CONFIRMED - Billy Sharp

1064 posts
DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Billy Sharp

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 17 Jul 2013 11:03

howser Am I missing something here ? the similaraties to last season, an early dip into the transfer market with three coming in, although on paper, Bridge, Drenthe and Williams would appear to be up a level or three on last years early birds, but now we seem to have stalled, many suggestions that the "Reading way" was on its way out and we had a substantial transfer budget, in terms of Championship spending, but now we have started pre-season matches and with the strong rumours that Pog will go, Hunt and Church gone, are we heading down the same road as last year ? with a limited squad for the start of the season and only ALF and Blackman as our only striking options, and out of those two, Blackman not only hasn't scored but dosen't look likely to...................yet ? your much wider knowledge and views gentlemen.

I think Adkins sees HRK as a striker next season...

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 17 Jul 2013 11:23

maffff Never seen a battery cow?

My son has one. You pull a trigger, it moos, opens it's mouth and there's a torch inside. Won't score us many goals though.

It does feel like a lull now, especially as we definitely are light in terms of attacking options. I just hope we're not holding out for a 'Hooper' figure because, whilst he is great, he is probably an unnecessary luxury at this level. The thing is, Hooper is all speculation anyway - there's nothing to confirm we've bid for him, or that Adkins is genuinely interested.

I can only hope that we're waiting for the Pog to be gone (though I'm happy for him to stay TBH) before we can seriously move for anyone else (ie, hoping that is the only reason for athe wait). One 'big name' striker at a club like Reading is luxurious, two is just downright opulent, greedy even.

Billy Sharp however, is the exact type of striker for a grueling campaign in the Championship.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Jul 2013 11:58

howser Am I missing something here ? the similaraties to last season, an early dip into the transfer market with three coming in, although on paper, Bridge, Drenthe and Williams would appear to be up a level or three on last years early birds, but now we seem to have stalled, many suggestions that the "Reading way" was on its way out and we had a substantial transfer budget, in terms of Championship spending, but now we have started pre-season matches and with the strong rumours that Pog will go, Hunt and Church gone, are we heading down the same road as last year ? with a limited squad for the start of the season and only ALF and Blackman as our only striking options, and out of those two, Blackman not only hasn't scored but dosen't look likely to...................yet ? your much wider knowledge and views gentlemen.

The club have stated that they want a new striker. Unfortunately, good strikers normally have more that one option.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jul 2013 12:41

Judge Drenthe He'll be a Reading player by the end of the week.

Any upd8 on this?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 17 Jul 2013 12:57

jellytot You know Hammond if we have to spend more than a penny on a player he gets stressed.

Would it make you feel better if he just settled on the asking price rather than haggle?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Jul 2013 14:01

It'd make me feel better if we signed a striker.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jul 2013 17:50

Extended-Phenotype It'd make me feel better if we signed a striker.

Then I'm sure you'll feel better at least once before 1 September

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 18 Jul 2013 11:23

Neil Lennon wants at least one new player in before the next CL game but said nothing looked certain yet. They're supposed to be interested in Sharp. Seems he has his choice of clubs.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 18 Jul 2013 11:27

Ian Royal

Then I'm sure you'll feel better at least once before 1 September

Hope so. Looking forward to this investment we were promised.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jul 2013 12:47

Any striker??

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 18 Jul 2013 12:59

DOYLERSAROYALER

I agree, I think HRK has been earmarked for a strikers role this season. Meaning we probably have enough strikers at the club now and nobody will be coming in unless somebody goes.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 18 Jul 2013 13:08

wally bassoon
DOYLERSAROYALER

I agree, I think HRK has been earmarked for a strikers role this season. Meaning we probably have enough strikers at the club now and nobody will be coming in unless somebody goes.

Forgetting of course that Pog is going once we haggle the fee we're happy with. AZ has said as much. So we do still need a striker.

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 18 Jul 2013 13:10

I think Adkins sees HRK as a striker next season...[/quote]

I agree, I think HRK has been earmarked for a strikers role this season. Meaning we probably have enough strikers at the club now and nobody will be coming in unless somebody goes.[/quote]

Forgetting of course that Pog is going once we haggle the fee we're happy with. AZ has said as much. So we do still need a striker.[/quote]

Not forgotten, in fact mentioned.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 18 Jul 2013 13:16

Mmmm, sexy nude quotes with all their brackets and backslashes hanging out.

*strokes cock*

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 18 Jul 2013 13:18

Extended-Phenotype Mmmm, sexy nude quotes with all their brackets and backslashes hanging out.

*strokes cock*

Sorry, watching the Cricket at the same time.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jul 2013 18:17

One8Seven1
wally bassoon
DOYLERSAROYALER

Forgetting of course that Pog is going once we haggle the fee we're happy with. AZ has said as much. So we do still need a striker.

No haggling involved. It's as soon as someone offers his release fee and he agrees wages with them.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Jul 2013 18:53

HRK will flourish if played as a striker

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 18 Jul 2013 18:56

loyalroyal4life HRK will flourish if played as a striker

Agreed, I want to see this but only if partnered with Le Fondre who deserves a chance from the off and for longer than a handful of games at a time. If it's one up front with advanced midfielders behind and to the side, then HRK should be one of them.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jul 2013 20:52

SPARTA
loyalroyal4life HRK will flourish if played as a striker

Agreed, I want to see this but only if partnered with Le Fondre who deserves a chance from the off and for longer than a handful of games at a time. If it's one up front with advanced midfielders behind and to the side, then HRK should be one of them.

Le Fondre deserves a chance from the off with some decent service, a decent midfield and not being paired with Simon Church.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 19 Jul 2013 07:42

All the stuff from the club about HRK and Blackman turning into excellent striking options stinks of toward thought propaganda to me. If we fail in getting another decent striker, they've put in the ground work required for saying:

"we never intended to get an extra striker, we are very happy with what we currently have, and re-signed Simon Church as backup."

Arse covered.

1064 posts