Captain/Vice Captain this season....

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

Re: Captain/Vice Captain this season....

by Alexander Litvinenko » 04 Aug 2013 00:37

Noticeable that although Morrison was captain, Pearce was the one doing the shouting and screaming and organising the defence.

All those who think you can't be captain unless you shout at everyone won't be happy with that....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Aug 2013 00:39

Judge Drenthe I'd rather a set decision was made so we knew it wouldn't chop and change depending on performance.. It's a positive though that Jobi has lost it. He can concentrate on his football, albeit from the bench which too is a good decision. Robson-Kanu, McCleary and Drenthe are all better wingers. I like Jobi, but he needs to work hard and be patient now, or possibly move on with Obita now also pushing the first-teamers.

Hrk was shit today

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Aug 2013 00:50

melonhead
Judge Drenthe I'd rather a set decision was made so we knew it wouldn't chop and change depending on performance.. It's a positive though that Jobi has lost it. He can concentrate on his football, albeit from the bench which too is a good decision. Robson-Kanu, McCleary and Drenthe are all better wingers. I like Jobi, but he needs to work hard and be patient now, or possibly move on with Obita now also pushing the first-teamers.

Hrk was shit today

This ^

RedRum

by RedRum » 04 Aug 2013 01:00

Nice to see someone like Morro get captaincy - wears his heart on his sleeve and clearly very honoured, saw him talking to the players a lot as well.
Anyway I'm not so sure captaincy is such a big thing in this team, i think Adkins wants a lot of players to really step up and help command the game.

As for everyone saying HRK was shit, i don't think he was awful bearing he mind he's only played 45 mins pre-season and was unlikely not to score maybe once or twice. He'll play a big part this season that's for sure, as will McAnuff.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 Aug 2013 01:10

Alexander Litvinenko Noticeable that although Morrison was captain, Pearce was the one doing the shouting and screaming and organising the defence.

All those who think you can't be captain unless you shout at everyone won't be happy with that....

Let's face it, if Pearce hadn't mucked about with all the nonsense last season he would have almost certainly been captain today.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Aug 2013 19:41

Royal Lady
TBM Nigel's comments after today

"Our previous captain Jobi McAnuff was on the bench as an impact player today so Sean Morrison got the armband.
"We won, so he will stay in the side and keep the captain's job, but Jobi has done magnificently for me and will continue to do so."

Note he says "previous"

Yep - good to see Ian Royal has his finger on the pulse as per usual...

Royal Ginger McAnuff still had his page in the programme.

Sounds like McAnuff's still club captain to me.

Cypry

by Cypry » 04 Aug 2013 19:50

Ian Royal
Royal Lady
TBM Nigel's comments after today

"Our previous captain Jobi McAnuff was on the bench as an impact player today so Sean Morrison got the armband.
"We won, so he will stay in the side and keep the captain's job, but Jobi has done magnificently for me and will continue to do so."

Note he says "previous"

Yep - good to see Ian Royal has his finger on the pulse as per usual...

Royal Ginger McAnuff still had his page in the programme.

Sounds like McAnuff's still club captain to me.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119654&start=80#p3742704

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 05 Aug 2013 18:03

Jobi news.

Well, not really "news". More like made up stuff. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119846

UpTheJunction

by UpTheJunction » 07 Aug 2013 20:22

I feel Sean Morrison is a great choice for captain, he seems like a leader. But after Guthrie's brilliant performance against ipswich I think that in a season's time he would be great as captain. Yeah there was a problems last season under BM, but he has come to life with confidence and skill with Adkins as manager. Anyone else agree?