Jason Roberts has left Reading?

158 posts
Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jason Roberts has left Reading?

by Royal With Cheese » 06 Jun 2013 20:24

Rumpole I think our fans just hate uppity blacks, the racist fools. I, for one, think we should have more outspoken black players in our team. Maybe get Lita back.

Marlon King is one of those Blacks that likes to put it about a bit. Perhaps we can sign him.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Jun 2013 21:25

Rumpole I think our fans just hate uppity blacks, the racist fools. I, for one, think we should have more outspoken black players in our team. Maybe get Lita back.

A lot of our fans are just closet racists - remember how John Salako and Shaun Goater got stick from certain sections of the crowds way beyond what they deserved.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 06 Jun 2013 21:40

JR was an unwanted player in a disfuntional team when we bought him - he was also getting on. He helped in our winning season but then went injured and no-one has seen him since. He is now 30 months older, has had a hip operation/replacement and his scoring figures for the last four years are worse than Churches. Why do people think he will suddenly turn into Superman next season? How many other players are there who will do far better for us given the chance? Keeping Roberts is like admitting we have no chance next season. He is costly and not part of the future.,

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 06 Jun 2013 21:59

FridaysGhost JR was an unwanted player in a disfuntional team when we bought him - he was also getting on. He helped in our winning season but then went injured and no-one has seen him since. He is now 30 months older, has had a hip operation/replacement and his scoring figures for the last four years are worse than Churches. Why do people think he will suddenly turn into Superman next season? How many other players are there who will do far better for us given the chance? Keeping Roberts is like admitting we have no chance next season. He is costly and not part of the future.,

No one has seen Roberts post-op, he might still be the same player. Give the guy a chance, he's our only physical striker who can actually hold it up.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 06 Jun 2013 22:02

I agree to a certain point. And that point is, at least Roberts has a bit of common sense and doesn't lack in the intelligence department, where as Lita has the intellect of a gnat.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Jun 2013 22:27

FridaysGhost JR was an unwanted player in a disfuntional team when we bought him - he was also getting on. He helped in our winning season but then went injured and no-one has seen him since. He is now 30 months older, has had a hip operation/replacement and his scoring figures for the last four years are worse than Churches. Why do people think he will suddenly turn into Superman next season? How many other players are there who will do far better for us given the chance? Keeping Roberts is like admitting we have no chance next season. He is costly and not part of the future.,

30 months on ... how do you work that one out? Back to primary school to do your SATs tomorrow? :D

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Jun 2013 01:14

this thread has gone beyond satire, you massive twats. JR helped us get promoted (actually he was the catalyst) did some radio, got injured and did some stuff about racism. And that's it. Get a fucking grip, you're sounding like Chelsea fans.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 07 Jun 2013 07:02

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 07 Jun 2013 08:33

Good player and a nice guy, in every way. If you don't oxf*rd like his personality, no one gives a shit.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 07 Jun 2013 10:00

leon this thread has gone beyond satire, you massive twats. JR helped us get promoted (actually he was the catalyst) did some radio, got injured and did some stuff about racism. And that's it. Get a fucking grip, you're sounding like Chelsea fans.

Well said.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Jun 2013 10:23

He's the black Steve Claridge.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 07 Jun 2013 10:45

Maguire He's the black Steve Claridge.

He's not that big of a cnut

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 07 Jun 2013 11:20

Rumpole
Royalwaster

A lot of our fans are just closet racists - remember how John Salako and Shaun Goater got stick from certain sections of the crowds way beyond what they deserved.

I agree completely. I remember one poster once providing some statistics about the race of our penalty takers and the team board went into melt down for a couple of days. Just shows that even in cosmopolitan Reading racism can still rear its ugly head very easily, very quickly.

I for one didn't even notice that Roberts was black until it was pointed out to me by a fellow fan.

Need to go to Specsavers.......

You're not a referee are you?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 07 Jun 2013 16:12

St. Brynjar

No one has seen Roberts post-op, he might still be the same player. Give the guy a chance, he's our only physical striker who can actually hold it up.

I wanted to find an appropriate photo for the bit in bold. Safe search fail. :shock:

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 07 Jun 2013 20:09

Given the option of Roberts, Austin, Rhodes or Hooper, who would you guys want?

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 07 Jun 2013 21:28

He is on the retained list

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Jun 2013 09:46

FridaysGhost Given the option of Roberts, Austin, Rhodes or Hooper, who would you guys want?

All 4.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Jun 2013 11:15

FridaysGhost Given the option of Roberts, Austin, Rhodes or Hooper, who would you guys want?

Rhodes>Hooper>Austin>Roberts but happy with all of the first 3.

158 posts