Pogrebnyak

964 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pogrebnyak

by melonhead » 01 Aug 2013 10:54

didnt score when he oxf*rd had it.
lol at making out hes some great player, brought low by his playing colleagues.

all these excuses are terrible. he was ok, but his lack of effort and sulky attitude made him look alot worse.

the header at chelsea, and the flick in the brizzle game show he is capable. but we didnt see it enough. moaning and blaming other people for it is lolable

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 01 Aug 2013 11:17

Your understanding of the game is lolable.

Not saying he's flawless or blameless. But you can't score goals if you aren't given chances.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 01 Aug 2013 11:27

Extended-Phenotype Your understanding of the game is lolable.

Not saying he's flawless or blameless. But you can't score goals if you aren't given chances.

Thankyou!

You cant score goals when the ball is pumped 50 yards at face height when your surrounded by 6 members of the opposition.....with no support.

He does work hard, his goal vs West Ham showed that. Constantly chasing (Which he does very well) pressuring defences. This showed when he made James Collins fcuk up, took the ball on and finished.. a very good finish aswell.

I get the feeling he is a marmite player.

People that understand football, rate him

Morons who don't understand job roles, and think every striker should score 20 goals or be sold will dislike him.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 01 Aug 2013 11:29

moonwalklikebas This showed when he made James Collins fcuk up

James Collins is a walking fcuk up.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 01 Aug 2013 11:43

moonwalklikebas

Thankyou!

You cant score goals when the ball is pumped 50 yards at face height when your surrounded by 6 members of the opposition.....with no support.

He does work hard, his goal vs West Ham showed that. Constantly chasing (Which he does very well) pressuring defences. This showed when he made James Collins fcuk up, took the ball on and finished.. a very good finish aswell.

Morons who don't understand job roles, and think every striker should score 20 goals or be sold will dislike him.

Morons because they dont agree with your view more like

Pog isnt bad but he hasnt been that great either......get over it

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Aug 2013 14:58

youre lolable.
i lol at you.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Aug 2013 14:58

moonwalklikebas

Thankyou!

a really good striker would probably have put a couple away from those long balls tbf

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 01 Aug 2013 15:10

melonhead

youre lolable.
i lol at you.

Maybe I'm doing a deliberately funny little dance. In which case, backfire.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 01 Aug 2013 16:02

melonhead

youre lolable.
i lol at you.

You lots of love at him?

Aw.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Aug 2013 16:22

always

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 01 Aug 2013 16:42

We need to get this overrated carthorse off the wage bill before we can bring in another striker. Trouble is, no one wants him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Aug 2013 18:31

RoyallyFcuked We need to get this overrated carthorse off the wage bill before we can bring in another striker. Trouble is, no one wants him.

I want him. How much do you think they would sell him for? I need a good Target man on my team.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 01 Aug 2013 18:53

Reading4eva Why keep showing that pissing goal against Chelsea, which was from a fantastic cross anyway!

I think the header is actually better than the cross. And the cross was exceptional.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Aug 2013 20:10

Just before McDermott left, I looked at Pogrebnyak's shot-to-goals ratio and it was pretty impressive. The problem was that he wasn't getting enough shots. He was dropped (along with Guthrie and Pearce) when we were at our most attacking, then when he came back in the side he was averaging about one shot a match and we were playing defensively (it was comfortably our best spell of the season).

He didn't keep up that ratio when Adkins took over though, and I don't think it was anything to do with style, or commitment for that matter, it was a combination of chance/luck and poor form.

At Championship level I think he'll be fine. He might have a few poor months, but that's equally true of Austin, who had a major slowdown in the second half of the season.

Sport Economist

by Sport Economist » 12 Aug 2013 13:43

Some discussion of the Pog in Michael Calvin's new book, which is a fascinating insight into the world of the football scout.

A scout based at Fulham regrets that him getting away and gives a couple of insights into his character. Apparently, at a pre-season training camp while at Stuttgart, he blasted a ball high and wide but instead of forcing two old boys who had been enlisted to pick up wayward footballs, insisted on going and getting the ball himself. He was also ridiculed by the other players at Fulham during lunches for neatly stacking his plates and taking them up to the dinner ladies rather than leaving them strewn across the tables like the others.

A good attitude then but the scout also bemoans that we only got him because of money - no surprise there then - but it was the signing off fee that is rumoured to have been the clincher - possibly as much as £5 million which is startling and hard to justify given the meagre return.

The book also talks up Jobi as a model pro but hints that Jordan Obita might not make it - all the opinions of individual scouts interviewed in the book and not myself I hasten to add

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Nowhere-Men ... 1780891075

and review here:

http://thetwounfortunates.com/book-revi ... where-men/

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Aug 2013 14:02

Hi Michael.

Sport Economist

by Sport Economist » 12 Aug 2013 14:33

wrong

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Aug 2013 14:33

Hi,

Michael's Publisher?
Last edited by sandman on 12 Aug 2013 14:35, edited 1 time in total.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 12 Aug 2013 14:34

Michael's mum?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 12 Aug 2013 14:42

Michael's friend with benefits?

964 posts