the fact he didn't bang in a 30 yarder

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 06 Apr 2013 14:40

Jay Tabb > Guthrie

(controversial)

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 06 Apr 2013 14:41

Thought he played really well today, not sure why he was subbed off. Id like to see him here next season once Adkins has tweaked the side.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Apr 2013 14:42

TBM

Did people watch a different game to me, or was it due to the fact he didn't bang in a 30 yarder

Perhaps some of us saw better passing from Morrison.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 06 Apr 2013 14:43

TBM Thought he had a good game tbf - we lost shape when he went off and nobody put a pass to feet

looks like you were watching a different game from everyone else yes

we lost our shape when we, yet again, let in a soft goal

Guthrie offered nothing more than anyone else has offered

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 06 Apr 2013 14:43

TBM

He was fine. But he isn't exactly the Saviour of Mankind. If he is supposed to be the lynch pin to bring the team together, well, not for me.....

Danny Guthrie = Darren Caskey

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Apr 2013 14:44

LightwaterRoyal Thought he played really well today, not sure why he was subbed off.

Because Adkins didn't agree with your assessment

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 06 Apr 2013 14:44

weybridgewanderer
TBM Thought he had a good game tbf - we lost shape when he went off and nobody put a pass to feet

looks like you were watching a different game from everyone else yes

we lost our shape when we, yet again, let in a soft goal

Guthrie offered nothing more than anyone else has offered

lol, ok

587 posts