on my way BFTG: Millwall H

163 posts
P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: on my way BFTG: Millwall H

by P!ssed Off » 26 Oct 2013 18:48

Didn't deserve any more than a point. Midfield was woeful. Looked like they'd been out on the piss friday night. Should switch back to 3 CMs for Sheff Wednesday next week.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 26 Oct 2013 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Oct 2013 18:49

Flat performance flat atmosphere, picky ref , scrappy dull game, fair result.
should have buried them, a fair few chances, hit the post.
They kept it nicely but never truly threatened until they went down to ten.
But even playing so poorly we shoul. Still have shut em out.
only Obita Baird and the defence comeout looking half decent,
With McCleary & Guthrie having poor games by their standards we just couldn't Get At them. Pog and Alf took alot of punishment with little protection and were feeding off scraps and our goal and the pen were the only real moments of quality.
Subs and tactics wound me up. I know we need to keep the Ball but the sheer number of backward passes slowed the game up and we never really pressured them as A result

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Oct 2013 19:00

Westwood52 That was very poor and Millwall deserved a draw-they well organised, worked hard but had little threat up front-we on the other hand just sleep walked through the game. It seems stop Guthrie and you stop Reading.

Feds: 5 Had little choice on the penalty, just to slow and for once his kicking was inaccurate.

Gunter : 6 As usual kept going after a clattering, but little quality.
Bridge : 7 MOM but thats not saying much.
Morro : 5 Indecisive but good goal.
Pierce : 4 Partly to blame for the goal.
Guthrie : 6 If he doesnt have time & space Reading don't play on the front foot-seemed short of ideas
Baird : 6 As usual a very safe performance-but lacks creativity
Mcleery : 5 Not his usual self-switched off for long periods of the game
Alf : 6 Missed a good chance to bury Millwall and just did not look sharp
Pog : 7 Worked very hard but two tough centre backs outmatched him.
Obita : 4 Apart from one brilliant piece of play too often looked out of his depth

Mc Anuff : 6 Pretty average
Kanu : 6 Little impact
Kelly : 6 Looked very rusty

Adkins seemed unable to influence our performance

Linos good- once again Ref clueless-worse than Durso.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/team/player-profile/

Player Profiles. Should give you a clue on how to spell their names.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 26 Oct 2013 19:02

Usual rubbish

Didn't think the ref was as bad as suggested, people sl8 the ref after every game. Though he did allow Kelly to be subbed on and play was then restarted with a throw on.....which Kelly took. :roll:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 26 Oct 2013 19:02

Pearce/Moro pumping the ball up to LeFondre when he was up against Shittu ...... what the actual f*ck was that about? :roll:
He rightly went mental at Pearce towards the end of the first half.

Everything we did right last week we steadfastly refused to do today. Adkins' subs and tactical changes in the second were just :shock:
Last edited by John Madejski's Wallet on 26 Oct 2013 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

Divvy

by Divvy » 26 Oct 2013 19:03

Millwall ladies wanting some during the game..

Millwall ladies on their way to the buses..

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 26 Oct 2013 19:03

:lol:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 26 Oct 2013 19:04

lol

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 26 Oct 2013 19:08

Over 60's rushing to the front of the stand to threaten to slit teenagers throats.

The game itself was disappointing. We reverted to too many long balls. Why we couldn't be patient in possession and create space, I don't know.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 26 Oct 2013 19:16

We got away with it last week but this week we were made to pay for taking the foot of the gas and almost expecting to coast to victory.

The wingers need to start running forwards, as Adkins says mcleary can be unplayable but not when he stops and passes backwards every time.

We should be putting teams like this to the sword and could have done if the players attitude didn't change as soon as we scored.

Attack, attack, attack!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Oct 2013 19:19

Dreadful game. We are just too complacent and lack that killer instinct. Quite clearly 2 easy points lost. Not good enough.

Game was crying out for someone to just run with ball at Shittu. Wing play non existent at times. Sooner Drenthe, Williams and Sharp in the mix the better.

Best performance = man in the green jumper

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2013 19:22

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal
RoyalBlue Well that was extremely poor and shows what happens when Guthrie doesn't perform/a team prevents him from performing (although I don't agree with IR view that he was lazy - I thought he worked hard throughout). Too often we reverted to the long ball - it's clearly going to take Adkins a long time to stop the players automatically regressing to that approach when things aren't going well.

And before the Federici lynchmob string him up, it was a mistake by him that cost us today, it was the miss from ALF. 2-0 up and the team would have relaxed a bit more and would probably have reverted to the decent football that has been winning them games. Even had Feds then made a 'mistake' we would have had the cushion of another goal. As it was, he still made a couple of very decent saves (and yes, I know that's his job) to keep us in the game until injury time.

Oh, and whilst IR thinks we should have had a penalty for a hold on Morrison we definitely should have had one for the handball just prior to the shot from Pearce that was really well saved by their keeper.

I didn't say Guthrie was lazy. I said his passing was lazy. There's a difference.

Accepted, although disagree with your assessment using that interpretation too! And what do you mean by lazy on the overrun?
Lazy in the pass, and overrun in midfield by Millwall. Better?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Oct 2013 19:35

paultheroyal Dreadful game. We are just too complacent and lack that killer instinct. Quite clearly 2 easy points lost. Not good enough.

Game was crying out for someone to just run with ball at Shittu. Wing play non existent at times. Sooner Drenthe, Williams and Sharp in the mix the better.

Top marks for him for perseverance in the face of shouts of pedo and for his exaggerated throat slitting gesture - what a gent!

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Oct 2013 19:35

bcubed
paultheroyal Dreadful game. We are just too complacent and lack that killer instinct. Quite clearly 2 easy points lost. Not good enough.

Top marks for him for perseverance in the face of shouts of pedo and for his exaggerated throat slitting gesture - what a gent!

Or did you mean the keeper?!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Oct 2013 19:38

I've now realised why there were fewer timewarp animals in the Millwall support today. They were staying home at The Den ready for a full scale assault on the Welsh supporters at tonight's game!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Oct 2013 19:59

Just like last week we had a good start but lost our momentum but unlike last week we didn't get it back and suffered. Looked like we got away with it and then gave away the penalty but really we should have done more to win it by that stage. On the positive side, told the guy behind me where to go after years of listening to him constantly slagging the players off every moment of every game.

Feds 6.5 Good save from the 1 on 1 in the first half. As others have said not much he could do about the penalty.

Gunter 6.5 Still prone to lapses but did ok.
Morrison 7 Scored the goal and was solid throughout.
Pearce 6 Seems to be struggling atm
Bridge 8 Shame he went off. Attacked and defended well including a couple of covering tackles. MOM

Guthrie 5 Started well then went out of the game. His match was summed up in the second half when he did well to intercept the ball and instead of running into the open space in front of him cut to the right and lost the ball immediately to a Millwall player.
Baird 5 Same as Danny boy. Lost control of Midfield.
McCleary 5 Not his best game today needs to have the belief to run at his defender more.
Obita 6 Much like McCleary needs to try to commit the defenders more as the one time he did run at them he got past with some excellent footwork.

Alf 5 Anonymous for most of the game should have scored early in the 2nd half after a cross by Obita.
Pog 7 Held it up well at times although not quite as well as last week.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Oct 2013 20:11

Aka Peedo

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Oct 2013 20:13

That is the amount of shots Alf has per game. For any side that is a poor stat for a striker to have. Yes he missed a sitter today, but it is clear that we lack creativity

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2013 20:21

One more thing. Our throw Ins were symptomatic of what was wrong. Slow ponderous predictable and no movement. Must do better at this sort of basics

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 26 Oct 2013 20:30

sandman
Westwood52 That was very poor and Millwall deserved a draw-they well organised, worked hard but had little threat up front-we on the other hand just sleep walked through the game. It seems stop Guthrie and you stop Reading.

Feds: 5 Had little choice on the penalty, just to slow and for once his kicking was inaccurate.

Gunter : 6 As usual kept going after a clattering, but little quality.
Bridge : 7 MOM but thats not saying much.
Morro : 5 Indecisive but good goal.
Pierce : 4 Partly to blame for the goal.
Guthrie : 6 If he doesnt have time & space Reading don't play on the front foot-seemed short of ideas
Baird : 6 As usual a very safe performance-but lacks creativity
Mcleery : 5 Not his usual self-switched off for long periods of the game
Alf : 6 Missed a good chance to bury Millwall and just did not look sharp
Pog : 7 Worked very hard but two tough centre backs outmatched him.
Obita : 4 Apart from one brilliant piece of play too often looked out of his depth

Mc Anuff : 6 Pretty average
Kanu : 6 Little impact
Kelly : 6 Looked very rusty

Adkins seemed unable to influence our performance

Linos good- once again Ref clueless-worse than Durso.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/team/player-profile/

Player Profiles. Should give you a clue on how to spell their names.

Picky picky picky

163 posts