Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by Extended-Phenotype » 20 Jun 2013 10:16

Why do people who like Adkins feel the need to piss on McDermott?

Why do people who like McDermott feel the need to piss on Adkins?

Think dammit, think.

Oh right. They are retarded.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Jun 2013 10:20

Avon Royal
bobby m's syrup Am I missing something, or why couldn't the evident desire to succeed not have been manifested last close season, especially when there was so much more to play for?

I don't know, but anyone who dared to point out the need to strengthen the squad at that time was quickly told to "piss off and support Chelsea".........

lol.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Jun 2013 10:46

Extended-Phenotype Why do people who like Adkins feel the need to piss on McDermott?

Think dammit, think.

I liked McDermott, thought we were wrong to fire him, but think that Adkins will probably do a good job. I think people are just pointing out that there's no evidence so far to say that Adkins is any better than McDermott.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 20 Jun 2013 10:50

Elm Park Kid
Extended-Phenotype Why do people who like Adkins feel the need to piss on McDermott?

Think dammit, think.

I think people are just pointing out that there's no evidence so far to say that Adkins is any better than McDermott.

Yeah quick, point that out before anybody gets too optimistic, the cunts.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 20 Jun 2013 11:00

There is little evidence to suggest one is better than the other. But Adkins has got 4 promotions in 5 seasons to his name. AZ like most on would say that Adkins is more aligned to the long term, because of his footballing philosophies. Nobody can argue Adkins plays more attractive entertaining football.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Jun 2013 11:18

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Jun 2013 12:04

:| :roll:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 20 Jun 2013 14:23

READING A ‘SPECIAL GAME’ FOR THE BOSS
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2013062 ... 85_3215171

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 20 Jun 2013 15:46

Leeds United: Good start is essential if Whites want to keep fans onside - Lorimer

The Championship fixtures are now out and a good start, for many reasons, is absolutely essential for Leeds United this coming season.

So many fans, after seeing us have such a disappointing season last year, will be waiting to see how we start.

As a club, we have got to get a message out to say things are going to be good for them. That’s the pressure that is on everybody. To spread the message to fans that we are going to have a good season, so they can get behind the team.

That will be a very important thing, especially when you have a relatively new manager and owners coming in, like we have.

We need to build confidence in the camp. But more than that, this year we’ve a big structural job in getting the fans together at Leeds.

We lost the plot a little bit last season when there were so many disgruntled fans. Listen, I am not saying they were wrong. But what we must do now is get them pulling all in the same direction as the team. The way to do that is by winning matches and within that, a good start is imperative.
I remember when we lost on the first day at Southampton on TV a few years ago and it put a negativity right through the whole football club as we got so well beaten on the day. Little did we know that Southampton were going to have a great season and get promotion.

All of us at the ground now are well aware we’ve got bridges to build and things to sort out this season. We need to ensure the fans are all pulling in the same direction.

Unfortunately, last year, a bit of a bad atmosphere crept in at the stadium and we’ve got to get it right this season.

I am really looking forward to the season as I can honestly say the last one was one of the most unenjoyable seasons we’ve ever had at the club with all the things going on.

We now have a new start under Brian and I have been very impressed by him. I think he knows exactly what we need to do and will build and restructure the club, which needs doing.

Last year was a gamble. This year is about restructuring, but at the same time, moving forward as well and hopefully getting promoted.

It’s Brighton at home, first up and the important thing is that, no matter who you play, you want to be winning your first game of the season and especially your first one at home as it’s important for the home fans to see you get off to a good start and for you to build a bit of momentum.

The players will have that in their minds and we have a good chance to with a couple of home games at the start of the season in Brighton and Chesterfield.

There’s nothing more important to a group of players than a good start. At the start of the season, things always look good, but until you get out there in the first match and produce the goods, you can’t really gauge where you are. You may think you have prepared well, but you aren’t 100 per cent sure until you go out there and do it.

It’s good we’ve a couple of home games as the players will get confidence if they win them both.

Brighton were a strong team last year, so it will give us a good test straightaway. When you look at this league, we probably found that we played better against the good sides and we disappointed against the so-called weaker teams, such as Peterborough at home and Barnsley. The games in which people said: ‘Oh well, we’ll win that.’ And we didn’t.

In this league, there isn’t much between top and bottom. As we saw in going from a serious chance to the play-offs to a serious chance of relegation within a few matches. It was so close.

I think that is how it will be again next season.

We will have a big crowd against Brighton who will be enthusiastic and for the players, it’s about going out there and doing a job.

I do think the league at the end of coming season will be like it was at the end of the last one where lots of teams will be in the mix to get in the play-offs and to get relegated.

It’s the most difficult league in football as there’s so many teams hoping to get out of it. So many teams will be looking to improve this year, let’s hope we are one of the teams who will.

If you get off to a good start in this league, it’s been shown you can stay up there. It’s when you get a few points behind and lose one or two and are playing catch-up when it makes it so hard to get back up.

If you are up there, you can afford the odd draw, which isn’t the worst result. Whereas when you are chasing, you have got to win, win, win all the time, which is a difficult thing to do.

Let’s hope we can get points on the board early and build from there.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-5785195

Cue annual slow start to the season and a sacked McDermott.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Jun 2013 15:48

:roll: :|

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 27 Jun 2013 13:06

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... fer-policy

McDermott not being offered what was promised.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 27 Jun 2013 13:21

Royal91 http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/8794900/Leeds-manager-Brian-McDermott-lifts-lid-on-transfer-policy

Fair play. He 'wheeled and dealed' his way to a play-off final and a Championship at Reading, Adkins of course spent substantially more at Southampton :!:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Jun 2013 14:10

floyd__streete
Royal91 http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/8794900/Leeds-manager-Brian-McDermott-lifts-lid-on-transfer-policy

Fair play. He 'wheeled and dealed' his way to a play-off final and a Championship at Reading, Adkins of course spent substantially more at Southampton :!:

Scunthorpe are a financial powerhouse too...

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Jun 2013 14:11

maffff READING A ‘SPECIAL GAME’ FOR THE BOSS
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2013062 ... 85_3215171

Oh it will be special, can't wait for us to spank them.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 27 Jun 2013 14:18

I hope we get thumped and Brian slides on his knees in front the East Stand and flicks the Vs at all the haters sat there.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 27 Jun 2013 14:44

floyd__streete

That's about as angry as McDermott gets, poor Leeds

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Jun 2013 14:51

Maguire I hope we get thumped and Brian slides on his knees in front the East Stand and flicks the Vs at all the haters sat there.

As you clearly support McDermott, rather than Reading FC, why don't you just start supporting his current club. be quick though, I'm not sure how long he will last there.

Interesting that he is lifting the lid on not getting what he wants at Leeds but didn't say anything similar whilst at Reading. Could this support the view that Anton did provide him with what he wanted?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 27 Jun 2013 14:54

RoyalBlue
Maguire I hope we get thumped and Brian slides on his knees in front the East Stand and flicks the Vs at all the haters sat there.

As you clearly support McDermott, rather than Reading FC, why don't you just start supporting his current club. be quick though, I'm not sure how long he will last there.

I support rationality and decency. Your blithering hatred is an embarrassment.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 27 Jun 2013 14:55

RoyalBlue

?

lolz

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 27 Jun 2013 14:57

cheers

3714 posts