Jake Taylor

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jake Taylor

by maffff » 16 Jul 2013 17:20

LightwaterRoyal Probably get some game time tonight. Bet he's class.

He's up there with the likes of Scott Davies

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 16 Jul 2013 21:29

Come on, looks to be playing in the Siggy role. Headed wide after Jobi made the right back look silly.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 16 Jul 2013 21:30

Surprised he' in the squad and D'Ath's not. Lawson's been the golden nearly boy for a couple of seasons now, and has been dumped in the reserves.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jul 2013 21:57

LightwaterRoyal Come on, looks to be playing in the Siggy role. Headed wide after Jobi made the right back look silly.

Moved out wide with Drenthe playing centrally after 10 to 15 minutes. Thought he looked ok.

kentuckyfriedcharlie

by kentuckyfriedcharlie » 16 Jul 2013 22:02

he went to my secondry school and I swear that he plays england U21 or U18

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 17 Jul 2013 00:43

kentuckyfriedcharlie he went to my secondry school and I swear that he plays england U21 or U18

I'd be surprised on both counts given that

A) He's not under 21 anymore.
B) He's Welsh.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 17 Jul 2013 07:54

He was getting mixed reviews during his loan spells over the past couple of seasons, I don't think those at Cheltenham nor Crawley were raving about him last year anyway.

I think the Scott Davies comp is a good one, as like Davies he can play in multiple positions and on his day look class. Sadly it doesn't seem like the consistency is there quite yet and with Taylor turning 22 in December, it's asking a lot for him to suddenly make an impact at Championship level as a starter.

Having him on the bench as a utility player wouldn't be a bad move though and there's nothing to say he can't take a big step forward especially with the club moving in a different direction style wise.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 17 Jul 2013 09:01

Someone should brief that idiot Dellor.

He kept saying it was our first game of the pre-season (it was the 2nd)
He said Jake Taylor was a full back and no way would he play up front with ALF (which is what he did and where he has been playing for most of his career as a CAM)
They started the show with a pre-recorded Carrico interview saying how much he is looking forward to the season (he has gone out on loan)

ARRRGGGHHH

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Jul 2013 09:46

To be fair Taylor has played right back before.

Scott Davies was a CAM, who can play as a defender so similar there too.

Played well in pre-season against Chelsea, had seasons where fans were calling for him to play 'in the hole' and has since been released by Crawley and gone on to play for Oxf*rd........

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 17 Jul 2013 10:11

Readingfanman
kentuckyfriedcharlie he went to my secondry school and I swear that he plays england U21 or U18

I'd be surprised on both counts given that

A) He's not under 21 anymore.
B) He's Welsh.

Jake Taylor is about as Welsh as HRK, that is to say both only qualify through a grandparent being born there. However whereas His Royal Kanuness represented England at junior levels before switching allegiance to Wales, Taylor has always represented Wales at U17, U18 and now U21 levels.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Jul 2013 10:17

Wasn't 'teh canoe' also eligible for Nigeria IIRC?

Whitleyroyal

by Whitleyroyal » 17 Jul 2013 10:33

Genuinely had high hopes for Scott Davies, Remember watching him in the pre-season friendly v Chelsea and thought he would really push on that season..

Shame really as the CAM is the one position we have been really short of.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 17 Jul 2013 11:06

Only seen Taylor play once in the pre-season at Brizzle Rovers a couple of years ago,

I thought he looked probably the best player on the pitch that night - in the Siggy hole position - but he was needed to bulk up. He was just too small.

Obita played that night, too, and had lots of pace and energy but he was even smaller .... and was trying to do too much with the ball.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 17 Jul 2013 13:25

ZacNaloen Karacan, Pearcem Hal all shone on their loans.

Taylor, Obita, D'ath etc for some reason haven't. Not going to question the decisions makers at the club, but do often wonder the value of 1 month or three month loans. They have essentially been brought in as cover in those instances and will only truly exceptional players would force their way in above experienced pro's.

Taylor needs to nail down a position, I've seen him play attacking midfield and link play up well but nothing stand out. I've also seen him look a bit shit as a striker and on the wing.

Presumably based on that he's spent most of his development time in midfield?

Taylor is an attacking midfielder, best position is in the "hole" behind strikers.

HRK best position is as a striker

Obita is a left winger, D'Ath still not sure about.

Would like to see all our youngsters shining on their loans esp. when they go down to League 1/2 and below but they all rarely seem to do so...

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jul 2013 13:33

Barry the bird boggler
ZacNaloen Karacan, Pearcem Hal all shone on their loans.

Taylor, Obita, D'ath etc for some reason haven't. Not going to question the decisions makers at the club, but do often wonder the value of 1 month or three month loans. They have essentially been brought in as cover in those instances and will only truly exceptional players would force their way in above experienced pro's.

Taylor needs to nail down a position, I've seen him play attacking midfield and link play up well but nothing stand out. I've also seen him look a bit shit as a striker and on the wing.

Presumably based on that he's spent most of his development time in midfield?

Taylor is an attacking midfielder, best position is in the "hole" behind strikers.

HRK best position is as a striker

Obita is a left winger, D'Ath still not sure about.

Would like to see all our youngsters shining on their loans esp. when they go down to League 1/2 and below but they all rarely seem to do so...

HRK's best position is a striker? Cool. How many times have you seen him play as a striker?

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 17 Jul 2013 14:09

Having heard about and then watched Jordan Obita's deliveries and his ability to take on his marker, he would be useful off the bench as well. Considering McAnuff already has Drenthe as competition on the left, he may too have Obita pushing him for a place as well.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Jul 2013 14:50

Judge Drenthe Having heard about and then watched Jordan Obita's deliveries and his ability to take on his marker, he would be useful off the bench as well. Considering McAnuff already has Drenthe as competition on the left, he may too have Obita pushing him for a place as well.

Except Drenthe has been playing on the right and when asked on Instagram about his postion he said he's in as a right and left winger [no mention of full back, although he can cover..].

It's interesting how Adkins seems to like to invert his wingers - HRK on the right (where he looked much more comfortable cutting in), McCleary on the left, McAnuff on the left, centre or midfield. etc

Obita on the left at the moment but will he get flipped in time too?

yappy

by yappy » 17 Jul 2013 15:11

shaka's shorts Someone should brief that idiot Dellor.

He kept saying it was our first game of the pre-season (it was the 2nd)
He said Jake Taylor was a full back and no way would he play up front with ALF (which is what he did and where he has been playing for most of his career as a CAM)
They started the show with a pre-recorded Carrico interview saying how much he is looking forward to the season (he has gone out on loan)

ARRRGGGHHH

Was it just me or was he pronouncing Le Fondre a bit weird too?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Jul 2013 15:21

Pretty sure Tim was always pronouncing it like Le Fondray but then I haven't listened to his commentary for quite a while.

NattMiles

by NattMiles » 17 Jul 2013 15:25

Pretty he asked ALF how to pronounce his surname on air once so he must be saying it right...