CONFIRMED - Royston Drenthe

2007 posts
upthetoffees

Re: CONFIRMED - Royston Drenthe

by upthetoffees » 23 Jul 2013 16:00

TBM
upthetoffees There is no pissing on anyones parade, I came in peace to see what you guys felt about the signing. He's clearly a player that divides opinion

I've stated that for the record I hope he does the business with you and gets you back in the premier league and I also said that if Atkins can do what Moyes and Mourihino failed to do then you've got a hell of a player on your hands.

I believe if he feels the love and can keep out of trouble his transfer value would be £15m +, he's head and shoulders above other wingers I can think of that have moved for big dollors like Scott Sinclair.

If we draw you in the cup, would he get a bigger boo or cheer from you guys?!

More cheers than boo's. I think most people love a maverick player and some will only remember the flashes of genius. Others single handedly blame him for our FA Cup semi final defeat to Liverpool, a game he didn't even play in but as I already mentioned was allegedly in talks with them the night before about signing so Moyes kicked him out the squad

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jul 2013 16:09

Extended-Phenotype
It still could be possible that your misquoting was deliberate, even if the words were real. I wouldn't pursue this in the courts if I were you.

Someone get Judge Drenthe in here!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Jul 2013 16:23

upthetoffees There is no pissing on anyones parade, I came in peace to see what you guys felt about the signing. He's clearly a player that divides opinion

I've stated that for the record I hope he does the business with you and gets you back in the premier league and I also said that if Atkins can do what Moyes and Mourihino failed to do then you've got a hell of a player on your hands.

I believe if he feels the love and can keep out of trouble
his transfer value would be £15m +, he's head and shoulders above other wingers I can think of that have moved for big dollors like Scott Sinclair.

Backhanded compliments coming thick n fast from the Relegated XII fan.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jul 2013 16:26

floyd__streete
winchester_royal I shall be suing for deformation of character.

Deformation of character :lol:

Ahh good, that's another 50k 8)

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Jul 2013 16:38

upthetoffees
TBM

I believe if he feels the love and can keep out of trouble his transfer value would be £15m +, he's head and shoulders above other wingers I can think of that have moved for big dollors like Scott Sinclair.

If we draw you in the cup, would he get a bigger boo or cheer from you guys?!

More cheers than boo's. I think most people love a maverick player and some will only remember the flashes of genius. Others single handedly blame him for our FA Cup semi final defeat to Liverpool, a game he didn't even play in but as I already mentioned was allegedly in talks with them the night before about signing so Moyes kicked him out the squad

Slight change of topic - but whilst you're hear

I have put a bet on Everton getting relegated this season (nothing personal, was just good money).....how do you feel Martinez will do for you?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jul 2013 16:40

what does he hear?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jul 2013 16:40

TBM Slight change of topic - but whilst you're hear

I have put a bet on Everton getting relegated this season (nothing personal, was just good money).....how do you feel Martinez will do for you?

How good was the money?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 23 Jul 2013 16:44

NewCorkSeth

How good was the money?

Was about 40/1

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jul 2013 16:50

TBM Was about 40/1

ooo thats one of those bets where all you think is "with odds like that I'd be stupid not to take it!".. But Everton wont get relegated..

The three teams that went up all look pretty terrible! then there's Villa and Sunderland who could both do terribly.. Also if monsieur Alain Pardieu doesnt buck up his ideas Noucastle could be in trouble..

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 23 Jul 2013 16:50

Extended-Phenotype

I believe if he feels the love and can keep out of trouble
his transfer value would be £15m +, he's head and shoulders above other wingers I can think of that have moved for big dollors like Scott Sinclair.

Backhanded compliments coming thick n fast from the Relegated XII fan.

Does Atkins actually have to do what Moyes and Mourinho failed to do?

It seems like getting him to play a decent part in a championship promotion campaign might be a smaller challenge than getting him to succeed at Real Madrid.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 23 Jul 2013 16:52

NewCorkSeth
TBM Was about 40/1

ooo thats one of those bets where all you think is "with odds like that I'd be stupid not to take it!".. But Everton wont get relegated..

The three teams that went up all look pretty terrible! then there's Villa and Sunderland who could both do terribly.. Also if monsieur Alain Pardieu doesnt buck up his ideas Noucastle could be in trouble..

I only put £10 on it but my reasoning is/was that Moyes left, they don't have a massive budget and Baines/Fellani will soon leave. Plus Martinez doesn't really have a great record despite people saying he's a good manager.

Obviously if they don't leave then i doubt they will get relegated but i took the bet up before we find out.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Jul 2013 16:55

Ah fair enough!! yeah they would be goosed if they lost those two! especially so late in the transfer window! Martinez is quite over rated! I thought for sure Everton would aim a little higher!

upthetoffees

by upthetoffees » 23 Jul 2013 16:59

NewCorkSeth

We've only played two pre-season games so far ( lost one, won one) so its very hard to say. I don't see any reason why we can't finish higher than we did last year. If you take the game at your place, for 45 minutes we dominated and thats being kind to you. Yet rather than going for the throat we sat back and deservedly got beat in the end. We are hopeful that Martinez more attacking style of play will turn those games in our favour. On the other hand at home last season we beat Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, drew with Arsenal and lost to Chelsea. I'm worried than Martinez's open style of play might play into the better teams hands, however there are more teams below us than above us so win your winable games and bingo!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Jul 2013 17:17

Martinez is shite. Everton's good players are on their way out. They have no money. And the best they can do is raid the bargain bin that is their managers old relegated team.

Things are so bad, their fans have taken to joining other clubs' football forums to blow their cheeks and scratch their heads in demoralising caution like f/cking car mechanics.

Just blow on Fellani's head when he leaves and hundreds of Fellani seeds will escape into the summer air, saving you the bother of all these tears and new user accounts.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 23 Jul 2013 17:21

Extended-Phenotype Just blow on Fellani's head when he leaves and hundreds of Fellani seeds will escape into the summer air,

:lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jul 2013 17:33

upthetoffees Apologies for causing some in-house fighting, yes he played in the Russian top flight, I meant he played for a club that were relegated to the second tier.
Anyway, I think you get what I was getting at, He went from playing on loan at Everton where he was booted out in April 2012 and then dissapeared until December 2012 when he signed for a club bottom of the Russian league. Makes me think there are more to the stories of his wild behaviour that no one else seemed to take a chance

One of the things that makes me hopeful is an article where he says that Moyes has completely changed his way of doing things, but it took him leaving and going to Russia and getting relegated to realise what Moyes was telling him was important.

If he's genuinely had that sort of epiphany and kept his mental side but will knuckled under and apply himself, then we've got one hell of a player. Then again it may be all talk and no action. But as some have said, even then he's good enough to destroy championship teams a few times a season.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 23 Jul 2013 20:14

TBM
Extended-Phenotype Just blow on Fellani's head when he leaves and hundreds of Fellani seeds will escape into the summer air,

:lol:

Back to his best :lol:

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 25 Jul 2013 10:38

IMPORTANT: I obviously don't come on here much, so this may have been covered, but I need to know the proper pronounciation of his surname to check whether my puntastic fantasy football team name works.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jul 2013 10:41

mr_number IMPORTANT: I obviously don't come on here much, so this may have been covered, but I need to know the proper pronounciation of his surname to check whether my puntastic fantasy football team name works.

Drenthe

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 25 Jul 2013 10:48

Pepe the Horseman
mr_number IMPORTANT: I obviously don't come on here much, so this may have been covered, but I need to know the proper pronounciation of his surname to check whether my puntastic fantasy football team name works.

Drenthe

You're a Drenthe.

2007 posts