Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
DaveBanana

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by DaveBanana » 11 Aug 2013 21:19

Not only did he get us promoted, he got us promoted on a shoe string budget, during his first managerial role, having spent the majority of his career with us - the man never got a proper goodbye, and deserves a fantastic reception

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 Aug 2013 21:25

Bandini People like you are the worst kind of scum.

:?:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 11 Aug 2013 21:30

DaveBanana Not only did he get us promoted, he got us promoted on a shoe string budget, during his first managerial role, having spent the majority of his career with us - the man never got a proper goodbye, and deserves a fantastic reception

Not with some people he doesn't.

Naming no names...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Aug 2013 22:56

Man Friday
winchester_royal
One8Seven1
I'll neither cheer or boo the man, but he wont be getting an appreciative welcome either. He's coming here desperately wanting to get one over us, and I'm sure we're all equally keen to get one over him as well.

I'll clap him and give him the respect he deserves, but I won't be judging those who choose to have a pop at him

I certainly will. Championship winner with Reading 2 seasons ago and you boo him??? What sort of morons are you?

Two who've said they won't boo him. So presumably you're the bigger moron.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 12 Aug 2013 07:30

Man Friday I certainly will. Championship winner with Reading 2 seasons ago and you boo him??? What sort of morons are you?

I won't be booing him you daft old soak.

If he chooses to try to win the support of his new fanbase by occasionally putting us down, which I'd probably do as well if I was in the same position as he is, then he opens himself up to some abuse from the minority.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 12 Aug 2013 09:50

He deserves a round of applause on behalf of the fact he gave everything he had the club over a significant period of time. If he was on the playing staff we would have been talking testimonials for the length of service delivered. Not only this, but the achievements during that period were significant and mostly unexpected. It didn't last forever, but it never does - RE: Sir Steve

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Aug 2013 10:41

LOL @ Reading fans getting all bitter and rattled about this like the small-time hicks-from-the-sticks you are :!:

Harrydog

by Harrydog » 12 Aug 2013 10:47

I do find it a bit weird that mcd seems to have little digs at us still.
he's clearly still bitter at the way he left.
even so he needs to move on, whats happened has happened.
he just needs to concentrate on the massive job in hand at leeds.
let anton and nige get on with it here

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 12 Aug 2013 10:51

Harrydog I do find it a bit weird that mcd seems to have little digs at us still.

Isn't that exactly what he's doing? It's inevitable he'll compare the role he's in now and that he's talking about with the role he had before.

Or should he just never mention Reading, and airbrush it completely from the past?

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 12 Aug 2013 11:28

I get the impression that the mood and expectations have risen at Leeds now Papa Smurf Bates is out of the way. Trouble for Brian is they will have the attitude of 'if he could do it at Reading, why not with us? - and the pressure is on straight away.

Colin failed there when he'd achieved promotion previously at smaller clubs and the goat lovers are probably expecting a play off place finish this season under McD. Adkins is on to a good thing here and was by far the best man for the job, trouble is, a play off position is also the minimum requirement for Reading these days. It will be an interesting head-to-head when we play Leeds but Brian doesn't deserve anything less than a civilised reception from us.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 12 Aug 2013 11:38

Of course McD deserves a great reception. There are still many misguided who think he should still be at the club hence this thread....

However, the more I listen to Dellor on the radio the more I wish the club could get rid of radio commentators as easily. He will be wetting himself with the expectation of interviewing McD after the game and fawning to his every word. McD allowed Dellor to answer all his questions for him hence the sterile post match interviews. He clearly doesn't rate Adkins but at last Nige knows how to play Dellor.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Aug 2013 12:37

Royalclapper Adkins is on to a good thing here and was by far the best man for the job, trouble is, a play off position is also the minimum requirement for Reading these days. It will be an interesting head-to-head when we play Leeds but Brian doesn't deserve anything less than a civilised reception from us.

Well said.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 12 Aug 2013 12:53

He will clap us (i am sure of this) why wouldn't you clap back...?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Aug 2013 15:21

A good point away from home for Leeds yesterday......still unbeaten.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 12 Aug 2013 21:23

Ian Royal
Man Friday
winchester_royal I certainly will. Championship winner with Reading 2 seasons ago and you boo him??? What sort of morons are you?

Two who've said they won't boo him. So presumably you're the bigger moron.

Presumably you are as I was directing my question at those who choose to boo him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2013 21:28

Man Friday
Ian Royal Two who've said they won't boo him. So presumably you're the bigger moron.

Presumably you are as I was directing my question at those who choose to boo him.

Bit of a fail again there. I'll be giving him a clap.

Not having a good time recently are you.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 12 Aug 2013 22:49

Ian Royal
Man Friday
Ian Royal Two who've said they won't boo him. So presumably you're the bigger moron.

Bit of a fail again there. I'll be giving him the clap.

Corrected.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 12 Aug 2013 23:03

Harrydog I do find it a bit weird that mcd seems to have little digs at us still.

No different to our players having constant little 'digs' about how much better it is playing under Adkins. We all move on.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 12 Aug 2013 23:09

Haag Royal Of course McD deserves a great reception. There are still many misguided who think he should still be at the club hence this thread....

However, the more I listen to Dellor on the radio the more I wish the club could get rid of radio commentators as easily. He will be wetting himself with the expectation of interviewing McD after the game and fawning to his every word. McD allowed Dellor to answer all his questions for him hence the sterile post match interviews. He clearly doesn't rate Adkins but at last Nige knows how to play Dellor.

think its a case of Adkins clearly not rating Dim Tellor.....Dims totally out of his comfort zone with Adkins and being told this weekend that NA doesn't have to justify his team selection to anyone ...don't expect Dim to be asking any questions about team selection of him in the future....

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 13 Aug 2013 20:34

Ian Royal
Man Friday

Bit of a fail again there. I'll be giving him a clap.

I wasn't referring to you.

You're no genius are you? :lol:

3714 posts