Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by floyd__streete » 24 Jul 2013 13:10

Maguire Why are they now trawling Twitter trying to find ammunition to fire at him now he's in a completely new job?

ROFLhetoROFLicaLOL LOLine of questioning.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jul 2013 18:13

Maguire I really, really don't understand it. These morons must have cheered Brian like a hero when we went on our cup runs, when we got to the p/o final, and when we stormed to the league title.

Why are they now trawling Twitter trying to find ammunition to fire at him now he's in a completely new job?

Personally I'd like to see him do well at Leeds, though not at our expense obviously.

I find it a little depressing that he appears to be signing up fukwits like Mills though.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 24 Jul 2013 19:19

Ian Royal I find it a little depressing that he appears to be signing up fukwits like Mills though.

I liked Matt Mills when he was with us. He was probably our best player in 2010-11. He only left to join a bigger club which at the time, looked like it had a better chance of promotion. Obviously it didn't turn out that way, but Leicester is also his hometown club. Not to mention he would have got a pay rise.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jul 2013 19:23

He didnt like you when he was with us

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 24 Jul 2013 19:41

RoyallyFcuked
Ian Royal I find it a little depressing that he appears to be signing up fukwits like Mills though.

I liked Matt Mills when he was with us. He was probably our best player in 2010-11. He only left to join a bigger club which at the time, looked like it had a better chance of promotion. Obviously it didn't turn out that way, but Leicester is also his hometown club. Not to mention he would have got a pay rise.

Is Leicester really his hometown club? He was born there but grew up in Cricklade ( went to school in Purton).

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 24 Jul 2013 19:43

ps. How long after Brian McD's departure can we stop this post? It is a bit of a stale subject now.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 24 Jul 2013 19:47

this thread can run on the whole season....depends who does better out of us and Leeds etc

I'd suggest people start positioning themselves now and make statements that cover themselves whichever way it turns out

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 24 Jul 2013 19:53

Cypry
sandman They just have no respect and it's a shame as it's not just the things he did as manager but all he did off the pitch in over a decade.

Absolutely correct, people need to remember what he did for us, and give him the respect he deserves, but I still believe it was the right decision to replace him, and had we acted sooner it might have given us a better shout at staying up....

Not supported by the facts of course. Fewer points per game under Nige than Bri.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 24 Jul 2013 19:54

creative_username_1 this thread can run on the whole season....depends who does better out of us and Leeds etc

I'd suggest people start positioning themselves now and make statements that cover themselves whichever way it turns out

well if that's the case maybe its for the OP to re-name the thread, months down the road its turned into a Leeds vs Reading thread

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Jul 2013 21:25

Man Friday
Cypry
sandman They just have no respect and it's a shame as it's not just the things he did as manager but all he did off the pitch in over a decade.

Absolutely correct, people need to remember what he did for us, and give him the respect he deserves, but I still believe it was the right decision to replace him, and had we acted sooner it might have given us a better shout at staying up....

Not supported by the facts of course. Fewer points per game under Nige than Bri.

Which of course doesn't take into account the run of fixtures or the attempt at changing the way the team played. If he'd had a chance to make the same changes a few months before and then had the run of six pointers we got the square root of naff all from under McDermott, we may well have stayed up.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Jul 2013 21:29

Maguire I really, really don't understand it. These morons must have cheered Brian like a hero when we went on our cup runs, when we got to the p/o final, and when we stormed to the league title.

Why are they now trawling Twitter trying to find ammunition to fire at him now he's in a completely new job?

I see it more as an overreaction to the emotional defence of McDermott's car crash of a season and the suggestion from his apologists that he didn't deserve to lose his job due to his mis-management.

I've still got total respect for the job McDermott has done for the club over many years, but once he took the top job his days were numbered and he had to be judged as any other manager would be which ultimately means he got the elbow.

It's all pretty sad though.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 24 Jul 2013 22:09

Ian Royal

Personally I'd like to see him do well at Leeds, though not at our expense obviously.

+1

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 24 Jul 2013 22:48

Hoop Blah Which of course doesn't take into account the run of fixtures or the attempt at changing the way the team played. If he'd had a chance to make the same changes a few months before and then had the run of six pointers we got the square root of naff all from under McDermott, we may well have stayed up.

And if my Aunt was called Bert, she'd be my uncle.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Jul 2013 23:36

Man Friday
Hoop Blah Which of course doesn't take into account the run of fixtures or the attempt at changing the way the team played. If he'd had a chance to make the same changes a few months before and then had the run of six pointers we got the square root of naff all from under McDermott, we may well have stayed up.

And if my Aunt was called Bert, she'd be my uncle.

Exactly.

But to say the facts don't support the argument that we might've stayed up had the same change been made earlier is rubbish because you can't show the facts for the scenario above which never happens. It's a pointless rebuttal to a pointless comparison.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 25 Jul 2013 02:19

It's almost like this whole thread, indeed this whole forum is pointless

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 25 Jul 2013 04:23

melonhead It's almost like this whole thread, indeed this whole forum is pointless

Mind blow thread please

CrispyRoyal

by CrispyRoyal » 25 Jul 2013 13:08

melonhead It's almost like this whole thread, indeed this whole forum is pointless

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 25 Jul 2013 17:49

melonhead this whole forum is pointless

just FOAD m8

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Jul 2013 17:56

Hoop Blah

I see it more as an overreaction to the emotional defence of McDermott's car crash of a season and the suggestion from his apologists that he didn't deserve to lose his job due to his mis-management

Yeah, it was definitely that way round :roll:

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 25 Jul 2013 20:40

NewCorkSeth He didnt like you when he was with us

No one likes you though. So fcuk off newbie

3714 posts