Back from the game as soon as SWFC

177 posts
Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game as soon as SWFC

by Gordons Cumming » 02 Nov 2013 18:20

What was most lacking in that performance was guts!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 02 Nov 2013 18:23

Nobby Losing is one thing but listening to Adkins on Radio Berks waffling on about nothing is an insult.

Agreed

All he should have said was.....................

Apologies to everyone who went. (He even criticized the away attendance! :shock: )

No excuses.

Poor performance all around.

Can't have too many of them if we're to achieve our aims.

We'll do better next time.

Sorry again.

That's what he should have said.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 02 Nov 2013 18:26

Gordons Cumming
Nobby Losing is one thing but listening to Adkins on Radio Berks waffling on about nothing is an insult.

Agreed

All he should have said was.....................

Apologies to everyone who went. (He even criticized the away attendance! :shock: )

No excuses.

Poor performance all around.

Can't have too many of them if we're to achieve our aims.

We'll do better next time.

Sorry again.

That's what he should have said.

some of us would like to know what he actually did say

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 02 Nov 2013 18:29

Playing shit football, signing duds and getting average results is one thing but if he starts on the fans it will only end one way for Adkins.

Unless that is what he wants.

What did he actually say?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Nov 2013 18:39

Left after the 5th goal, so just got home.

Going forward we actually looked good. Adkins needs to persist with 4231/433 and not panic back to 442, i actually think the team shape today with Bridge & Drenthe coming in for Kelly & Obita would be the best line up. Would be nice for some of our signings to actually be fit. Quite clear that Bridge is oxf*rd and is in the last year of his career. We need cover at Left back. Kelly was awful today, but hes a right back. Also dont think Morrison should be club captain, not a leader.

POG & Gunter our best players. No goals came from down the right and Gunter should have 2 assists if Robson-Kanu had not have missed a sitter at 3-1.

The squad quite clearly needed more investment. Where the oxf*rd is Anton.

ratings

McCarthy- 6
Gunter- 8
Kelly- 3
Pearce- 5
Morrison- 5
Baird- 5
Guthrie- 6
McCleary- 6
Obita- 6
Robson Kanu- 7
Pog- 9

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 02 Nov 2013 18:42

He said " Reading Fans are total cnunts" and "he will happily take each and everyone of them ON 1 on 1 in a fisty cuffs extravaganza until the death "

Read into that what you will :|

yuuichi

by yuuichi » 02 Nov 2013 18:44

I managed to record the first 1/3 of the interview:

TD: OK, Nigel, was that a nightmare?

NA: erm, you know what, the annoying thing is i actually think we did alright in the first half. I think we passed the ball, and it's hard when, you know there's not many of our supporters here, and to those who did come, we appreciate that. In the first half of the game, we started the game really well, and i think that the front 4 looked a threat. From 20 mins, the first goal lead gives the game a different complexion, and then we're back on the front foot, causing them problems. For me, we're passing the ball, and creating a lot of opportunities. As for Antonio, everyone will remember the period he'd had at reading, umm...you know, he gets too much freedom to get a long range shot off and from 2 nil, we think hmm there we go, but again i think we were in good possession of the football, we moved the ball out, we looked a threat. Pav scores a good goal, he looked a threat, i thought Pav worked really hard all day today and in the first half especially, there was good link-up play, we were strong...

i then pressed the 'stop' button on my radio by accident and lost the recording, but you kind of get that he doesn't really say much.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Nov 2013 18:46

yuuichi I managed to record the first 1/3 of the interview:

NA: erm, you know what, the annoying thing is i actually think we did alright in the first half. I think we passed the ball, and it's hard when, you know there's not many of our supporters here, and to those who did come, we appreciate that. In the first half of the game, we started the game really well, and i think that the front 4 looked a threat. From 20 mins, the first goal lead gives the game a different complexion, and then we're back on the front foot, causing them problems. For me, we're passing the ball, and creating a lot of opportunities. As for Antonio, everyone will remember the period he'd had at reading, umm...you know, he gets too much freedom to get a long range shot off and from 2 nil, we think hmm there we go, but again i think we were in good possession of the football, we moved the ball out, we looked a threat. Pav scores a good goal, he looked a threat, i thought Pav worked really hard all day today and in the first half especially, there was good link-up play, we were strong...

i then pressed the 'stop' button on my radio by accident and lost the recording, but you kind of get that he doesn't really say much.

Agree with what he is saying.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 02 Nov 2013 18:48

yuuichi I managed to record the first 1/3 of the interview:

Reminds me somewhat of Brendan during his short spell in the same job...

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 02 Nov 2013 18:50

He's a teacher's worst nightmare.
Writes a 10,000 word:
"This happened, and then that happened. And then that happened , and then this happened".

Besides not bothering to analyse/explain why so and so happened, his descriptions of what happened aren't even that accurate.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Nov 2013 18:55

Are we down yet?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 02 Nov 2013 18:57

P!ssed Off He's a teacher's worst nightmare.
Writes a 10,000 word:
"This happened, and then that happened. And then that happened , and then this happened".

Besides not bothering to analyse/explain why so and so happened, his descriptions of what happened aren't even that accurate.

Spot on.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 02 Nov 2013 19:22

Did he really make a comment about there not being many Reading fans at the game, as if that some how contributed to us getting dicked by a previously winless team?

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 02 Nov 2013 19:26

southbank1871 Did he really make a comment about there not being many Reading fans at the game, as if that some how contributed to us getting dicked by a previously winless team?

"Listen, a 5-2 scoreline is not good for anyone and I'm not hiding behind anything. It's unfortunate for the supporters who travelled up, there weren't many of our fans here but we appreciate all of them."

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 02 Nov 2013 19:31

It was more the "it's hard when, you know there's not many of our supporters here" bit.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Nov 2013 19:36

southbank1871 It was more the "it's hard when, you know there's not many of our supporters here" bit.

Yep :|

What a peculiar and desperate comment. Dead man walking tbh.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 02 Nov 2013 19:41

floyd__streete
southbank1871 It was more the "it's hard when, you know there's not many of our supporters here" bit.

Agreed Floyd. Reading fans are no different to any others, once a Manager starts dissing them and deflecting the blame for his own mistakes onto them he might as well walk as he'll never ever regain any respect he might previously have had from them.

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 02 Nov 2013 19:43

I'm firmly behind NA and believe we'll come good this season. But the supporters comment is a bit odd. I mean would he honestly give up his Saturday, travel hours and pay a sizeable amount of money to watch that shit if it wasn't his job?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Nov 2013 19:44

floyd__streete

yeah lets fire him because we are only 5th.. I suppose Watford should fire their manager too? Why not Forrest while were at it..

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 02 Nov 2013 19:49

Gunter is a tool, the quicker NA realises it should be kelly at rb and bridge at lb the better.

177 posts