Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Buyout

by melonhead » 08 Oct 2013 17:04

Extended-Phenotype
melonhead
"Is it true that Anton's company has welshed on the deal to buy the club?" IMHO should warrant a comment from the club

which you got. saying it has been delayed, put back, and everyone is comfortable with it.

that you are still not happy with it/ignoring it is just another good reason why businesses probably shouldnt respond to every internet rumour that comes out

What was the official comment, in full, out of interest?

"EP is a massive gay"

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Oct 2013 17:09

melonhead
Extended-Phenotype

"EP is a massive gay"

A proud day for me, sure - but I meant about the delay of Anton's buyout, rather than Best Gay 2013 Awards?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Oct 2013 17:16

Extended-Phenotype
TBM
genome Can't stop laughing at Kelly's pic

Baird looks like an AIDS patient

Baird: Do you like opera?
Hammond: I'm not that familiar with opera.

Are you a homo? Are you a queer? Are you a faggot? Are you a fruit? Are you *gay*, sir?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Oct 2013 17:29

Extended-Phenotype
melonhead
Extended-Phenotype

"EP is a massive gay"

A proud day for me, sure - but I meant about the delay of Anton's buyout, rather than Best Gay 2013 Awards?

sorry- the quote in full was "the buyout has been delayed, because EP is a massive gay"

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Oct 2013 18:38

genome They all look a bit ill

Probably a bit stressed about forthcoming redundancies 8)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Oct 2013 18:51

I heard that they couldn't afford a professional photographer due to cutbacks so Anton took them. Flew back to the country and all but forgot to take one of himself.

Biscuit mane

by Biscuit mane » 09 Oct 2013 07:07

Biscuit mane Very Worried reading supporter ,! I have heard through good sources that the Russian has re mortgaged the mad stad & taken out loans against the parachute payments & sir john has not said anything because he needs the money ! .....if we don t go up to the prem this season it could be another Portsmouth ,! That why we haven t bought any players , Anton has not got any money !!!!!!!

Do you think we need some sort of demo at the Doncaster game ? ......we might get some reaction from the club ....May be the truth!......is this more than a rumour , we must ask the question ?

Icke

by Icke » 09 Oct 2013 07:14

D-

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 09 Oct 2013 07:56

McCleary has a tiny head.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 09 Oct 2013 12:13

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I was wondering whether the friendly with Oman was part of a PR exercise with potential new owners.

Esteban

by Esteban » 09 Oct 2013 12:34

Regardless of whether there is a problem or not (and my personal opinion is that there isn't), there is a perception that something has gone wrong. That has got to be addressed by the club before it gets out of hand.

Any PR team worth their salt would have been all over this. Yet another example of Reading's frankly useless communications team. CMZ OUT!

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 09 Oct 2013 12:46

I see BBC Sport are running with the story and quoting STAR's Richard Langley. I guess he was interviewed on Radio Berks but I didn't hear it if he did.

I found the last comment slightly worrying:-

"Thames Sports Investment and Reading FC have been unavailable for comment."

Why?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Oct 2013 12:58

CholseyRoyal "Thames Sports Investment and Reading FC have been unavailable for comment."

Why?

Because they also think Star are a bunch of pcunts?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Oct 2013 12:58

Esteban Regardless of whether there is a problem or not (and my personal opinion is that there isn't), there is a perception that something has gone wrong. That has got to be addressed by the club before it gets out of hand.

Any PR team worth their salt would have been all over this. Yet another example of Reading's frankly useless communications team. CMZ OUT!

The bold says it all.

Remember the DOOM about the takeover first part?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 09 Oct 2013 13:02

melonhead
sorry- the quote in full was "the buyout has been delayed, because EP is a massive gay"

Apologies all round then. In the absence of you finding a genuine quote to support anything you have said, I will try and keep my homosexuality a more manageable size.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Oct 2013 13:03

Esteban Any PR team worth their salt would have been all over this. Yet another example of Reading's frankly useless communications team. CMZ OUT!

I am sure that our media department are desperate to avoid any bad PR but have been instructed to maintain a firm line of 'anything but the truth' by their bosses upstairs :!:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Oct 2013 13:36

Esteban Regardless of whether there is a problem or not (and my personal opinion is that there isn't), there is a perception that something has gone wrong. That has got to be addressed by the club before it gets out of hand.

We've had a statement. Just because it was a little while ago and wasn't carefully worded to have no possible loop holes or in massive detail doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 09 Oct 2013 16:23

I am not sure there is much to worry about. We are not Pompey who had huge debts and an unmanageable wage bill. If it is true that Anton has no money after all, then we should be a good option for any would be purchaser and I would imagine there will be options. As a last resort if there are no buyers, then I would imagine that Anton and Sir John will have to carry on the joint ownership and just trade the club at break even. That should be easy enough with the parachute payments and with a lot of highly paid players coming to contract ends next summer.

The only downside for us fans is that we probably only have one shot at returning to the PL because if we don't go up next May. After that we will almost certainly have a much weaker squad next season made up of the remaining senior players (after sales and contract ends) and youngsters.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 09 Oct 2013 17:22

Extended-Phenotype
melonhead

Apologies all round then. In the absence of you finding a genuine quote to support anything you have said, I will try and keep my homosexuality a more manageable size.

if you would

its just too huge

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 09 Oct 2013 17:24

andrew1957 I am not sure there is much to worry about. We are not Pompey who had huge debts and an unmanageable wage bill. If it is true that Anton has no money after all, then we should be a good option for any would be purchaser and I would imagine there will be options. As a last resort if there are no buyers, then I would imagine that Anton and Sir John will have to carry on the joint ownership and just trade the club at break even. That should be easy enough with the parachute payments and with a lot of highly paid players coming to contract ends next summer.

and leave us in exactly the state we were in before the takeover, but having gained a load of parachutes and prem tv money to help grow the club more towards a point where we can sustain ourselves

8684 posts