Pogrebnyak

964 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Pogrebnyak

by Nameless » 15 Sep 2013 19:39

Ascotexgunner If the dive wasn't a yellow then the card waving was. I absolutely hate that. I hope its the last time we see him personally. He's really let us down. AGAIN.

Agree totally about the card waving gesture - totally unnecessary at any time

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Sep 2013 19:44

Victor Meldrew Adkins was miles away from the incident so couldn't have an opinion.
Adie thought he had dived.

Adkins does say he saw it on the TV
Victor Meldrew I said that the ref would even things up and he did-the Brighton offence looked unintentional and warranted no more than a yellow.

I'm not sure a set of studs in the chest is any less painful if it was unintentional. I don't think the player set out to cause serious harm to Pearce but he knew Pearce was there and he intentionally challenged him studs up with his feet very high and with no control. Pearce's reaction made it look less than it was, fair play to Pearce for not rolling around and doing a dying swan impression.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Sep 2013 19:49

Victor Meldrew I said that the ref would even things up and he did-the Brighton offence looked unintentional and warranted no more than a yellow.

:shock: Definite Red. Might not have been intentional but was certainly a dangerous challenge that warranted a straight red.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 15 Sep 2013 19:52

NewCorkSeth
Royal Rother

My work here is done. :D

:shock:

To be fair, if Rother's job was to be a complete numpty then he deserves a promotion.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Sep 2013 19:55

Avon Royal
NewCorkSeth
Royal Rother

My work here is done. :D

:shock:

To be fair, if Rother's job was to be a complete numpty then he deserves a promotion.

And a significant Christmas bonus.

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 15 Sep 2013 20:05

Nameless
Victor Meldrew Adkins was miles away from the incident so couldn't have an opinion.
Adie thought he had dived.

Adkins does say he saw it on the TV

I'm not sure a set of studs in the chest is any less painful if it was unintentional. I don't think the player set out to cause serious harm to Pearce but he knew Pearce was there and he intentionally challenged him studs up with his feet very high and with no control. Pearce's reaction made it look less than it was, fair play to Pearce for not rolling around and doing a dying swan impression.

It was bloody obvious the ref would even things up. How on earth can he justify 8 yellows and 1 straight red for a match that didn't produce a single malicious cahallenge? Still, doubtless the FA will close ranks and blather on about respect if anyone dares to question the competence of one of their hallowed officials

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 15 Sep 2013 20:06

Not sure if its been discussed but the tackle on Lualua was just as much of a dive from Lualua than Pogs a few minutes later - no contact whatsoever. One of our better players up to that point.

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 15 Sep 2013 20:13

urz13 Not sure if its been discussed but the tackle on Lualua was just as much of a dive from Lualua than Pogs a few minutes later - no contact whatsoever. One of our better players up to that point.

Guthrie also took a fall outside the Brighton penalty area roughly mid way through the second half. Why wasn't a second yellow issued?

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 15 Sep 2013 20:15

Scutterbucketz The bloke's a moron. The club should fine him as much as they can, confiscate the flat they bought him in Kensington and slap his wife.

I volunteer for the last part

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 15 Sep 2013 20:17

2 world wars, 1 world cup I'd love to gloat about being right about Pog in the Prem, but I believe he can come good here.

Yes he fouled, yes he dived, yes he deserved a red, but he tried and that's really good to see!

He'll continue trying and just watch the mood on HNA when he inevitably gets a goal or two and builds some confidence.

Still in DESPERATE need of a striker or two but lay off Pog.

I agre with you 2ww1wc. I thought he looked decent enough until the red. He was getting balls to feet, he was holding up pretty well, and oxf*rd me if he didnt win a header too.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Sep 2013 20:25

Fezza
Marcus Crassus
Nameless If his arm was tugged there is no simulation. The Interpretations of the law state that in order for there to be simulation there can have been NO contact by the player challenging for the ball. If there is contact then there is no possibility of simulation.

So despite being held, and had having his heel clipped, it was simulation. A certain individual on this board needs to return because his work is neither done nor of a sufficient standard.

Yes he got a slight clip to the heel, there was no need to go down like he'd had both legs removed and then gesture to the Ref, he got exactly what he deserved for is stupidity!

So you are as effing blind as the ref and/or only bother looking below the knee?! As others have said, he got an extremely firm hold and tug back on his right arm - a blatant foul and probably bookable offence given the position and the fact Pog was about to break free.

Fezza

by Fezza » 15 Sep 2013 20:40

RoyalBlue
So you are as effing blind as the ref and/or only bother looking below the knee?! As others have said, he got an extremely firm hold and tug back on his right arm - a blatant foul and probably bookable offence given the position and the fact Pog was about to break free.

Watched it on the box and replayed it - touch on the arm was minimal, either way it wouldn't have resulted in the tumble that he performed and ignoring the first two points he also sat on his arse and made a card signal the the ref. Any way you look at it it was ffffing stupid! I assumed the card was because he dived rather than fell over!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Sep 2013 20:44

Fezza
RoyalBlue

Watched it on the box and replayed it - touch on the arm was minimal, either way it wouldn't have resulted in the tumble that he performed and ignoring the first two points he also sat on his arse and made a card signal the the ref. Any way you look at it it was ffffing stupid! I assumed the card was because he dived rather than fell over!

If you really think the 'touch' (it was in fact a grab and prolonged hold) was minimal then you really need to change your tv and/or go to Specsavers.

The only lawful justification for a second yellow would have been the card gesture (if that was what it was) but the w*nker of a ref clearly indicated that the card was for a dive/simulation which cannot have taken place given that there was a clear foul on him.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 15 Sep 2013 20:51

SydenhamRoyal
2 world wars, 1 world cup I'd love to gloat about being right about Pog in the Prem, but I believe he can come good here.

Yes he fouled, yes he dived, yes he deserved a red, but he tried and that's really good to see!

He'll continue trying and just watch the mood on HNA when he inevitably gets a goal or two and builds some confidence.

Still in DESPERATE need of a striker or two but lay off Pog.

I agre with you 2ww1wc. I thought he looked decent enough until the red. He was getting balls to feet, he was holding up pretty well, and oxf*rd me if he didnt win a header too.

If only he could "try" for a whole match

How any games has he completed the full 90 minutes for us?

I think he must like getting pulled off early

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 15 Sep 2013 21:01

He is 100% my favourite player now.

That was a hilarious red-card: the first yellow was a slight touch followed by a over-dramatic reaction and so was the second.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Sep 2013 23:32

Releasing Noel Hunt and keeping this joker simply beggars belief, as does Schard's view that Pog is more likely to score than the "anonymous" Alf, who already has 3 goals in this campaign................................but, there again, this the man who always insisted the sun shone from Nicky Forster's backside :|

Any club looking for a player who knows 10 different ways to dive or fall over will pay a fortune for POG......................and I doubt any expense is being spared at the Madstad in their search for such a rare beast :|
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 15 Sep 2013 23:33, edited 1 time in total.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 15 Sep 2013 23:33

Are you trying to tell me that today ALF looked more likely to score than Pog?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Sep 2013 23:35

Yes.............................when at any point in 2013 has POG looked like scoring and who was our top scorer last season and so far in this one?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 15 Sep 2013 23:37

Measured on impact during his time at the club, Nicky Forster is one the best Reading players of the last 20 years.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Sep 2013 23:41

Sanguine Measured on impact during his time at the club, Nicky Forster is one the best Reading players of the last 20 years.

indeed, just ask Darren Caskey's wife

964 posts