571 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Anton To Face Fans Backlash?

by RoyalBlue » 08 Oct 2013 22:37

Northern Git
2 world wars, 1 world cup Reliable posters who defend the club and who don't believe in conspiracy theories are now coming out saying they have serious doubts.

And posters like me who have been very critical of the club and Madejski are now coming out saying chill out. What's HNA coming to?

LOL @ a photo of handshake with a brown guy + a delay in the transfer of funds + opinions of a couple blokes down pubs = everything is oxf*rd up, Madejski has been duped, we're selling to some ragheads etc.

1) Sir John is one of the shrewdest most careful men in business for a start.
2) Even buying a £500k house is full of problems at exchange for people who have the cash, let alone exchanging with £12million
3) The club has ploughed on and put lots into cat1 etc. this doesn't seem like a club about to fold.

Anyone wanting to buy this club would see it as a very well run club with lots of opportunity and would be mad to dismantle it anyway.

Whether we have ragheads or Russians, we'll be fine I'm sure.

Dont think that view holds much water these days

True. Seems to have made a very bad call in terms of continuing to invest in printing.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 09 Oct 2013 10:11

Northern Git
2 world wars, 1 world cup Reliable posters who defend the club and who don't believe in conspiracy theories are now coming out saying they have serious doubts.

And posters like me who have been very critical of the club and Madejski are now coming out saying chill out. What's HNA coming to?

LOL @ a photo of handshake with a brown guy + a delay in the transfer of funds + opinions of a couple blokes down pubs = everything is oxf*rd up, Madejski has been duped, we're selling to some ragheads etc.

1) Sir John is one of the shrewdest most careful men in business for a start.
2) Even buying a £500k house is full of problems at exchange for people who have the cash, let alone exchanging with £12million
3) The club has ploughed on and put lots into cat1 etc. this doesn't seem like a club about to fold.

Anyone wanting to buy this club would see it as a very well run club with lots of opportunity and would be mad to dismantle it anyway.

Whether we have ragheads or Russians, we'll be fine I'm sure.

Dont think that view holds much water these days

If he was that shrewd he wouldn't have got involved in a football club in the first place!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 09 Oct 2013 10:41

SJM got lucky with good idea, that fit the time it was in.
ever since then hes made some pretty poor business decisions in every other sphere hes been involved in.

his involvment in our club came from a community aspect as much as profit making, as he said he's always been aware that you generally dont make money out of football clubs.
tbf i think hes had the club and the town at the heart of all his decisions since then just as much as himself, and hes done very well for all three, finally managing to get out of it making back roughly what he put in, which is pretty good going.
he had little choice in selling though, he knew that as a self financing entity we probably couldnt exist unless in the prem, and knew also that he didnt have th emoney to keep filling the black holes, and financing wage bills as he had been.
lets hope his final decision doesnt taint what he did for us, cos weve had almost unbroken success under his stewardship when compared to where we were and had been before he took over.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 09 Oct 2013 11:46

Very well put (not being sarcastic).

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 09 Oct 2013 12:01

melonhead SJM got lucky with good idea, that fit the time it was in.
ever since then hes made some pretty poor business decisions in every other sphere hes been involved in.

his involvment in our club came from a community aspect as much as profit making, as he said he's always been aware that you generally dont make money out of football clubs.
tbf i think hes had the club and the town at the heart of all his decisions since then just as much as himself, and hes done very well for all three, finally managing to get out of it making back roughly what he put in, which is pretty good going.
he had little choice in selling though, he knew that as a self financing entity we probably couldnt exist unless in the prem, and knew also that he didnt have th emoney to keep filling the black holes, and financing wage bills as he had been.
lets hope his final decision doesnt taint what he did for us, cos weve had almost unbroken success under his stewardship when compared to where we were and had been before he took over.

Absolutely.

I'd also wager that by the time you factor in the hotel and ground, he may have done a little better than breaking even on his investment. And you really cannot put a price on all the PR he's had a result (and yes, that would have been a factor in him remaining at the club for so long) - PR that most certainly helped him achieve his knighthood. I think the only thing he didn't get was true support for his bid to become an MP, but overall he did brilliantly for the town, the club, the supporters and himself.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 09 Oct 2013 14:08

Who Moved The Goalposts?

Absolutely.

I'd also wager that by the time you factor in the hotel and ground, he may have done a little better than breaking even on his investment. And you really cannot put a price on all the PR he's had a result (and yes, that would have been a factor in him remaining at the club for so long) - PR that most certainly helped him achieve his knighthood. I think the only thing he didn't get was true support for his bid to become an MP, but overall he did brilliantly for the town, the club, the supporters and himself.

Would he also have had Cilla if he wasn't both rich and famous?

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 09 Oct 2013 16:15

winchester_royal How did TSI pass the PL f&pp test?

Got tips from Shinawatra?

Is that Fwank Shinawatra? My Nan was his biggest fan.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 09 Oct 2013 17:21

Who Moved The Goalposts?

Absolutely.

ur right

u cant put a price on the PR and knighthood.

so i havent

regardless of that i wouldnt begrudge him getting something back- sod working all that time and effort for 20 years and get bugger all

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Oct 2013 18:37

melonhead ur right

You can stop that shoite right now. As an elder statesman of the board I expect you to maintain much higher standards.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 09 Oct 2013 18:51

Anton to complete full buyout..................................

...of his Hockey toy, new stadium too, money spent on infrastructure.. it's almost template talk.

http://khl-bet.ru/news/5584-zingarevich ... shhax.html

Concerns about his lack of wealth grow as it becomes apparent he only has one suit.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 09 Oct 2013 19:06

Google Translate Mytischenskogo co-owner of "Atlanta" Anton Zingarevich intends to invest substantial funds to the development of the club's infrastructure. Businessman owns half the rights to the hockey team, but in the near future plans to increase the share of up to 100 %. Just as he owns an English football club " Reading ".

In the 2013-2014 NHL season means Zingarevich form only half of the budget , "Atlanta" , the other half is allocated Moscow region. After increasing its stake in the club , the businessman intends to finance not only the team , but all the infrastructure for a comprehensive development of the club. The primary task will be to build a new ice arena in Mytishchi.

At the moment their home games "Atlas" holding on " Arena Mytischi " capacity of 7,000 spectators. Ice Palace was built in 2005 .

Sounds familiar.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 09 Oct 2013 19:07

I call bullshit. They don't even play in the NHL.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Oct 2013 19:41

Who Moved The Goalposts?

Absolutely.

I'd also wager that by the time you factor in the hotel and ground, he may have done a little better than breaking even on his investment. And you really cannot put a price on all the PR he's had a result (and yes, that would have been a factor in him remaining at the club for so long) - PR that most certainly helped him achieve his knighthood. I think the only thing he didn't get was true support for his bid to become an MP

Why? Have the Monster Raving Looney Party disbanded?

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 10 Oct 2013 20:16

Ice Palace- the next name of the football ground.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 17 Oct 2013 20:37

Jamie Harden ‏@MrCompo 1h
Really hope #readingfc fans ask for answers from the stands on Saturday, pressure needs to be applied to TSI. Know I will be!

What is he expecting? A silent sit down protest?

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 17 Oct 2013 20:40

Can't really be bothered to read through the inevitable overreaction on this thread but just realised how lolz the title is.

Serious Football Manager material.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Oct 2013 20:44

One8Seven1 Jamie Harden ‏@MrCompo 1h
Really hope #readingfc fans ask for answers from the stands on Saturday, pressure needs to be applied to TSI. Know I will be!

I'd like to protest against him. Deary me, the comparisons to Portsmouth and the like are so woefully ill-informed and inaccurate based on current 'evidence' that I'd happily back RFC in any legal actions they might be tempted to take.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 17 Oct 2013 20:47

winchester_royal

I'd like to protest against him. Deary me, the comparisons to Portsmouth and the like are so woefully ill-informed and inaccurate based on current 'evidence' that I'd happily back RFC in any legal actions they might be tempted to take.

:lol:

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 17 Oct 2013 20:48

winchester_royal

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=24205

Jon Keen really is a massive attention seeking drama queen.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Oct 2013 20:52

Cobi
winchester_royal

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=24205

Jon Keen really is a massive attention seeking drama queen.

There are a couple of semi-interesting questions there, but nothing that comes even close to being insurmountable evidence to suggest that anything untoward is going on at the club.

If those 4 questions are the worst that the nay-sayers can come up with atm then I feel very comfortable in my pro-status quo stance.

571 posts