Team for Watford (h)

royallyscrewed

Re: Team for Watford (h)

by royallyscrewed » 15 Aug 2013 20:02

Would like to see

McCarthy, Kelly Morrison Mapps Bridge, Drenthe Williams Guthrie Mcleary, Pog ALF

But something clearly untoward going on with Mapps, Karacan seems in favour with Adkins even though I personally think he has lost the slight progress he showed end of last season, and 2 up front just aint Adkins thang.

So expecting to see

McCarthy, Gunter morrison pearce bridge, Jobi Karacan Mcleary guthrie drenthe, ALF

really excited about this game. People gushing over Watford, maybe with some justification, so would love to give them a reality check Saturday afternoon

ade_kent_royal

by ade_kent_royal » 15 Aug 2013 20:29

I would play
McCarthy
Kelly
Marriapa
Morro
Bridge

Guthrie
Williams

HRK
Mcleary
Drenthe

Alf

I think Adkins will play same team as
Bolton game poss changing Jobi for HRK

Would love to see Ugwu replace Pog on the bench

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 15 Aug 2013 21:23

Our five best players plus 13 from Italy. Well if Watford can cheat!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Aug 2013 21:40

Super_horns
bobby1413 Any updates on how many tickets Watford have sold? I know it was over 2500 last time it was announced.

3k...must be doing well to sell that many.

20,000 sold in total apparently

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Aug 2013 22:01

------------McCarthy----------------
Kelly---Pearce---Morrison---Bridge
-------Guthrie---Williams----------
---McCleary--HRK--Drenthe---
----------------ALF------------------
My reasoning for the changes from last week is performance based. Gunter hasnt been sharp defensively Kelly would be better with the attacking threat of tWatford.
Williams again is better defensively but also I think he would do well with a start and Jem hasn't been great.
HRK in because I wanna see him try it out again!
ALF I want to see more of. I'm not sold on the idea he cant play up front on his own so I wanna see more of him up there.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 16 Aug 2013 10:26

NewCorkSeth ------------McCarthy----------------
Kelly---Pearce---Morrison---Bridge
-------Guthrie---Williams----------
---McCleary--HRK--Drenthe---
----------------ALF------------------
My reasoning for the changes from last week is performance based. Gunter hasnt been sharp defensively Kelly would be better with the attacking threat of tWatford.
Williams again is better defensively but also I think he would do well with a start and Jem hasn't been great.
HRK in because I wanna see him try it out again!
ALF I want to see more of. I'm not sold on the idea he cant play up front on his own so I wanna see more of him up there.

I agree with the Kelly point, and also that i'd like to see a bit more of Williams but i'm not sure about your reasoning for wanting to include him (also he's spent all week in the USA so is unlikely to start). Jem Karacan has many flaws in his game, but disruptive defensive play isn't one of them.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Aug 2013 10:32

Karacan was good against Bolton and Williams looked a little off the pace when he came on. Certainly wouldn't want to see him starting just yet given he's spent half the week travelling rather than training.

tjmill

by tjmill » 16 Aug 2013 12:02

Mariappa surely has to start this weekend? We paid alot for him and to not play him now seems odd when he is our best CB in my opinion.
Hope Blackman doesnt get anywhere near the starting 11 though looked really sluggish this season and is a sub at best.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 16 Aug 2013 12:16

ade_kent_royal
RoyallyFcuked
sandman Federici

Kelly
Pearce
Mariappa
Bridge

McCleary
McAnuff
Karacan
Guthrie
Drenthe

Alf

Subs: Taylor, Cummings, Morrison, Akpan, HRK, Blackman, Pogrebnyak

What he'll go with is same as last week with maybe Alf in place of Blackman and HRK instead of Jobi.

This, except I would like to see HRK and Williams start. Hoping Mariappa plays, and I would actually prefer Morrison to partner him instead of Pearce now.

Why would you completely drop McCarthy from the squad ?

Shit LOL, I didnt see that. I guess McCarthy is such an obvious choice I obviously overlooked the keeper position, thinking that McCarthy would be there. Then again it is sandman so I should have known better.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Aug 2013 13:37

Royal Ginger I agree with the Kelly point, and also that i'd like to see a bit more of Williams but i'm not sure about your reasoning for wanting to include him (also he's spent all week in the USA so is unlikely to start). Jem Karacan has many flaws in his game, but disruptive defensive play isn't one of them.

Oops forgot he was with the US of A I change to Karacan! I thought Williams was a stronger defender and from what was described his surging runs up the centre were difficult for teams to deal with! Struggle pig needs a start and Karacan, sadly, is more replaceable than Guthrie! I'm a big fan of Guthrie.
I wonder if Adkins would agree with my Kelly point?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 16 Aug 2013 19:40

NewCorkSeth I wonder if Adkins would agree with my Kelly point?

Unfortunately so far it appears not, but I for one certainly do

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Aug 2013 11:15

Crucial not to push Gunter and Bridge too far forward in my opinion. Watford's game is all about the break, and if we get caught the way we have done the last couple of weeks then we'll get raped. I'd like to see Kelly, McAnuff, Karacan and Kebe (not impressed by McCleary's defensive game) on the field to give us some decent defensive cover. I can see Guthrie getting sent off today if he tries to deal with the counters. I'd also like to see Akpan at least get onto the bench.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 17 Aug 2013 11:45

Royal Ginger Crucial not to push Gunter and Bridge too far forward in my opinion. Watford's game is all about the break, and if we get caught the way we have done the last couple of weeks then we'll get raped. I'd like to see Kelly, McAnuff, Karacan and Kebe (not impressed by McCleary's defensive game) on the field to give us some decent defensive cover. I can see Guthrie getting sent off today if he tries to deal with the counters. I'd also like to see Akpan at least get onto the bench.

Would like to see Williams in there to add some more physicality and Gunter to keep his place
I think mccleary tracks back at least as good as mcanuff but Gives more of a goal threat, after all he is a winger. So for me I'd take jobi out and draft Kebe in if fit. We play with one up top so we shouldn't have to sit back defend and invite a team like this onto us otherwise we will get battered.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Aug 2013 12:03

WestRoyal
Royal Ginger Crucial not to push Gunter and Bridge too far forward in my opinion. Watford's game is all about the break, and if we get caught the way we have done the last couple of weeks then we'll get raped. I'd like to see Kelly, McAnuff, Karacan and Kebe (not impressed by McCleary's defensive game) on the field to give us some decent defensive cover. I can see Guthrie getting sent off today if he tries to deal with the counters. I'd also like to see Akpan at least get onto the bench.

Would like to see Williams in there to add some more physicality and Gunter to keep his place
I think mccleary tracks back at least as good as mcanuff but Gives more of a goal threat, after all he is a winger. So for me I'd take jobi out and draft Kebe in if fit. We play with one up top so we shouldn't have to sit back defend and invite a team like this onto us otherwise we will get battered.

Who would you drop for Williams?(who's been traveling all week). Totally disagree that McCleary tracks back as well as McAnuff. I'd also argue that sitting back is a valid option against Watford. Their best play comes on the break when everyone is in their half, not when the other team has people behind the ball. Playing as we did the last two weeks s what will cause us problems.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 17 Aug 2013 12:13

royallyscrewed Would like to see

McCarthy, Kelly Morrison Mapps Bridge, Drenthe Williams Guthrie Mcleary, Pog ALF

Why Kelly? He doesn't get forward and he isn't the best of right-backs either to be fair. He is good cover, but Gunter is the offensive right-back we need and Adkin favours.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 17 Aug 2013 13:29

Royal Ginger
WestRoyal

Who would you drop for Williams?(who's been traveling all week). Totally disagree that McCleary tracks back as well as McAnuff. I'd also argue that sitting back is a valid option against Watford. Their best play comes on the break when everyone is in their half, not when the other team has people behind the ball. Playing as we did the last two weeks s what will cause us problems.

Would like to see Williams in there for Karacan, whether he is up to the task after international duty is something only he and the manager will know
You have the right to disagree regarding Mcanuff and McCleary but I don't see it.
I think because Mcanuff doesn't have as much threat going forward in my opinion we feel we have to exaggerate on his defensive capabilities. We play with one up top so the two wide players need to get at them first and foremost.
Sitting back on a team invites them onto you and yes they are good on the counter but so are we just need better finishing which will come.
A number of their goals don't always come on the break but the playoff semi does stick out.

Anyway off to the game, enjoy

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 17 Aug 2013 13:32

One8Seven1
royallyscrewed Would like to see

Why Kelly? He doesn't get forward and he isn't the best of right-backs either to be fair. He is good cover, but Gunter is the offensive right-back we need and Adkin favours.

Correct, if he is fit he needs to start. We need to impose our game on them not invite them on to us. Let play to our strengths

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 17 Aug 2013 14:11

Can anyone listening to the radio confirm we are staring with Alf & Blackman? That's the rumour on the Bus, how exciting :D

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 17 Aug 2013 14:12

LightwaterRoyal ------------------McCarthy----------------
Gunter-------Morrison------Pearce------Bridge
-----------Guthrie---------------Karacan----------
McCleary-----------Blackman-------------Drenthe
-----------------------Alfie-------------------------

:lol: One player off