Confirmed - Le Fondre to Cardiff

796 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Rumour - Le Fondre To West Brom

by winchester_royal » 28 May 2013 23:44

I can't decide who are more sad..

The people who make up these shitty transfer 'ITK' twitter accounts, or the cretins who take their word as gospel.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 28 May 2013 23:47

Can we swap him for Morrison?!

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 29 May 2013 00:44

Royal91
winchester_royal All comes from this account's tweet:

https://twitter.com/FLRumours

I call bull.

Its laughable some of the rumours which are created. I'm sure Alf was quoted in saying that Brian's tactics were basically shit.

Pretty much. I think it's important we hold onto him though, and not just let him leave like a surprising amount of people have suggested. Just watching during games how he's constantly looking for runs in behind the defense, waiting for a ball that pretty much never gets played to him; it makes me think how good he'd become in a passing style and with a clever attacking mid. The only player who ever played the right ball to him was Akpan twice in one match, and Le Fondre finished them both no problem (against Chelsea, no less).
Le Fondre and Roberts have both shown that they could potentially be two of the best strikers in the Championship.

yappy

by yappy » 29 May 2013 09:16

Ian Royal
moonwalklikebas He smashed it last time round when he didn't score in 24 appearances. I just don't think his performances merit the amount of applause he gets! That's all Im saying.

He was paired with Church in a team that was instantly shut down the second you doubled up on the wingers. If he'd got the nod to partner Roberts instead of Hunt, I think he'd have filled his boots.

I'm confused, Alfie has never gone 24 games without scoring for us?

Daniel_ElmPark1986

by Daniel_ElmPark1986 » 29 May 2013 09:20

Adam Le Fondre aint going any where !! he be a massive part of promotion this season !! he said already Reading improving under Adkins and is enjoying life at Reading he'll hit 35 goals this season all comps

RoyalLidge8

by RoyalLidge8 » 30 May 2013 19:17

RockheadRumple
Royal91
winchester_royal All comes from this account's tweet:

https://twitter.com/FLRumours

I call bull.

Its laughable some of the rumours which are created. I'm sure Alf was quoted in saying that Brian's tactics were basically shit.

Pretty much. I think it's important we hold onto him though, and not just let him leave like a surprising amount of people have suggested. Just watching during games how he's constantly looking for runs in behind the defense, waiting for a ball that pretty much never gets played to him; it makes me think how good he'd become in a passing style and with a clever attacking mid. The only player who ever played the right ball to him was Akpan twice in one match, and Le Fondre finished them both no problem (against Chelsea, no less).
Le Fondre and Roberts have both shown that they could potentially be two of the best strikers in the Championship.

So true. I hope Roberts has an actual season this time, we definitely needed someone of his experience

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Rumour: Le Fondre to.......

by maffff » 26 Jun 2013 22:31

.....Huddersfield on a season long loan? :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.c ... p?a=322935

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/84688/alf

He's also apparently in talks with Leicester RIGHT NOW according to twitterfolks. :roll:

URZZZZZ

Re: Rumour: Le Fondre to.......

by URZZZZZ » 26 Jun 2013 22:34

Bullshit, if he is gonna go, will only be to a bigger club

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 26 Jun 2013 22:37

URZZZZZ Bullshit, if he is gonna go, will only be to a bigger club

Brighton?

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 26 Jun 2013 22:37

Please let this be true

rfc58

by rfc58 » 26 Jun 2013 23:01

Hope he stays, the lad is quality.

Unphased Royal

by Unphased Royal » 26 Jun 2013 23:11

must be something in it, or why the post by Vital ??

:lol:

Clearly hasn't had his innocence taken by desperate journalism yet

jellytot

by jellytot » 26 Jun 2013 23:19

Silly rumours. We would not let him go to the cornflake bowl. Huddersfield would be a step down. He would be off to a club who will be relegation contenders.

Think he will stay. If he does not get many games or scores few then ditch in January. We do need a new striker. Need pog off the wage bill.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 Jun 2013 00:36

did this really need a thread...

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 27 Jun 2013 01:01

Le Fondre will be vital next season surely. Do need a new strike force.

We've lacked a link striker (CF) and someone with pace.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 27 Jun 2013 02:47

Le Fondre was not very effective in the games he started the last 2 seasons. He made vital contributions off the bench which is the role I would expect him to be in next season if not loaned out/sold.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 27 Jun 2013 07:53

Libertine Le Fondre was not very effective in the games he started the last 2 seasons. He made vital contributions off the bench which is the role I would expect him to be in next season if not loaned out/sold.

Alfie will rip the championship appart next season. The reason he was not very effective in the games he started under Mcdermott is down to 1 reason. Mcdermott. His inablilty to pick a settled a front two.

Alfie holds the record for the most goals from the bench in the premiership. He is certainly not going to be available on the cheap. To be fair I doubt if theres a championship team that could afford him.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 27 Jun 2013 08:12

loyalroyal4life did this really need a thread...
did this really need a response...

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 27 Jun 2013 08:18

bigmike
Libertine Le Fondre was not very effective in the games he started the last 2 seasons. He made vital contributions off the bench which is the role I would expect him to be in next season if not loaned out/sold.

Alfie will rip the championship appart next season. The reason he was not very effective in the games he started under Mcdermott is down to 1 reason. Mcdermott. His inablilty to pick a settled a front two.

Alfie holds the record for the most goals from the bench in the premiership. He is certainly not going to be available on the cheap. To be fair I doubt if theres a championship team that could afford him.

It sounds crazy but Alf has been unlucky since being at Reading. Was only until Roberts came in the champ we had a settled front 2 and it just happened to be Hunt that was in when we were winning. So you don't change a winning team.

In the prem we had to play 4-5-1 because we were getting ripped.

It's stating the obvious but his future is all dependent on the formation we play.

I hope he stays because he could easily get 20+.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 27 Jun 2013 08:23

bigmike

I didn't say that he was shit and I don't think he would be cheap in terms of price if we sold him. But neither last year, or our championship season, was he very effective in a starting role. He is a natural goalscorer, who is a clinical finisher, I just don't think he has either the speed or strength enough to lead the line as a starter. He has a massive impact as a sub. While not "fast" like a Kebe, he is quick. When he comes on late in games that quickness, and ability to finish when he has a chance, allows him to create space/opportunities against tired legs which might have lost 1/4 to 1/2 a step from fatigue resulting in a lot of late goals. But his brilliance as a sub has rarely translated into consistent brilliance as a starter. That is all I am saying. Maybe he has developed as a player and could do a job as a starter in the Championship this upcoming season but with the upgrades top our roster, and especially the upgrades yet to come, I can see him being 3rd on the depth chart at the position. After last season I think he is intent on starting, I'm not sure he would want to stay if he is 3rd choice.

796 posts