SJM - Minutes silence vs Liverpool

335 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SJM - Minutes silence vs Liverpool

by Snowball » 12 Apr 2013 12:22

No Fixed Abode I think if Liverpool mentioned and honoured the dead of Heysel more, Juve fans wouldn't be so aggrieved about it.

Maybe you should read the official Liverpool website?

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 12 Apr 2013 12:32

Snowball
No Fixed Abode I think if Liverpool mentioned and honoured the dead of Heysel more, Juve fans wouldn't be so aggrieved about it.

Ive pointed Kes in this direction before. He has also claimed that LFC fans try to brush Heysel under the carpet so I have pointed him in the direction of RAWK (biggest LFC fans forum). I believe he has ignored this.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Apr 2013 12:34

Snowball

Nothing about Heysel on Home page. Hillsborough is mentioned though. Thanks for proving my point.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 12 Apr 2013 12:40

No Fixed Abode
Snowball

Nothing about Heysel on Home page. Hillsborough is mentioned though. Thanks for proving my point.

Are you really that stupid Kes ? Hillsborough and the fight for justice has been in the news all year. There is no fight for justice for the 39 for the reasons already pointed out. Why don't you spend more time looking at the enormous amount of problems at your own club. Headhunters at the time of heysel, guns in training, club captain shagging team mates birds, club owner gaining his money from very ill gotten gains, Club captain calling opponents Black oxf*rd etc etc etc ?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Apr 2013 12:41

yep - and we've won a European cup without killing anyone.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 12 Apr 2013 12:42

No Fixed Abode yep - and we've won a European cup without killing anyone.

Obsessed with Liverpool much ?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Apr 2013 12:56

Hang on weren't Chelsea fans the ones who were responsible for Heysel? Must be true because Liverpool's Chairman at the time said it was.

VINTAGE ROYAL

by VINTAGE ROYAL » 12 Apr 2013 13:05

Always the victims, it's never their fault.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 12 Apr 2013 13:11

Er, is this the Liverpool and Chelsea fans who sing Munich songs at Man Utd or are they different ones? Just asking because there's the small and what seems like overlooked matter of a modest yet decent club called Reading FC who have a home game on Saturday.

As long as we're given a list of do's and don'ts before the game by anyone who feels the need to smother us in their own interests is fine, don't worry about it. We'll carry on doing the decent thing as per usual. Thanks in advance.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 12 Apr 2013 13:18

Royalclapper Er, is this the Liverpool and Chelsea fans who sing Munich songs at Man Utd or are they different ones? Just asking because there's the small and what seems like overlooked matter of a modest yet decent club called Reading FC who have a home game on Saturday.

As long as we're given a list of do's and don'ts before the game by anyone who feels the need to smother us in their own interests is fine, don't worry about it. We'll carry on doing the decent thing as per usual. Thanks in advance.

Any prick who sings about Munich or any other tragedy is low life scum i.m.o. I agree your fans, in general, will continue to do the right thing and I applaud them for it. I genuinely apologise that this discussion has taken place on the Team Board because it is the wrong part of the forum. Kes obviously disagrees about using tragedy as a way of point scoring as shown by his pathetic without killing anyone jibe which is a line sang by manc scumbags.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Apr 2013 13:23

I’d really like to know how Liverpool ram Hillsbrough memorials down everyone’s throat, TSW.

Can’t disagree with much of your post, but that ruined it.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Apr 2013 13:44

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Apr 2013 13:45

No Fixed Abode
Snowball

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/heysel

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Apr 2013 13:48

Tokyo Sex Whale
Sanguine I’d really like to know how Liverpool ram Hillsbrough memorials down everyone’s throat, TSW.

Can’t disagree with much of your post, but that ruined it.

Maybe a bad turn of phrase, when I re-read it I thought that but it was too late to change.

I just feel that Liverpool and the fans are very vocal in their approach to ensuring that everyone remembers Hillsborough. Whether it be national petitons, campaigns, silences etc. At one time maybe that was the right thing to do but it is now time to act with a bit more decorum, and leaving the mornung to those who want to mourn and remember.

edit - remoeved rammed down throats. Not the right language to use.

Fair enough, I guess my point was more that since the judgement was made last year, what national petitions and campaigns have there been from the Hillsborough lot? I can't say I've noticed any. And the silences are, presumably, at the behest of the Premier League/Football League.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 12 Apr 2013 13:51

Have you ever paused to think......................................no,sorry my mistake to think that you might.

boycey

by boycey » 12 Apr 2013 14:30

It's never your fault -

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 12 Apr 2013 14:32

Boycey anyone who fights over football or at football matches is a gobshite in my eyes. Unfortunately a lot of teams have/had a minority of these gobshites following them.

boycey

by boycey » 12 Apr 2013 14:36

Anfield Kopite Boycey anyone who fights over football or at football matches is a gobshite in my eyes. Unfortunately a lot of teams have/had a minority of these gobshites following them.

A UEFA report which will be presented to sports minister Richard Caborn today will brand Liverpool fans the worst in Europe.
European football's governing body, who commissioned undercover police agents to compile the report over the last four years, say there have been more incidents involving Reds supporters than anyone else.

UEFA spokesman William Gaillard said: "The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final which involved Liverpool fans last week.
"That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?

Liverpool have sent their own report to UEFA complaining about lax security measures at the final. Many supporters with forged tickets or no tickets at all managed to gain access to the stadium.

always the victims, its never your fault.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 12 Apr 2013 14:42

boycey
Anfield Kopite Boycey anyone who fights over football or at football matches is a gobshite in my eyes. Unfortunately a lot of teams have/had a minority of these gobshites following them.

A UEFA report which will be presented to sports minister Richard Caborn today will brand Liverpool fans the worst in Europe.
European football's governing body, who commissioned undercover police agents to compile the report over the last four years, say there have been more incidents involving Reds supporters than anyone else.

UEFA spokesman William Gaillard said: "The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final which involved Liverpool fans last week.
"That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?

Liverpool have sent their own report to UEFA complaining about lax security measures at the final. Many supporters with forged tickets or no tickets at all managed to gain access to the stadium.

always the victims, its never your fault.

Where is this report from ? And when ? Probably The Daily Made Up nonsense.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Apr 2013 15:02

Norfolk Royal Pissed Off wrote:

Which part was wrong? Did football fans stop fighting each other out of choice, not because of banning orders, disqualifications from tournaments and such?

When gangs fight it's usually spontaneous i.e. "look, there they are lets get them" or has to be organised over the phone or internet (time, place, number of people and whatever). All I'm saying is that football simplified this process and gave the opportunity at least twice a season for people of rival towns to fight.

If you thought my comment was aimed at the events of Hillsborough then you're wrong. I was saying that in general football fans are mostly to blame for the reputation of football fans.

NR: To answer your points in this and the previous post. You said that football gave degenerates the opportunity to act like a pack of animals for many years.

The logical conclusion to that is that football should be played behind closed doors, which was tried in several instances in the 80s and still happens now. That punishes the majority of well behaved fans of course and is not tenable in the long term for obvious reasons.

You said that fans were forced to behave well by the Government and the authorities.

That is not true almost in its entirety. Incidents of hooliganism did not stop, and still take place now. It is true that banning orders, all seater grounds, tougher sentencing, all had their effect in minor ways.

But, as many authoritative commentators and fans themselves have noted, the real reason that hooliganism waned was that it simply fell out of fashion. It was a fashion at the time for hundreds of young men to travel the country because they found it exciting to do so with the threat, usually, of a possibly violent caper on the horizon. But when the rave culture of the 90s took hold, young people gravitated to that. It simply got boring for most to actively take part.

You said 'most of the scourge of society are football fans.'

That is patent nonsense. The vast majority of football fans are decent and well behaved. That is as much true now as it was in the 80s. It is true that in the 80s, there were occasions when large numbers of hooligans made up parts of the crowd, particularly at small venues, but those occasions were few and far between.

In a crowd of 40K there are of course people who misbehave, but that would be true at any such event attracting a crowd of that size.

Fair enough, I assumed banning orders and such had more of an effect than they apparently did.
I guess that all that is needed in Eastern Europe and other places where hooliganism is still very common is for someone to introduce them to the rave scene (a joke).

I still maintain that an incredibly disproportionate amount of each areas's scum will be found inside a football stadium at 3pm on a Saturday, if you disagree with this I suggest you go to Luton, Burnley, Millwall, West Ham and all the rest to see for yourself.

335 posts