Jason Roberts nearly back

732 posts
SHORT AND CURLY

Re: Jason Roberts nearly back

by SHORT AND CURLY » 18 Oct 2013 19:47

Personally I thought he was a great asset to the team and was looking forward to him coming back

However he is getting a reputation to match that Bloody idiot Barton and will drag our club through the gutter.

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill! (Shakes head)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Oct 2013 20:01

Platypuss
RoyalBlue I'm beginning to think'

About 50 years too late, but it's a start.

Oh so very clever! Boy, I wish I could be as smart as you.

Graham really was scraping the bottom of the barrel when he decided to make you a moderator. I guess it's free speech but I can't think of many forums that would allow their moderators to act in the manner that you do. The principle is normally to have moderators who will act in an unbiased, even-handed manner and won't go around insulting other members of the forum.

Your main contribution to the running of HNA appears to be to slag off those who you don't agree with. Hardly takes a great deal of thinking does it.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Oct 2013 20:19

He's digging that hole deeper

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Oct 2013 20:34

SHORT AND CURLY However he is getting a reputation to match that Bloody idiot Barton and will drag our club through the gutter.

:lol:
So Jason Roberts standing up for something important that he believes in and his family have been effected by is somehow going to get him a reputation comparable to a man who stubbed a cigar out in a youth team players eye, bit a team mate, has been banned three times by the FA for violent conduct and has been arrested multiple times including two convictions for assault and affray (once for attacking a team mate)?

And you're accusing Roberts of overreacting to things. Couldn't make some of you lot up.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 18 Oct 2013 23:43

ns1981
Elm Park Pasty As fair as I'm aware the person who the comment was aimed at said 'No offence was meant, and none was given.' before adding he thought this was a non-story. If the person who the comment was directed at understood what was meant (and has now gone so far to say it was a compliment that Hodgson wanted him to get the ball) what business is it of anybody of any race to comment on what was said? I saw two ex footballers tweeting about this today, one white and one black (one of whom graced this club), and the only comment that was passed was the snitch should have the balls to own up, rather than telling the papers they have issues while saying nothing to the FA.

Maybe Mr Roberts should keep his mind on getting fit (if ever) rather than delivering soundbites on what is in effect a non-story (Thank you Mr Townsend).

Well said!

Roberts hasn't played for the best part of a year, wont play again at RFC and should do us all a favour and oxf*rd off.

All his focus is on racial issues and TBH it's getting reeeeeeeally oxf*rd' boring.

Piss off Jason, you're shite anyway!

Yes it was a reasonably good post from elm park but then you add the stupid immature comment/rant at the end of yours
Why not keep it constructive instead of hurling abuse.
Short memory fickle idiot

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Oct 2013 00:40

Jason Roberts is entitled to say what he wants. Just as all you pricks are also, unfortunately.

It is disappointing that someone who has greatly contributed to our recent success is treated in this manner for having an opinion on something that in civilised society shouldn't even be an issue.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 19 Oct 2013 01:03

RoyalBlue
Platypuss
RoyalBlue I'm beginning to think'

Graham really was scraping the bottom of the barrel when he decided to make you a moderator. I guess it's free speech but I can't think of many forums that would allow their moderators to act in the manner that you do. The principle is normally to have moderators who will act in an unbiased, even-handed manner and won't go around insulting other members of the forum.

Your main contribution to the running of HNA appears to be to slag off those who you don't agree with. Hardly takes a great deal of thinking does it.

+1

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Oct 2013 01:28

Woodcote Royal
RoyalBlue
Platypuss

whilst I'm not platypus's biggest fan (although tbf we share a love of Big Black) we have the combined vindictiveness of royal blue and the other one questioning his moderator ability.

For good reason, personally I'd have deleted both your accounts months ago. You are both utter cunts of the highest standing

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 Oct 2013 07:42

#badgeofhonour

ns1981

by ns1981 » 19 Oct 2013 08:33

WestRoyal
ns1981
Elm Park Pasty As fair as I'm aware the person who the comment was aimed at said 'No offence was meant, and none was given.' before adding he thought this was a non-story. If the person who the comment was directed at understood what was meant (and has now gone so far to say it was a compliment that Hodgson wanted him to get the ball) what business is it of anybody of any race to comment on what was said? I saw two ex footballers tweeting about this today, one white and one black (one of whom graced this club), and the only comment that was passed was the snitch should have the balls to own up, rather than telling the papers they have issues while saying nothing to the FA.

Maybe Mr Roberts should keep his mind on getting fit (if ever) rather than delivering soundbites on what is in effect a non-story (Thank you Mr Townsend).

Well said!

Roberts hasn't played for the best part of a year, wont play again at RFC and should do us all a favour and oxf*rd off.

All his focus is on racial issues and TBH it's getting reeeeeeeally oxf*rd' boring.

Piss off Jason, you're shite anyway!

Yes it was a reasonably good post from elm park but then you add the stupid immature comment/rant at the end of yours
Why not keep it constructive instead of hurling abuse.
Short memory fickle idiot

Short memory?! I am fully aware of the part Jason Roberts played in our success but what he's doing now is nothing shy of embarrassing and plenty of other RFC fans agree with me. If you choose not to, that's fine, it's called having an opinion!

I have absolutely no issues with people standing up to racism, I do myself, but what Jason Roberts is banging on about this time round ( Roy Hodgson's comment ) is ludicrous. It has ZERO racial content, no offence was intended and more importantly, none was taken. So why does Mr Roberts deem it necessary to pipe up?! If Roy had called someone in the squad/team a b**** whatever or similar, I'd have Jason's back all the way but he didn't.

Anyway, my breakfast is getting cold typing this!

Enjoy the match today :D

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 19 Oct 2013 08:47

well said that man^^

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 19 Oct 2013 12:30

leon Jason Roberts is entitled to say what he wants. Just as all you pricks are also, unfortunately.

It is disappointing that someone who has greatly contributed to our recent success is treated in this manner for having an opinion on something that in civilised society shouldn't even be an issue.

+1, very well put.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Oct 2013 14:09

No, that's a great big -1.

The point here is (and ok, I'm hazarding a guess) that everyone who has contributed to the thread detests racism, however, NONE EXISTED HERE!!

In jumping on this particular story Roberts has actually done his cause no good at all. In fact he and Peter Hibbert, despite the publicity gained, have actually harmed it because their future utterances when racism has actually occurred will be listened to with reduced respect.

Unlike Messrs Collymore and Carlisle who have been admirably eloquent and fair-minded in what they have said.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 Oct 2013 14:11

Have to agree with RR - the boy who cried wolf got eaten in the end.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 19 Oct 2013 20:45

Roberts was down the Oxford Rd yesterday around 18:20. Had his little boy with him, and parked up a dark green Jag. Not sure what he was doing down there, he had a file under his arm.. especially as that end of the road is known for being a druggy and prozzy area; and well you know, he's... um, yeah.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 19 Oct 2013 21:10

He was an excellent player, and it is good to hear him in the media.

His is one small voice, which alongside the black lawyers association, has been a rare one challenging Hodgson for his joke. This was something that somebody in the dressing must have felt strongly enough about to leak, so it is not ridiculous to imagine that there is some case to be answered.

I very much doubt that Roy would have got away with it five years ago, but these are very different times when the pc-gone-mad brigade shout so loudly, with such self-righteous certainty. We have still moved a long since the days of John Barnes and bananas, but it seems like it's a bigger crime to be offended by remarks than actually to be a racist at the moment. I am proud of Roberts and admire his strength in keeping his Twitter account open in the face of such an onslaught of hostility. He is exactly the kind of person who should be on FA committees in the future.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Oct 2013 21:20

I like Roberts, I even like Stan Collydog

But the "Black Lawyers Association" need to nail their colours to the mast or stfu.

IF something was said by Roy, that needed making public, lets do it in public.

What was said by who to whom? for starters...make it public

Who was offended enough to take exception to it?....make it public

A shame that on a day of celebration, folk have to chase the negatives.

So far its still just press supposition

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Oct 2013 23:45

It isn't supposition though is it?

A player in the dressing room phoned the journalist and said what had happened and that he had been upset by it. He also said that Townsend had been upset.

Whether that is right or wrong, or whether the player was telling a porkie or just completely misunderstood / misheard what was said by Hodgson I don't think anyone is seriously doubting whether the call was made.

I came across this comment from comedian Stephen Grant which sums it up quite neatly: "In my professional opinion, a joke containing the word 'monkey' is not racist if the monkey in question is a monkey."

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Oct 2013 23:48

OK

So why has the "monkey" not put his balls on the line?

This aint the 1960's ffs

Pathetic pc posturing

Got anything to say, got a complaint...come out and just say it (it works both ways)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Oct 2013 00:03

If the England manager is a racist...sack him (not that it would have a lot to do with Englands success)

If the player is a shit stirrer, sack him.....................not as tho' that it would affect his Premier billy big bollox wage for a few years,ie no punishment

Cannot believe that any England player would ever dare cite the manager that picked him

Things have (obviously) changed tho'

732 posts