Pogrebnyak

964 posts
Far Canal

Re: Pogrebnyak

by Far Canal » 27 Jul 2013 17:52

JS28ZoD Pog is being linked with Rubin Kazan in the Daily Mail today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Kazan.html

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Jul 2013 17:53

What is the story with his contract clause? can he cancel it without mutual consent? This would truly mess us up with striker numbers..

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 27 Jul 2013 18:05

NewCorkSeth What is the story with his contract clause? can he cancel it without mutual consent? This would truly mess us up with striker numbers..

No. AZ has said we will let him go if we receive a suitable fee. It's just a poorly written article. He's off though, and that's a good thing because his body language in the warm up said everything. He isn't interested any more. All of the subs warmed up in a group - he warmed up by standing still watching Swansea and probably wishing he was on that side of the pitch, then he decided to do some keepie uppies. The sooner he goes, the sooner we can bring in a replacement and hopefully someone with a greatly improved attitude.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Jul 2013 18:14

One8Seven1 No. AZ has said we will let him go if we receive a suitable fee. It's just a poorly written article. He's off though, and that's a good thing because his body language in the warm up said everything. He isn't interested any more. All of the subs warmed up in a group - he warmed up by standing still watching Swansea and probably wishing he was on that side of the pitch, then he decided to do some keepie uppies. The sooner he goes, the sooner we can bring in a replacement and hopefully someone with a greatly improved attitude.

And you think a suitable fee to be? I personally would be a little disappointed not to get at least 2.5-3 mil for him! I have no particular love for him but I think a lot of people seem to rail on him for his attitude (which i believe to be his natural face! I dont know any Russian other than Abromavich who smiles, and I think he only does it because he has a mental illness) Do you really think if we sold him first we could get someone in in time? its a loop paradox to me. We sell him to free up wages = we might not sign someone before the window. We wait till we sign someone before we sell him = we might not sell him and have a high wage bill for no good reason.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 27 Jul 2013 18:18

NewCorkSeth
One8Seven1 No. AZ has said we will let him go if we receive a suitable fee. It's just a poorly written article. He's off though, and that's a good thing because his body language in the warm up said everything. He isn't interested any more. All of the subs warmed up in a group - he warmed up by standing still watching Swansea and probably wishing he was on that side of the pitch, then he decided to do some keepie uppies. The sooner he goes, the sooner we can bring in a replacement and hopefully someone with a greatly improved attitude.

And you think a suitable fee to be? I personally would be a little disappointed not to get at least 2.5-3 mil for him!

He's probably worth £2.5m at the absolute most, and that's based on reputation rather than his time here. On his time here then we should be paying someone to take him off our wage bill. I expect his fee will be undisclosed in any case.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 27 Jul 2013 18:30

Any fee would be a blessing. Getting shot of him is the main thing. It would be excellent business for the club to give £2-3 million to anybody to take him away.

The only reason we are asking for a fee is to avoid devaluing him. If we say we don't want money for him, other teams will smell a rat, watch some videos of how he played last year, realise how crap he actually is, and we will be left with his wages for another season. If we pretend we want a fee, other clubs might believe us, imagine he is a passable footballer, and take him off our hands.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Jul 2013 18:31

Handsome Man Any fee would be a blessing. Getting shot of him is the main thing. It would be excellent business for the club to give £2-3 million to anybody to take him away.

The only reason we are asking for a fee is to avoid devaluing him. If we say we don't want money for him, other teams will smell a rat, watch some videos of how he played last year, realise how crap he actually is, and we will be left with his wages for another season. If we pretend we want a fee, other clubs might believe us, imagine he is a passable footballer, and take him off our hands.

My god you are handsome.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 27 Jul 2013 22:03

NewCorkSeth
Handsome Man Any fee would be a blessing. Getting shot of him is the main thing. It would be excellent business for the club to give £2-3 million to anybody to take him away.

My god you are handsome.

Thank you

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 28 Jul 2013 07:23

Still don't understand the Pog hate :|

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 28 Jul 2013 08:01

Wimb Still don't understand the Pog hate :|

Agreed, he spent most of last season isolated up front on his own, but we did see flashes of what he could do when facing the opposition goal. His shot accuracy early doors was phenomenal.

20/1 to be Championship top scorer next season, if he stays I'd be tempted by that.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 28 Jul 2013 08:39

jellytot

by jellytot » 28 Jul 2013 08:49

I think he was starved of any decent service. His finishing was fairly exceptional in the first half of the season as he got what? 2 chances max a game from our poor midfield and flanks. Second half
of the season his confidence had been sapped. I like him BUT in the chump his wages are
Far too high plus we need one or two more new bodies in. So he needs to go.

Think we will lose more too. Prob lose Feds or McCarthy.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 28 Jul 2013 09:06

Its all a bit too reminiscent of Nicola Zigic at Birmingham, granted they kept him but he has definately not pulled up any trees at Brum - probably best if we cut our losses with Pog and got one or two new strikers in and maybe see what Samuel can do.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 28 Jul 2013 09:34

holsgrove breaks a leg Its all a bit too reminiscent of Nicola Zigic at Birmingham, granted they kept him but he has definately not pulled up any trees at Brum - probably best if we cut our losses with Pog and got one or two new strikers in and maybe see what Samuel can do.

11 goals in 35 games and helping Brum to the play-offs wasn't bad. Considering Alfie was our top scorer with 12 when we won the league I'd take that sort of a return.

Do take your point though! It all depends if his wages can be better used elsewhere.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 28 Jul 2013 09:36

I would say get rid now! Can't stand him, crap uninterested picking up a huge wage. I would actually say start Samuel upfront against Ipswich, see what the lad can do. Pog no longer deserves his place here. Even Mass Sarr was better!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 28 Jul 2013 09:41

Reading4eva I would say get rid now! Can't stand him, crap uninterested picking up a huge wage. I would actually say start Samuel upfront against Ipswich, see what the lad can do. Pog no longer deserves his place here. Even Mass Sarr was better!

Cypry

by Cypry » 28 Jul 2013 09:50

At the moment I don't think it would matter who we had up front, unless we can create chances for them, they can't score...

Was at Bristol on Wednesday and saw the Swansea game yesterday, and I can only think of a couple of clear cut chances that we created for either ALF or Pog. I think both would be fine up front this season, if only we start giving them the opportunity to score....

I do wonder if the high level of competition for attacking midfield spots is detrimental. On a couple of occasions yesterday simple balls to ALF which would've virtually been tap-ins we spurned for (missed) shots. Drenthe and Akpan both guilty...

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 28 Jul 2013 10:19

Reading4eva I would say get rid now! Can't stand him, crap uninterested picking up a huge wage. I would actually say start Samuel upfront against Ipswich, see what the lad can do. Pog no longer deserves his place here. Even Mass Sarr was better!

F*ck me man you are a tiresome twat

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Jul 2013 11:17

windermere_royal

F*ck me man you are a tiresome twat

+1

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 28 Jul 2013 11:36

How? I don't rate the bloke, I don't like his attitude either. I wish he'd gone to Fulham back last July and we hadn't signed a new striker. He isn't agile, he doesn't bother running. I honestly can't see anyone taking him off our hands though. If anyone wants him though, I think we should get rid for free.

I'd rather Paddy Madden of Yeovil than this useless giant

He looks like Tidyup in my avatar

964 posts