CONFIRMED - Alex Pearce re-signs

559 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Alex Pearce

by maffff » 04 Jun 2013 16:01

http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=321039

Poll: Pearce or Morrison?
Vital Reading is asking Royals fans for their opinion, in this weeks fans poll.

It appears that Alex Pearce will be going through the exit door soon, after contract talks have proven unsuccessful. When Pearce was dropped due to these contract issues, he was replaced by the inexperienced Sean Morrison, who had not had not made an appearance for the Royals before.

However, the former Swindon defender proved that he wasn't necessarily out of his depth in the top division and maybe possibly bettered his defensive counterpart. So, if you had the choice of keeping one or the other, considering Morrison's potential, who would it be?

Current Site Poll (view all polls)
Would you rather have Morrison or Pearce?

Pearce 17%
Morrison 83%

:lol:

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 04 Jun 2013 17:04

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 04 Jun 2013 17:36

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Jun 2013 19:28

Elm Park Pasty
ZacNaloen That just sounds like he has zero offers on the table in the premier league and his agent has messed this up.

It does sound like his agent is trying to drum up interest in him 'Oooo I've got lots of other clubs interested.........' Final thing now would be for them to go back to Reading FC and say 'Can we discuss the £25k a week contract?', to be told 'Oh you mean the £10k a week contract. We've had to cut our cloth you see.......'

Thing is, by rejecting Reading's offer he's kind of put all his eggs in one basket. I can see a scenario where Newcastle are the only club interested and they only offer him £10,000 a week. After all, on the face of it, his cv says he is a decent Championship defender who was dropped from one of the leakiest defences in the league half way through a Premier season.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 07 Jun 2013 15:56

Officially released then - http://www.premierleague.com/content/da ... 012-13.pdf

Since the likes of Taylor are still shown as offered a contract and on the retained list.... http://www.premierleague.com/content/da ... 012-13.pdf

Bye.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 07 Jun 2013 16:36

http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=321340

Pearce officially released by Reading
Au revoir Alex Pearce, may we wish you good luck in your hunt for Premier League football and better money, you need the luck!

The academy product has been officially released by the Royals, after various contract discussions proved unsuccessful. Liverpool and Newcastle are reportedly keen on Pearce, but it appears either club are yet to make an official approach for the centre half.

The reasons behind Pearce's rejections seem to point to money issues, as he feels that he should be earning the some money as other individuals at the club. There is a very minor chance he could still agree a deal with Reading, but will things be the same as they were before? I highly doubt it.

Pearce was tipped as a future captain, but despite all the badge kissing and the passion, is turning his back on the club. The inaugural rise of Sean Morrison has very much softened the blow of Pearce's omission, as the 22-year old is showing great potential.

The best bit of that article is the picture of the look on Alex Pearce's face (which I don't seem to be able to link here.

I assume that's when Newcastle or whoever his final option is goes "welllllllll, we can offer you up to £10k a week".

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 07 Jun 2013 16:59

There

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 07 Jun 2013 17:54

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Jun 2013 18:21

Ta ta then.

Onwards & upwards. Would massively LOL if he ends up on less money than we offered.

Really hoping this becomes Matt Mills the sequel.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 07 Jun 2013 18:41

I'm pretty disappointed in Alex to tell you the truth. I honestly thought he would sign.

He's been a good asset to the team and the club. I wish him luck.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jun 2013 19:45

Adios Alex

You owe us nothing, we owe you nothing.

Next.....

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Jun 2013 19:51

Does anyone know what we actually offered the bloke?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Jun 2013 20:01

Rumoured to be £25k pw

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 07 Jun 2013 20:04

The proverbial turning circle of an oil tanker, slow, poor positionally and wouldn't know how to actually find a player with a pass of less than 20 yards. Showed a certain amount of passion when up for the big games and fairly useful - and a nuisance - at attacking corners but, other than that: Over-rated. Over-valued. Over him.

Mozza - on the other hand.

Royal Rads

by Royal Rads » 08 Jun 2013 02:00

Bye bye then Pearce, genuinely wish him all the luck he can get, would have loved him to stay, great player always dedicated and gave everything on the pitch, genuinely nice bloke, really should fire his current agent before he ends up signing for Leeds....

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 08 Jun 2013 02:11

Wish him well but no player is bigger than the club and I'm not that bothered he's gone. Morrison can certainly fill his position.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 08 Jun 2013 09:54

Wish him all the best in the future, I have no problem with a player wanting to make a move up a league. He has the 100% has the quality to play in the prem if he can find the form from the 11/12 season. I think it says a lot about our fans when we cant say thank you and let a player leave without being bitter and hurling insults at him. Is this situation really that different from Shane long moving to the West Brom or Sig moving to Hoff?

I feel that most people would have done exactly the same in his shoes, he is has a chance to play in the greatest league in the world why would he stay? He has been professional in the way that he has seen out his contract and has not kicked off and tried to force a move through and I think everyone would agree he has always put 110% when playing in a reading shirt. Good luck Alex and thank you for all the great performances!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Jun 2013 09:57

Reading Chronicle says:

ALEX Pearce has been officially released by Reading FC.

The former Royals Academy graduate has allowed his contract to run down and is poised for a free transfer.

Three former Reading managers are among those tracking the 24-year-old defender, who was the club's Chronicle-sponsored Player of the Season in 2012.

Pearce has been heavily linked with Alan Pardew's Newcastle United and Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool, though sources suggest Brian McDermott is keen on taking him to Leeds United.

McDermott already looks likely to sign one of his former Reading players following strong interest in Noel Hunt.

Like Pearce, Hunt rejected several offers of a new contract with Reading.

The Irishman, 30, had been offered a one-year extension but wanted a longer deal.

The pair are among 11 Reading players placed on the Premier League free transfer list which was released today.

The others are Nick Bignall, Simon Church, Ian Harte, Charlie Losasso, Angus MacDonald, Nicky Shorey, Jay Tabb, Joshua Webb and Brett Williams.

Tabb has already made a permanent switch to loan club Ipswich Town where he has signed a two-year deal.

Meanwhile, Royals boss Nigel Adkins made his first signing at the club today with the capture of Wayne Bridge on a free transfer from Manchester City.

The 32-year-old ex-England left-back was heavily linked with QPR but has opted for a move to the Mad Stad where he will sign a one-year contract.

Adkins is also showing interest in Celtic's 25-year-old striker Gary Hooper, though a pricetag of around £8 million could put Royals off.

Hooper played under Adkins at Scunthorpe United and Royals' boss tried to take him to Southampton when he was in charge at St Mary's.

Royals have also been linked with Doncaster Rovers left back Tommy Spurr as well as former Wolves striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Southampton forward Billy Sharp and Danish midfielder Martin Spellmann.

yappy

by yappy » 08 Jun 2013 11:56

Why is everyone making such a fuss with the retained and released list? Do people realise they aren't in any way binding?

Premier League Please note that players signified as a "free transfer" by a club could remain there next season and so this list should not be seen as definitive for players leaving their club.

Nothing has changed in the Pearce situation since Adkins spoke out about it. Likelihood is he is gone, but we haven't given up.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 08 Jun 2013 18:28

It's gone on too long in my mind.

A shame but let him go and ask him to take his mate Robson Kanu as well who is shaping up nicely to "do a Pearcy" next year.

Wonder if they have the same agent??

559 posts