BFTG Norwich

276 posts
themadstad

Re: BFTG Norwich

by themadstad » 20 Apr 2013 22:00

First half was ok, after the first 5-10 mins we got into the game but just could not make it count. Second half was poor and whilst I see what Adkins is doing I feel he needs time, some want him out already I heard. Karacan has disappointed me this season and today he put us under unnecessary pressure at one point.

He's trying to see who he thinks will be good enough. The mistakes we make leading to goals really stood out today. I mean that as in they didn't need to do anything to actually score.
Last edited by themadstad on 20 Apr 2013 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 20 Apr 2013 22:01

Actually, a large part of why I think I can't be arsed next season is the Clolub.

TBH being quite old most of my enjoyment is my pre-match pint(s) with my mates. Football is a social things these days. To be honest, it always was.

I still enjoy the beer with my mates, however, these days I feel disconnected from the club. No real affiliation with them. For me, and I realise that you probably can't understand this, the sacking of Brian was pretty much the final straw. I say "pretty much" because I'm still not sure after watching the team for over 40 years whether I can or can't be arsed to renew next year.

Reading HobNob is equally depressing. I skim the Team Board because all I see is the same tiresome idiots who either know better about what we should be doing or even worse are calling one of our most successful managers a bald pcunt. Really. Some of you people have no idea.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 20 Apr 2013 22:03

I find it strange that Maguire is here but we haven`t seen IDEAL all day hmmm :D both sing from the same hyme sheet too

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 20 Apr 2013 22:05

so i just watched the highlights from today's match. defending was dreadful for the two goals, mccarthy looked class today, mccleary's goal was good. i believe that is only the second goal we have scored under NA in 4 matches? :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2013 22:05

After a strong start from Norwich and some shakey individual errors early on, I thought that first half was about the best I've seen us play this season. But at the same time it came from a bunch of players who are lacking the bravery and confidence in their own ability to make a telling run, pick out a killer pass, cross specifically to someone, take on a player decisively or engineer that little bit of space to rifle off a snap shot.

At the moment we're stuck with a squad of players that are a mish mash suited for different formations. We don't have the goalscorers and dynamic runners from wings and midfield to link with one striker and properly threaten goal. We don't have the strength in midfield or defence to survive playing two upfront.

I fancied sneaking a win in that game, but we were totally undone by a couple of minutes of Norwich upping their game and our defence falling apart. Once Norwich scored, their confidence soared and their performance increased. They started getting to second balls and keeping it better. You could see we realised we'd lost again and there wasn't really any faith in turning it around. I'm not surprised ALF wasn't brought on, because for most of that second half we barely got near their goal, so he would have been given no service and been useless.

Still, plenty of positives for next season. I'm not going to rate the players, because I had a less good stream than normal and was struggling to tell who was who a lot of the time.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 20 Apr 2013 22:07

Para Handy Actually, a large part of why I think I can't be arsed next season is the Clolub.

TBH being quite old most of my enjoyment is my pre-match pint(s) with my mates. Football is a social things these days. To be honest, it always was.

I still enjoy the beer with my mates, however, these days I feel disconnected from the club. No real affiliation with them. For me, and I realise that you probably can't understand this, the sacking of Brian was pretty much the final straw. I say "pretty much" because I'm still not sure after watching the team for over 40 years whether I can or can't be arsed to renew next year.

Reading HobNob is equally depressing. I skim the Team Board because all I see is the same tiresome idiots who either know better about what we should be doing or even worse are calling one of our most successful managers a bald pcunt. Really. Some of you people have no idea.

show me a link to anyone that calls BM that. i read this every day and have never seen it.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Apr 2013 22:11

Southampton away is bringing up all sorts of gems.

super darren caskey BRING ON GUTHRIE YOU BALD BLIND PCUNT

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 20 Apr 2013 22:13

Well, its probably the first time this season I have genuinely felt that we deserved more from a game. A draw would have been a fair result. The first 10-15 minutes we looked shaky, but as it went on we looked more comfortable and actually had quite a lot of the ball. I was glad at the end of the first half, that despite not creating any real chances, there were some true signs of Adkins management taking affect. The players are actually being taught how to keep the ball and were trying to play passing football. The problem was that too often, no one made a killer pass to set up a real chance. We ended up passing it back too much, going all the way back to McCarthy on several occasions. But at least we were keeping the ball. Next they need to learn how to run for each other and into space, forward passing instead of always making a pass to the side. We are still in the habit of getting the ball wide too much and not playing through the middle.

It is clear that the main thing is they are lacking confidence, if we had nicked a goal in the first half it would have done them the world of good, and we could have gone on to win. A couple of times when we did have the chance to shoot, we chose to pass and it came to nothing. There was a stand out incident first half when Jobi should have had a shot but passed to McCleary but it went too far wide. We seem happy just to win corners all the time, and still just lack a real cutting edge in the final third. Also, our decision making is still just too slow, often by the time we have made the right pass (if we do) the opposition are ready for it and its no longer a threat.

I didn't think any of our players had a particularly bad game, I would give everyone a 6/7 except McCarthy and McCleary who would get an 8. Karacan and McAnuff weren't great though and I'm not sure about Blackman. McCarthy was great when called upon again, made a couple of quality saves. He kept one out at the near post that was going top corner, then from the resulting corner made another great save but of course we were second to the ball and it was 1-0. The second goal was just poor defending in general. Nice goal by McCleary though, ran from on his own half but the perhaps the keeper should have saved it. I was wondering why Adkins didnt make some changes, Le Fondre on for Blackman and Carrico for Karacan would have been good. Maybe it was just a case of giving all the players the full 90, especially as they did fairly well in the first half.

So overall, the defeat was a bit dissapointing, but there were some encouraging signs. I think we can beat QPR next weekend, and the target is to finish above them.
Come on UUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Last edited by RoyallyFcuked on 20 Apr 2013 22:13, edited 2 times in total.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 20 Apr 2013 22:13

windermere_royal
Para Handy Actually, a large part of why I think I can't be arsed next season is the Clolub.

show me a link to anyone that calls BM that. i read this every day and have never seen it.

m8.If you think I've got the time or interest to do that then you're sadly mistaken. You'll have to trust me on this one. I'm sure I'll be pulled up if it's untrue.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 20 Apr 2013 22:13

sandman Southampton away is bringing up all sorts of gems.

That's a heat of the moment comment, I'm sure there will be those on here that call Adkins a speccy fake tanned tw*t at times. It's natural to vent your anger at the person with control when temperatures are high.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 20 Apr 2013 22:14

windermere_royal

Definitely been posted on here. Brian has been called a pcunt (silent p) on here many times. You ungrateful shits.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2013 22:14

does anybody really pay any attention to super darren caskey?

Mags - perhaps you could direct your criticism of that to the ones who've called him it then. I think it would be sensible to and bear in mind people will type any old frustrated shit they don't necessarily mean during a match when things are going bad. It might be better than just tossing your criticism out as if its valid for everyone here.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 20 Apr 2013 22:19

Don't understand the negativity. I thought we were brilliant at keeping possession in tight areas and working the ball into their half. Just need to start creating a couple more chances and we'll do well I think. However all game I was surrounded by people saying 'get it forward' - one of whom was a guy I sit near to who constantly wanted McD's teams to 'pass it!'.
I, however found today very encouraging indeed.

McCarthy - 8
Gunter - 6
Mariappa - 7
Morrison - 6
Kelly - 7
Guthrie - 9 MOTM - I thought he was absolutely a class act today
Karacan - 6
Blackman - 5
McCleary - 9
McAnuff - 7
Pogrebnyak - 7

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 20 Apr 2013 22:21

urz13 Don't understand the negativity. I thought we were brilliant at keeping possession in tight areas and working the ball into their half. Just need to start creating a couple more chances and we'll do well I think. However all game I was surrounded by people saying 'get it forward' - one of whom was a guy I sit near to who constantly wanted McD's teams to 'pass it!'.

McCarthy - 8
Gunter - 6
Mariappa - 7
Morrison - 6
Kelly - 7
Karacan - 6
Blackman - 5
McCleary - 9
McAnuff - 7
Pogrebnyak - 7

You're gonna get slaughtered for this, presuming it isn't sarcastic. Although the main gripe I have is that Mariappa gets a 7.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 20 Apr 2013 22:24

Ian Royal

Mags - perhaps you could direct your criticism of that to the ones who've called him it then. I think it would be sensible to and bear in mind people will type any old frustrated shit they don't necessarily mean during a match when things are going bad. It might be better than just tossing your criticism out as if its valid for everyone here.

Good defence of yourself there Ian. Personally, I don't think you should be lecturing Mags on what he should and shouldn't say. But that's just me.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Apr 2013 22:26

Ian Royal

Oh right so I guess it didn't happen then.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 20 Apr 2013 22:33

St. Brynjar
urz13 Don't understand the negativity. I thought we were brilliant at keeping possession in tight areas and working the ball into their half. Just need to start creating a couple more chances and we'll do well I think. However all game I was surrounded by people saying 'get it forward' - one of whom was a guy I sit near to who constantly wanted McD's teams to 'pass it!'.

McCarthy - 8
Gunter - 6
Mariappa - 7
Morrison - 6
Kelly - 7
Karacan - 6
Blackman - 5
McCleary - 9
McAnuff - 7
Pogrebnyak - 7

You're gonna get slaughtered for this, presuming it isn't sarcastic. Although the main gripe I have is that Mariappa gets a 7.

Why? He looked to pass it and made some crucial blocks/tackles which partially made up for him being a bit sleepy for their goals. We had 55% possession today - we usually have about 40%. That's encouraging already....

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Apr 2013 22:35

urz13 However all game I was surrounded by people saying 'get it forward'

Now this, despite all the worries about the quality of our squad and level of investment needed, is the biggest challenge that Adkins is going to face in his time here IMHO.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 20 Apr 2013 22:39

urz13
St. Brynjar

McCarthy - 8
Gunter - 6
Mariappa - 7
Morrison - 6
Kelly - 7
Karacan - 6
Blackman - 5
McCleary - 9
McAnuff - 7
Pogrebnyak - 7

Why? He looked to pass it and made some crucial blocks/tackles which partially made up for him being a bit sleepy for their goals. We had 55% possession today - we usually have about 40%. That's encouraging already....

Didn't say I disagreed other than Maps, but you said something nice about Danny Guthrie which is strongly frowned upon.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 20 Apr 2013 23:37

Royal91 424 passes in one game. Normally average about 280!

Great when they are safe passes going backwards. I can see the long term aim of what the team are attempting to achieve through Adkins but the confidence levels needs to be upped.

276 posts