CONFIRMED - Royston Drenthe

2007 posts
Rollerbob

Re: RUMOUR - Royston Drenthe

by Rollerbob » 18 Jun 2013 15:56

Royal91
2 world wars, 1 world cup Tbh I'm not too fussed about this.

Did ok for feyenoord (ie a team in a league in a country as big as Wales), failed at Real and currently signed for a relegated nobody team in a nobody footballing country, Russia. If he was so good why was he playing in Russia?

Chill

This. Whatever happens it won't define our season and he's not the only player we are looking at.

Not this. He'd be a great asset I think. Clearly got bags of talent - would no doubt instantly become one of our best players.
A team in a league in a country as big as Wales? Silly, the Eredivisie has a lot of good teams, Ajax, Twente, PSV to name just three. Size of country doesn't mean how good or bad a league is. Is the Canadian premier league better than the Premier league?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Jun 2013 15:59

:lol:

Only in our spastic support would someone say "he didn't make the grade at Real Madrid, he's not good enough for Reading."

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 18 Jun 2013 15:59

Yes, because Canada is oxf*rd massive.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Jun 2013 16:04

Elm Park Pasty
genome My source at the Madejski tells me he will be announced in the next 120 minutes.

So your source has just sold him a pay and display ticket that expires at 17:30? Did anyone not say Royston lives life on the edge?

True. This could be a 17:29 job. I don't think Royston, however daring, would be the kind of man who would renege on such a commitment.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 18 Jun 2013 16:07

genome
Elm Park Pasty
genome My source at the Madejski tells me he will be announced in the next 120 minutes.

So your source has just sold him a pay and display ticket that expires at 17:30? Did anyone not say Royston lives life on the edge?

True. This could be a 17:29 job. I don't think Royston, however daring, would be the kind of man who would renege on such a commitment.

Can your source also vouch for whether he had in the vicinity of his person a) Narcotics b) Alcohol c) Cigars d) Scantily clad young ladies e) any combination of the previous four?

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 18 Jun 2013 16:11

My sources tell me that this was never more than a rumour, he's pimping up Russia just fine and has had offers from big contenders in the Russian Premier League.

kentuckyfriedcharlie

by kentuckyfriedcharlie » 18 Jun 2013 16:13

have we failed to sign him just got in from school and can't distinguish whats happened because i thought he was having a medical this morning and it was all done :?:

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 18 Jun 2013 16:14

kentuckyfriedcharlie have we failed to sign him just got in from school and can't distinguish whats happened because i thought he was having a medical this morning and it was all done :?:

His right peg leg contained 1m worth of heroin, which unfortunately means he won't be signing.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 18 Jun 2013 16:16

My source (high up in the club) who I was with last night confirmed that he has been to the club and he has seen him. Nothing more although his smugness suggested it will happen very soon.

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 18 Jun 2013 16:16

Anyone else starting to suspect that everyone in the Netherlands have decided to collectively take the piss out of us? They put out loads of reports that he's signed when it's total bollocks, we all sit staring at the internet for days on end. Damn those sneaky Dutch!

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 18 Jun 2013 16:17

Lovely hot donuts! Anyone else starting to suspect that everyone in the Netherlands have decided to collectively take the piss out of us? They put out loads of reports that he's signed when it's total bollocks, we all sit staring at the internet for days on end. Damn those sneaky Dutch!

another reason why i dislike the dutch. hopefully it will be sorted out soon, it was after all in getreading too so it cant all be bollocks.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 18 Jun 2013 16:19

USA_Loyal_Royal
Lovely hot donuts! Anyone else starting to suspect that everyone in the Netherlands have decided to collectively take the piss out of us? They put out loads of reports that he's signed when it's total bollocks, we all sit staring at the internet for days on end. Damn those sneaky Dutch!

another reason why i dislike the dutch. hopefully it will be sorted out soon, it was after all in getreading too so it cant all be bollocks.

Isn't this how racist groups are founded?

Divvy

by Divvy » 18 Jun 2013 16:27

He's already stalking Reading fans - @BeckyCollins7 :lol:

Last edited by Divvy on 18 Jun 2013 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Jun 2013 16:28

lol, she's not bad tbf

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 18 Jun 2013 16:28

2 world wars, 1 world cup Did ok for feyenoord (ie a team in a league in a country as big as Wales), failed at Real and currently signed for a relegated nobody team in a nobody footballing country, Russia. If he was so good why was he playing in Russia?

Because he's a bit mental and somewhat of a handful for any manager trying to maintain a harmonious dressing room maybe?

under the tin

by under the tin » 18 Jun 2013 16:29

akranes
USA_Loyal_Royal

Isn't this how racist groups are founded?

Would't know about that, mate. I heard Jim Davidson just put an ad in Melody Maker when he needed a bassist.

I'll get my coat.....

Unphased Royal

by Unphased Royal » 18 Jun 2013 16:29

USA_Loyal_Royal

getreading also had a report about parky being our new boss 8)

This situation reeks of the pog last year

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Jun 2013 16:30

He doesn't need international clearance though so that shouldn't be a delay.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 18 Jun 2013 16:31

Don't worry when the triple signing of Hooper, Gylfi Sigurdsson and the re-signing of Alex Pearce is on the OS at 5pm Hobnob will be in such a meltdown that no one will care about Drenthe.

Hup Holland Hup

by Hup Holland Hup » 18 Jun 2013 16:32

USA_Loyal_Royal

Pray tell what are the other reasons for disliking a whole nation

2007 posts