Nigel Howe expects two first teamers to go

One8Seven1

Nigel Howe expects two first teamers to go

by One8Seven1 » 06 Jul 2013 13:07

Quoted in the Chronicle saying there will be players who want to play at a higher level and we have to accept that, and he expects one or two to leave in the next few weeks. So, who do we think they'll be?

Pogrebnyak is a cert. I fancy Carrico to be the other one.
Last edited by One8Seven1 on 06 Jul 2013 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

BonBoh

Re: Nicky Hammond expects two first teamers to go

by BonBoh » 06 Jul 2013 13:22

Karacan to Galatasaray, perhaps? Has been mentioned in a separate thread.
Hal Robson-Kanu has said he wants to play at a higher level, so he could be one.
It could also be Adam Federici.

Are we any wiser?
No..
:arrow:

Royalrobbo

by Royalrobbo » 06 Jul 2013 13:25

I think you've hit the nail on the head with those two, although what about Alex McCarthy? Is there still any interest in him? I know Liverpool were supposed to be in for him but they've got Mignolet now..

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 06 Jul 2013 13:29

One8Seven1 Quoted in the Chronicle saying there will be players who want to play at a higher level and we have to accept that, and he expects one or two to leave in the next few weeks. So, who do we think they'll be?

Link? I can't see this anywhere...

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 06 Jul 2013 13:33

Its shit how players jump ship when teams are relegated,especially new players like Pog and Carrico.Granted Carrico didnt get much of a look in but Pog played lots of games.He played his part in our relegation so he should stay for one more season to help us.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 06 Jul 2013 13:34

BonBoh It could also be Adam Federici.

Playing at a higher level? Shouldn't it be playing at a lower level?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 06 Jul 2013 13:36

super darren caskey Its shit how players jump ship when teams are relegated,especially new players like Pog and Carrico.Granted Carrico didnt get much of a look in but Pog played lots of games.He played his part in our relegation so he should stay for one more season to help us.

:|

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 06 Jul 2013 13:37

LoyalRoyalFan
super darren caskey Its shit how players jump ship when teams are relegated,especially new players like Pog and Carrico.Granted Carrico didnt get much of a look in but Pog played lots of games.He played his part in our relegation so he should stay for one more season to help us.

What? you dont think players should be a bit loyal? rather than oxf*rd off when things are bad?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 06 Jul 2013 13:38

I've had a look through chronicle online and can't see any evidence of this. Pretty sure it's a no-story.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 06 Jul 2013 13:43

super darren caskey
LoyalRoyalFan

What? you dont think players should be a bit loyal? rather than oxf*rd off when things are bad?

They can do what they want.

Pog was one of our best players last season, he could get another move easily and rightly so.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 06 Jul 2013 13:54

Royal Ginger
One8Seven1 Quoted in the Chronicle saying there will be players who want to play at a higher level and we have to accept that, and he expects one or two to leave in the next few weeks. So, who do we think they'll be?

Link? I can't see this anywhere...

Royal Ginger I've had a look through chronicle online and can't see any evidence of this. Pretty sure it's a no-story.

You didn't look very hard.

http://t.co/j61Q6muL9e

Correction: Howe, not Hammond.

And Howe confirmed that some members of the first-team squad could be seeking moves in the weeks ahead.

"Anton doesn't want to discard our best players unless there's a deal which offers excellent value or a player wants to leave," he added.

"There are one or two players who probably see themselves playing at higher level, and why shouldn't they?

"You've got to recognise that from time to time it's in everyone's interests to let a certain player go.

"We've done it over the years and fans are not always happy about it when we do. But the fact is you can't keep players who do not want to be here."

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Nigel Howe expects two first teamers to go

by Royal Ginger » 06 Jul 2013 14:12

I found that. You're making a story out of that!? Some players may want to play at a higher level is hardly "expecting" "two" first teamers to go. I maintain that this is still a non-story.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 06 Jul 2013 14:19

Royal Ginger I found that. You're making a story out of that!? Some players may want to play at a higher level is hardly "expecting" "two" first teamers to go. I maintain that this is still a non-story.

He isn't going to come out and say publically that there IS one or two who want to go, is he? You always try to promote a settled happy camp.. Howe alludes to one or two who may want to leave. Why even say that if that wasn't the case? You can call it a non-story if you like, but he's basically preparing the fans for when one or two do go and we understand why.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 06 Jul 2013 14:22

How can this be a non story when we already know Robson-Kanu and Pogrebnyak want to play at a higher level, and we have heard Carrico say he is in discussions with the club about his future? If anything one or two is playing it down!

I wouldn't be surprised to see McCarthy, Carrico, HRK and Pog go.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 06 Jul 2013 15:10

One8Seven1
Royal Ginger I found that. You're making a story out of that!? Some players may want to play at a higher level is hardly "expecting" "two" first teamers to go. I maintain that this is still a non-story.

He isn't going to come out and say publically that there IS one or two who want to go, is he? You always try to promote a settled happy camp.. Howe alludes to one or two who may want to leave. Why even say that if that wasn't the case? You can call it a non-story if you like, but he's basically preparing the fans for when one or two do go and we understand why.

I get your points, but the way this reads is a general "players might leave to go to another club" which has always been the case rather than a pointed "we're about to see two specific players leave". Of course players might go if and when a prem club comes in for them, and i'm sure they will, but i just don't see that Howe is alluding to anything specific here. Ths is the same article that you suggested was "unreliable Bullsh*t".

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119536

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 06 Jul 2013 15:30

I think it is probably Pogrebnyak, HRK or McCarthy. Tbh I would be gutted if we lost HRK and/or McCarthy, but I'm not actually bothered about Pog and would be more than happy to see him go and see us bring someone else in.

Don't know why anyone is saying Carrico either, what's he done since he joined us that would show he deserves a place at a club in a higher league? Nothing is answer, as he has been injured virtually the whole time. Why would anyone want him if he is just an injury waiting to happen? Don't get me wrong, from what I've seen of him I think he is a good player, just don't see why anyone would see him as a risk worth taking at this stage.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Jul 2013 16:04

SPARTA How can this be a non story when we already know Robson-Kanu and Pogrebnyak want to play at a higher level, and we have heard Carrico say he is in discussions with the club about his future? If anything one or two is playing it down!

I wouldn't be surprised to see McCarthy, Carrico, HRK and Pog go.

We also 'know' that Hal is in discussions over a new contract.

As has already been pointed out, this is a complete non-story, and it's pretty clear that atm there's nothing really in the pipeline with regards to losing 'two first teamers'.

3rd August can't some soon enough...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jul 2013 16:30

If it's Federici and Carrico we're laughing.

It could be any of Federici, McCarthy, Carrico, Robson-Kanu, Le Fondre, Pogrebnyak, Kebe, McCleary, Karacan, Guthrie, Gunter or Kelly.

As long as it's not Federici and McCarthy, or Pogrebnyak and Le Fondre, we should probably be able to cope.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Jul 2013 18:09

please not kebe

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 06 Jul 2013 18:20

melonhead please not kebe

this