Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by melonhead » 26 Jul 2013 18:32

I'm contending that almost every team that wins the league will have a bigger wage bill than most due to win promotion goal and clean sheet bonuses they accrue in getting there. We were always in the top five or so payers in that league, so add a load of bonus' on top and its always going to have us at the top of the wage totals. That's without any extra that az put in after jan as promotion incentive. And what Brian had for transfers, and having to sell players every year more than offsets any big wages he could offer anyway

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Jul 2013 18:49

I think it's a fair point bendy but ever since we went up in 05-06 our wage bill has been in the top 4 or 5.

We obviously offer good enough wages and bonuses that we can be more than competitive and attract the better players in the Championship when we want to. As an example, when we finished 9th under Rodgers/McDermott our wage bill was £18m+. I think only Newcastle (£47m) and West Brom (£22m), and possibly 'Boro, had a higher wage bill.

We are, without doubt, very competitive payers in the Championship, performance impacting that figure by much or not.

Cypry

by Cypry » 26 Jul 2013 19:34

floyd__streete
Cypry I'm 100% convinced that more money was available to Brian

On what evidence?

Based on several conversations I've had with sources that I trust implicitly within the club, and who, if anything have an agenda against the new regime, yet on this subject are adamant that there was more money available...

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Jul 2013 11:55

Lol. Hospitality waiters and club shop workers? Thing is, people will say a lot just tp appear in the know

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Jul 2013 12:37

Cypry
floyd__streete
Cypry I'm 100% convinced that more money was available to Brian

On what evidence?

Based on several conversations I've had with sources that I trust implicitly within the club, and who, if anything have an agenda against the new regime, yet on this subject are adamant that there was more money available...

:lol:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Jul 2013 12:39

I'm still waiting for the likes of SPARTA and winchester_royal to fully explain why they wanted McDermott to get the boot so much.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 27 Jul 2013 14:01

:lol:

Yeah, it's a real mystery.......

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 27 Jul 2013 14:14

LoyalRoyalFan I'm still waiting for the likes of SPARTA and winchester_royal to fully explain why they wanted McDermott to get the boot so much.

Read the 69 pages

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Jul 2013 15:56

Avon Royal :lol:

Yeah, it's a real mystery.......

Might as well add you to the list.

Treat McDermott like shit even after he is sacked, despite him doing a fine job here and a credit to our football club. He is Reading through and through, but some of the twats on here could not wait to get him out of the door and slag him off.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 27 Jul 2013 16:34

Brian helped to get us promoted and was rightly lauded for it. He was then exposed as being completely out of his depth in the Premier League and was rightly sacked for incompetence.

People get promoted above their ability all the time and many of them lose their job as a result. Brian's case is nothing special - in fact at most clubs he would have been put out of his misery in November.

We should remember him for the good times, but accept that our future does not have him in it.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 27 Jul 2013 19:54

Avon Royal Brian helped to get us promoted and was rightly lauded for it. He was then exposed as being completely out of his depth in the Premier League and was rightly sacked for incompetence.

Let's just wait and see how Nige gets on before we crow that everything will now be alright. So far, results haven't exactly been great although some say our football is so much better :roll:

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 27 Jul 2013 21:04

Man Friday
Avon Royal Brian helped to get us promoted and was rightly lauded for it. He was then exposed as being completely out of his depth in the Premier League and was rightly sacked for incompetence.

Let's just wait and see how Nige gets on before we crow that everything will now be alright. So far, results haven't exactly been great although some say our football is so much better :roll:

The football IS a lot better, it's the end product that is missing. That's still a huge improvement on McDermott's dated style.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 27 Jul 2013 21:18

Funny, I didn't think it was like ice skating where you got points from judges for "artistic merit", I thought it was about scoring more goals than the other team.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Jul 2013 21:28

Man Friday Funny, I didn't think it was like ice skating where you got points from judges for "artistic merit", I thought it was about scoring more goals than the other team.

What? you mean this isnt like rhythmic gymnastics? theres no judges at the side of the pitch holding up numbers?

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 27 Jul 2013 21:31

Man Friday Funny, I didn't think it was like ice skating where you got points from judges for "artistic merit", I thought it was about scoring more goals than the other team.

I also thought it was about not letting them in for fun at the other end?

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 27 Jul 2013 22:11

People get promoted above their ability all the time and many of them lose their job as a result. Brian's case is nothing special - in fact at most clubs he would have been put out of his misery in November.

We should remember him for the good times, but accept that our future does not have him in it.

He has gone he was rewarded well he has gone to the weeds forget about him actually I don't think he had a xxxxx clue absolutely xxxxxxx useless best place for him would be the conference

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 28 Jul 2013 13:47

McD's home result against prem Swansea team >>> Adkins result

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 28 Jul 2013 14:05

creative_username_1 McD's home result against prem Swansea team >>> Adkins result

Adkins away result against Fulham>>>>Brians home result , fecking idiot.

when are you twats going to let it go...???

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 28 Jul 2013 14:09

windermere_royal
creative_username_1 McD's home result against prem Swansea team >>> Adkins result

Adkins away result against Fulham>>>>Brians home result , fecking idiot.

when are you twats going to let it go...???

first bite

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Jul 2013 14:34

Brian's Championship winners medal > Adkins runners' up medal.

3714 posts