Pogs Future

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pogs Future

by Reading4eva » 07 May 2013 00:32

Don't rate Pog one jot. Would rather have Keith Scott upfront!

First man out. Our strike force next year should be Le Fondre, Kevin Doyle, Roberts, Blackmsn and Nahki Wells.

Think we can get both Wells and Doyle pretty cheap

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 07 May 2013 00:34

Reading4eva Don't rate Pog one jot. Would rather have Keith Scott upfront!

First man out. Our strike force next year should be Le Fondre, Kevin Doyle, Roberts, Blackmsn and Nahki Wells.

He's no Jack Midson.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 07 May 2013 00:44

Always thought you were a dickhead, that post just confirms it .

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 07 May 2013 01:05

Sorry to upset with my opinions... I think he is sh1t! I don't rate him, but I wouldn't say anyone else who does is wrong and I hope he proves me wrong if he stays.

But surely the strike force listed would be good enough to grab us goals regularly

Unphased Royal

by Unphased Royal » 07 May 2013 01:21

St. Brynjar

He's no Jack Midson.

:lol:

Davezk

by Davezk » 07 May 2013 06:55

Doyle is not the player he was. Why do you think he'll be worth it when he couldn't hit a barn door at Wolves?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 07 May 2013 07:03

Allyh84 We should cash in on him ASAP if he has 4 years left. I bet we could sell him for silly money.

Adkins also said he reckons Roberts can be a force again next season. And remember how good he was in the Championship. He wins a lot of fouls and holds the ball up a lot better than Pogrebnyak.

I am interested to see what magic NA can perform during the pre season. We are already seeing the benefit of his management with Karacan rediscovering that he can actually play football. Who is to say that a solid spine of McCarthy, Mariappa, Morrison, Karacan, Guthrie, Pog and ALF can't be the catalyst for a successful season? If Pog stays, which I hope he will, sticking a few quid on 30+ goals would be a fairly safe bet.

Esteban

by Esteban » 07 May 2013 07:19

Only if he gets some decent service. Unfortunately, he hasn't had that all season, even under Adkins.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 07 May 2013 07:49

Terminal Boardom
Allyh84 We should cash in on him ASAP if he has 4 years left. I bet we could sell him for silly money.

Adkins also said he reckons Roberts can be a force again next season. And remember how good he was in the Championship. He wins a lot of fouls and holds the ball up a lot better than Pogrebnyak.

I am interested to see what magic NA can perform during the pre season. We are already seeing the benefit of his management with Karacan rediscovering that he can actually play football. Who is to say that a solid spine of McCarthy, Mariappa, Morrison, Karacan, Guthrie, Pog and ALF can't be the catalyst for a successful season? If Pog stays, which I hope he will, sticking a few quid on 30+ goals would be a fairly safe bet.

LOLWUT? How many players have ever scored 30 league goals in a season in the championship? Genuine question as I don't know, but I can't think of any. Lambert 'only' managed 28 goals or something didn't he, so it definitely wouldn't be a safe bet, more of a long shot.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 07 May 2013 08:03

Esteban Only if he gets some decent service. Unfortunately, he hasn't had that all season, even under Adkins.

Firstly, NA has made us a little tighter at the back. Secondly, he has improved the quality of football on offer. Next step will be to improve the number of chances created going forward. 13 efforts on target against Fulham is a highly impressive return and evidence that this is happening. Let's wait and see what NA and Co can do in the summer.

The Royal

by The Royal » 07 May 2013 08:40

Seriously Kevin Doyle????? His best years are past him. No more backward steps please reading

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 07 May 2013 09:35

If a player states that he wishes to leave a club it is deemed that he is actively trying to seek a transfer and therefore is no longer entitled to negotiate any pay off / statement on the remainer of his exisiting contract (which he had fully expect to honour) when he is eventually sold.

That is all.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 07 May 2013 10:20

Reading4eva Sorry to upset with my opinions... I think he is sh1t! I don't rate him, but I wouldn't say anyone else who does is wrong and I hope he proves me wrong if he stays.

But surely the strike force listed would be good enough to grab us goals regularly

Is it because he hasn't scored 15 goals this season?

His work rate for a lone striker is good and his job is to bring other in to play, which is starting to work with the space that McAnuff, McCleary and HRK are getting...

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 07 May 2013 11:19

I must be watching a different player, he doesn't have any of the attributes of a good centre forward, he doesn't hold it up, doesn't use his size or physicallity, his first touch is woeful and he generally looks disinterested. Now all that might improve in the championship, if he deems us good enough to stay with. I would get rid straight off, but think we will have a problem unloading

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 07 May 2013 11:59

teignmouth hoops I must be watching a different player, he doesn't have any of the attributes of a good centre forward, he doesn't hold it up, doesn't use his size or physicallity, his first touch is woeful and he generally looks disinterested. Now all that might improve in the championship, if he deems us good enough to stay with. I would get rid straight off, but think we will have a problem unloading

Yes you must - think he he holds the ball up really well (often had to do so under McD when surrounded by 5 players and dealing with a long hoof forward, mind) and looks far from disinterested.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 May 2013 15:03

"Uninterested."

Dimlows.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 07 May 2013 15:11

teignmouth hoops I must be watching a different player, he doesn't have any of the attributes of a good centre forward, he doesn't hold it up, doesn't use his size or physicallity, his first touch is woeful and he generally looks disinterested. Now all that might improve in the championship, if he deems us good enough to stay with. I would get rid straight off, but think we will have a problem unloading

should have gone to specsavers :shock:

bracksroyal10

Pog to stay?

by bracksroyal10 » 07 May 2013 17:04

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pog to stay?

by Sanguine » 07 May 2013 17:05

I hope so, him and Alf will beast the Championship.

The Royal

Re: Pog to stay?

by The Royal » 07 May 2013 17:08

Surely this belongs in rumours and gossip