CONFIRMED - Danny Williams

370 posts
TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

Re: CONFIRMED - Danny Williams

by TommyF » 25 Jun 2013 19:03

[misquote_thru_royaltintedglassed="Danny Williams]"I am very excited to be here, I am really looking forward to the season and to try to get the club back to the Premier League. I spoke to the manager yesterday when I did my medicine check and he is a really great, nice guy. I'm looking forward to working with him, everything is perfect here. I spoke to Gylfi also because he is a good friend from Hoffenheim and a hero here and we're looking forward to playing together again! I would like to say to the Reading fans I will give 100% every game, I am proud to wear this jersey and will do everything to help this team back to the Premier League."[/misquote_thru_royaltintedglasses]

Well, a boy can dream can't he

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

Re: Player flew in yesterday from Germany

by Bandini » 25 Jun 2013 19:05

Pepe the Horseman He went to Oktoberfest with some friends.

/textbook

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 25 Jun 2013 19:08

Bandini
Pepe the Horseman He went to Oktoberfest with some friends.

/textbook

While the nearest is clearly fittest, there's a hint of attainability about the middle one that gives me a ferocious horn.

Divvy

by Divvy » 25 Jun 2013 19:08

No Fixed Abode
Divvy
Lacoste As long as that cringworthy USA chant doesn't come out every time he does something remotely good ill be happy.
He's German

:|

Yes you pillock, he's German born.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 25 Jun 2013 19:09

I would just like to point out, I had never heard of this guy before today and have no idea how good he is. Naturally I expect him to be the next Makelele

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Jun 2013 19:12

creative_username_1
Royalclapper The pessimist in me is increasingly worried about us moving into spectacular fail territory next season.

Fair dinkum though, these signings are exciting in their ambitiousness. Welcome aboard Danny.

lolz....i'm also thinking Leicester type hubris

Yeah, but we spent £2m on Wayne Bridge, Royston Drenthe and Danny Williams, they spent £5m on Matt Mills.

It's all about striking the right deal, which we now seem to be pretty good at.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 25 Jun 2013 19:13

royalhaven

by royalhaven » 25 Jun 2013 19:18

As mentioned previously, German born to American serviceman Dad and German Mother. Carries both German and American passport which makes it a much easier move than for a single passport American. Part of the new Klinsmann era really. Won't factor for this WC cycle and the USMNT has a few good DM in the squad.

Still, really excited about this signing. The "U.S.A." chants would not be appropriate, however.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 25 Jun 2013 19:22

It can't be often that a relegated Premiership club starts the next season in the Championship with a stronger squad can it?!

Roll on August 3!!

yappy

by yappy » 25 Jun 2013 19:28

From Despair To Where?
creative_username_1
Royalclapper The pessimist in me is increasingly worried about us moving into spectacular fail territory next season.

Fair dinkum though, these signings are exciting in their ambitiousness. Welcome aboard Danny.

lolz....i'm also thinking Leicester type hubris

Yeah, but we spent £2m on Wayne Bridge, Royston Drenthe and Danny Williams, they spent £5m on Matt Mills.

It's all about striking the right deal, which we now seem to be pretty good at.

We've got the benefit of 4 years parachute payments too, which Leicester don't.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Jun 2013 19:31

10/1 on sky bet to win the league ... :-/

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 25 Jun 2013 19:32

His accent is hilarious. The fact he is half German means he will be awesome.

Sounds like he's a bit of an athlete, L,wood 2.0.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 25 Jun 2013 19:37

Royal91 His accent is hilarious. The fact he is half German means he will be awesome.

Sounds like he's a bit of an athlete, L,wood 2.0.

Fact he's half German might mean he hits a good penalty as well.

ReadingKC

by ReadingKC » 25 Jun 2013 19:37

Libertine There are 2 German born American internationals at Hoffenheim (their respective fathers were both US servicemen stationed there). The aforementioned Danny Williams and Fabian Johnson a left back who is actually featuring more for the US Men's National Team than Williams. If it is one of their American "internationals" it would make more sense it would be Williams seeing we just signed Bridge to play left back. But then again Johnson is like Kelly in the sense that he can, and has played, both left and right back. The thing that might make Johnson an attractive target for us is that versatility to go along with his paciness to slot in at right back. He has been very solid for our national team. Williams is actually not part of the squad for the World Cup qualifiers with Klinsmann's defensive midfielder of choice being Schalke's Jermaine Jones.

Williams hasn't been with the USMNT team because he was released from camp because he had not regained full fitness after suffering an ankle injury towards the end of the season with Hoffenheim. He's been very good in the appearances I've seen with National team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/us-national-team-releases-danny-010840083--mls.html

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Jun 2013 19:44

Comes across a decent lad on the interviews. Sometimes you can pick up on an ego, but he sounds very level-headed and hard working. A top signing I hope, and four years is good too.

Pearcehegone

by Pearcehegone » 25 Jun 2013 19:46

Highlights from the USA Jamaica Game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5CBZjcGpis
Williams looks a very good prospect. watch 1 Min 32. Nice technique.
Living in the USA and having just spoken to a few "soccer" fans over here, they agree we have a talented lad on our books.
Well done AZ.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 Jun 2013 19:48

Danny Williams On penalties "You just have to get your nerves together and put it in" #That's what she said

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 Jun 2013 19:49

Pearcehegone Highlights from the USA Jamaica Game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5CBZjcGpis
Williams looks a very good prospect. watch 1 Min 32. Nice technique.
Living in the USA and having just spoken to a few "soccer" fans over here, they agree we have a talented lad on our books.
Well done AZ.

Good passing technique at 50 seconds too

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Jun 2013 19:58

SPARTA Comes across a decent lad on the interviews. Sometimes you can pick up on an ego, but he sounds very level-headed and hard working. A top signing I hope, and four years is good too.

I thought that too - came across as hardworking & humble. Nice to see someone say they're proud to wear the jersey & want to give their all for the fans. Yes it might be a soundbyte but reckon we've got a good'un here.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 25 Jun 2013 19:59

He called Football Soccer :evil:

370 posts