Blackman

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Blackman

by P!ssed Off » 27 Aug 2013 17:54

Kebe's apprentice
kwik-silva
Kebe's apprentice Against Watford a majority of the time he held the ball up well, backed into defenders, definitely stronger than I thought he was. His performance (like the rest of the team) declined after 60 minutes. He was our out ball against Watford and how anyone can say he played badly in that game is beyond me.

The OP is right, people need a scapegoat, and it seems like he has been picked for this season, just as Jobi was last season

I remember him having one run, one cross, a flick that failed, and then every other time he lost the ball. That's all I remember.

That is because when Blackman does his job well, it is not noticed. Against Watford, he held it up and did a simple pass or a lay off to a team mate countless times. When he loses the ball, people notice that more, especially when the people on here like to drill into everyone's minds that he is shit

I especially enjoyed the part where ALF set him up for a shot in the box and he selflessly passed it to Karacan (under the guise of a scuffed shot) for a tap in...

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 27 Aug 2013 17:55

No it is not a fact.
Do not say "this is a fact" and then post your opinion.
And the term "clear cut chance" is also subjective, therefore an opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't bother labelling it as a 'fact'.

Well what are you saying is not a fact then? it was poor finishing, that cannot be argued. So is your argument saying that even if he had scored, we would have dropped points anyway?

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 27 Aug 2013 17:56

P!ssed Off
I especially enjoyed the part where ALF set him up for a shot in the box and he selflessly passed it to Karacan (under the guise of a scuffed shot) for a tap in...

When Akpan did it against Newcastle no one said that he was bad because of it

Royals1871J

by Royals1871J » 27 Aug 2013 18:03

Kebe's apprentice
P!ssed Off
WAZZOCK I agree with the OP.

An opinion remains that ALF is the striker who has cost us victories in the last few games with his poor finishing (Watford goal aside).

FTFY

Bolton he missed what was an absolute sitter.
Watford he missed a half volley from 6 yards and a one on one
Blackpool mishit an easy chance from 6 yards, allowing the keeper and defenders to clear it.

HTH

But because ALF scored some important goals last year he doesn't make a good scapegoat.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Aug 2013 18:04

Kebe's apprentice
No it is not a fact.
Do not say "this is a fact" and then post your opinion.
And the term "clear cut chance" is also subjective, therefore an opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't bother labelling it as a 'fact'.

Well what are you saying is not a fact then? it was poor finishing, that cannot be argued. So is your argument saying that even if he had scored, we would have dropped points anyway?

Yes it can be argued you silly sod, please read the link i posted in regards to fact vs. opinion.

A fact: 'The shot went wide of the goal' / 'The shot went in the goal' / 'The shot took a deflection' etc.

An opinion: 'The shot was a poor finish' / The shot was a good finish' etc.

How can you not understand that labelling something as poor/good is a personal judgement i.e. an opinion? it is not factual.

"Next we must teach children to recognize the language of verbalizing or writing opinions. A statement using adjectives and/or adverbs with words such as always, never, should, all, none, most, least, greatest, good, better, best, beautiful, pretty, ugly, nice, mean, bad, worse, worst, tasty, tastier, and tastiest is most likely an opinion because it represents someone’s personal feelings or attitudes instead of presenting a fact that can be verified."
http://www.handyhandouts.com/viewHandou ... number=326
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 27 Aug 2013 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 27 Aug 2013 18:06

Royals1871J

But because ALF scored some important goals last year he doesn't make a good scapegoat.

I don't want ALF to be a scapegoat, I just don't want everyone using Blackman as one

Royals1871J

by Royals1871J » 27 Aug 2013 18:08

Kebe's apprentice
Royals1871J

I don't want ALF to be a scapegoat, I just don't want everyone using Blackman as one

I don't either but RFC fans seem to always need one.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Aug 2013 18:10

Royals1871J
Kebe's apprentice
Royals1871J

And some fans need to bitch about scapegoat this, scapegoat that, simply because their favourite player is crap.
IMO. :wink:

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 27 Aug 2013 18:10

P!ssed Off
Yes it can be argued you silly sod, please read the link i posted in regards to fact vs. opinion.

A fact: 'The shot went wide of the goal' / 'The shot went in the goal' / 'The shot took a deflection' etc.

An opinion: 'The shot was a poor finish' / The shot was a good finish' /

How can you not understand that labelling something as poor/good is a personal judgement i.e. an opinion? it is not factual.

"Next we must teach children to recognize the language of verbalizing or writing opinions. A statement using adjectives and/or adverbs with words such as always, never, should, all, none, most, least, greatest, good, better, best, beautiful, pretty, ugly, nice, mean, bad, worse, worst, tasty, tastier, and tastiest is most likely an opinion because it represents someone’s personal feelings or attitudes instead of presenting a fact that can be verified."

At some point, poor finishing can be a fact. For example, if someone missed an open goal from 6 yards, surely that would be poor finishing?
Calling me a silly sod does not make your point better :lol: :roll:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Aug 2013 18:14

Kebe's apprentice
P!ssed Off

An opinion: 'The shot was a poor finish' / The shot was a good finish' /

At some point, poor finishing can be a fact. For example, if someone missed an open goal from 6 yards, surely that would be poor finishing?
Calling me a silly sod does not make your point better :lol: :roll:

Yes, this example could very easily, and convincingly, be described as a poor finish.
Is it a fact? NO!!!!!

Royals1871J

by Royals1871J » 27 Aug 2013 18:14

P!ssed Off
Royals1871J
Royals1871J

And some fans need to bitch about scapegoat this, scapegoat that, simply because their favourite player is crap.

NA doesn't think he's crap.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Aug 2013 18:16

Royals1871J
P!ssed Off And some fans need to bitch about scapegoat this, scapegoat that, simply because their favourite player is crap.

I'm not Nigel Adkins.

Royals1871J

by Royals1871J » 27 Aug 2013 18:22

P!ssed Off
Royals1871J
P!ssed Off And some fans need to bitch about scapegoat this, scapegoat that, simply because their favourite player is crap.

I'm not Nigel Adkins.

Exactly. NA is probably the man who knows the most about him and he thinks he is good.Where as you who watches him once or twice a week compared to Nigel who watches him every day.

Royals1871J

by Royals1871J » 27 Aug 2013 18:33

P!ssed Off
Royals1871J Can't really understand what everyone's problem with him is. Holds up the ball well and plays well as a target man. I think he is our new scapegoat much like Jobi and Ledge were last season.

I agree. Nick Blackman is by far our most dangerous player on the pitch.
Every time he gets the ball it looks as if he's about to unleash an unstoppable shot at goal.
One can only hope we win another penalty in the next ten or so games so he can once again demonstrate the 'Nick Blackman cool as a cucumber finish' that we have all come to know and love.

Well name a Reading player that does look like they will unleash an unstoppable shot whenever they get the ball. Exactly none.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 27 Aug 2013 18:43

Royals1871J
P!ssed Off
Royals1871J Can't really understand what everyone's problem with him is. Holds up the ball well and plays well as a target man. I think he is our new scapegoat much like Jobi and Ledge were last season.

I agree. Nick Blackman is by far our most dangerous player on the pitch.
Every time he gets the ball it looks as if he's about to unleash an unstoppable shot at goal.
One can only hope we win another penalty in the next ten or so games so he can once again demonstrate the 'Nick Blackman cool as a cucumber finish' that we have all come to know and love.

Well name a Reading player that does look like they will unleash an unstoppable shot whenever they get the ball. Exactly none.

Drenthe.

Royals1871J

by Royals1871J » 27 Aug 2013 18:47

kwik-silva
Royals1871J

Drenthe.

Really? I'm not doubting his ability on the ball but haven't seen anything special about his shooting.

imHobb

by imHobb » 27 Aug 2013 18:54

Completely agree. If we are to continue playing 1 upfront then he is our man.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Aug 2013 18:56

Royals1871J
P!ssed Off
Royals1871J NA doesn't think he's crap.

I'm not Nigel Adkins.

Exactly. NA is probably the man who knows the most about him and he thinks he is good.Where as you who watches him once or twice a week compared to Nigel who watches him every day.

What is your point?

Royals1871J

by Royals1871J » 27 Aug 2013 18:58

P!ssed Off
P!ssed Off
Royals1871J

I'm not Nigel Adkins.

What is your point?

He obiously isn't crap because NA knows how good he is and he is more informed than you.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Aug 2013 19:02

Royals1871J
P!ssed Off
Royals1871J

What is your point?

He obiously isn't crap because NA knows how good he is and he is more informed than you.

:lol:
Obiously...

Once again, IMO, Blackman is crap.
We Move On.

PS: Learn how to quote newbie!