Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Buyout

by Uke » 24 Nov 2013 10:28

under the tin
CholseyRoyal I don't know if it has been stated above but Mick Gooding let it slip today on Radio Berks, that he had had a chat with SJM regarding the share situation a week or so ago and Sir John was certainly NOT happy at all with the non payment for his 49% share holding.

Whether SJM would behave in a way to get back at Anton by not paying out bonuses for Drenthe to play, for example, I don't know but no doubt the Club is not a happy place to be right now.

I heard that comment, too. In the post match stuff, Tim also mentioned that he felt that Adkins had been "let down" in terms of transfers. He did not elaborate further. An odd comment comment to make, without substantiating it, I thought.
Tim, Mick, and Ady have connections with the club stretching back decades. It is obvious that they know much more than they can share publicly. I reckon more little bits of information will trickle out over the coming weeks. A lot of the post match discussion centred on why Sharp remained on the bench throughout another toothless attacking performance. When asked this question directly, Adkins went out of his way to dodge answering it.

Footballers wages are made up by a number of factors, we all know this much. Basic money, then things on top like bonuses for being in the squad, appearance money for making it on to the pitch, clean sheet bonus, goal scoring bonus, etc.
Selection policy being determined by monetary considerations is not without precedent at Reading. If the TSI "new money" has not been forthcoming, then Sir John has little option but to keep running a tight ship.

SRM now has to run an even tighter ship than we had before while having to meet commitments agreed to by the Русский Кабал such as the training ground, salaries, appearance fees, etc.

These may have been possible earlier in the season when the money was due to arrive and spent as such

But as a result we are now further up the financial shit creek until AZ finally FIFOs

LOL @ fit and proper tests

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 24 Nov 2013 10:35

AZ is fit and proper. JM is a fool for not putting in clauses on non payment. As I said in an earlier post AZ prefers to spend his money at the club in a different way and there is nothing JM can do about it.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 24 Nov 2013 10:47

PistolPete AZ is fit and proper. JM is a fool for not putting in clauses on non payment. As I said in an earlier post AZ prefers to spend his money at the club in a different way and there is nothing JM can do about it.

His wife is fit and he is "proper loaded"

Explain F+P?

Surely it means having a track record in business?

Or does it mean "Daddy is rich"?

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 24 Nov 2013 10:53

PistolPete AZ is fit and proper. JM is a fool for not putting in clauses on non payment. As I said in an earlier post AZ prefers to spend his money at the club in a different way and there is nothing JM can do about it.

I cannot see any basis for this to be correct or any evidence to show it either?.

AZ is not nor ever was 'fit and proper' as he did not have the second payment of 14m. He only had a commitment to pay which he subsequently reneged on. .SJM is certainly not a fool and there would/should have been clauses put in by his lawyers -if not then they are the 'fools' as that is what they are paid to do.

SJM wants out and has done for years, this was his first real opportunity to go and he took it. SJM based the deal on trust as he is old school and if the chap promised the second phase would be forthcoming on the agreed date then he trusted him. Foolish in some eyes but again he is honourable.
The club is run at a loss and that loss is expected to be picked up by the Russians until the remaining money is found (God forbid this happens as it would mean disaster for the club IMHO) or as both now prefer, the full 100% is sold on. If no buyer is found the 51% is returned at a peppercorn fee sometime mid next year...If that happens then SJM starts the whole search again, either way AZ and SJM will be gone as soon as the above happens

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 24 Nov 2013 10:56

This is not going to end well for RFC. We need SJM more than ever now. Something is very, very wrong at the club and it's clear AW/MG and TD know a lot more than they are allowed to tell.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 24 Nov 2013 11:14

I have heard that AZ is wanted on money laundering charges in the US. I assume there could be some extradition agreement in place with the UK over that.
If this is true then i reckon we will never see the Guy again.

Have also heard that the 51% hasnt been paid for either. I guess there are only two people who know the truth, one of those is probably humdreds of miles away tucked up in bed with some fit tart in love with his wallet and the other is Russian....

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 24 Nov 2013 11:40

How can he be fit and proper if he's guilty of, as you say, non-payment? The two statements are contradictory. Ridiculous statement to make.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 24 Nov 2013 11:54

Pepe the Horseman If Sharp not playing was anything to do with appearance fees then he wouldn't have brought him on for five mins against QPR and two mins against Barnsley. He'll start on Friday.

But that surely depends on how appearance fees are calculated. I have no idea but maybe the player has to play for a minimum of ten minutes to qualify for example. Maybe someone ITK could put me right.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 24 Nov 2013 14:33

loyalroyaldaz I have heard that AZ is wanted on money laundering charges in the US. I assume there could be some extradition agreement in place with the UK over that.
If this is true then i reckon we will never see the Guy again.

Have also heard that the 51% hasnt been paid for either. I guess there are only two people who know the truth, one of those is probably humdreds of miles away tucked up in bed with some fit tart in love with his wallet and the other is Russian....

Anton is MD of the battery company his father owns in Miami
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id ... %3Aprimary

afaik there are no money laundering action against Az as that would be what the front man is there for

http://www.fisherislandbankruptcy.com/n ... laundering

as regards the non payment of the 51% that isn't correct as this would have come to a head 18 months ago so I wouldn't believe that. No it's payment of the remaining 49% which is the bone of contention

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Nov 2013 16:32

The money for the 51% goes straight into SJM's pocket, shirley? It's not money going into the club....ergo we have no money, other than anything we get from parachute payments - if we're also committed to buying this new training ground, there will be even less money to buy the players we need in January and way into the future, I should imagine. :cry:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 Nov 2013 16:39

Royal Lady The money for the 51% goes straight into SJM's pocket, shirley? It's not money going into the club....ergo we have no money, other than anything we get from parachute payments - if we're also committed to buying this new training ground, there will be even less money to buy the players we need in January and way into the future, I should imagine. :cry:

W'e not committed to the new training ground. We have only verbally agreed to purchase the land.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 24 Nov 2013 17:42

Williams played a half yesterday though, and he was a Samuelson signing. Perhaps his bonuses aren't as big as Drenthe's (who conveniently picked up another knock in training according to the OS).

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Nov 2013 17:57

SPARTA
Royal Lady The money for the 51% goes straight into SJM's pocket, shirley? It's not money going into the club....ergo we have no money, other than anything we get from parachute payments - if we're also committed to buying this new training ground, there will be even less money to buy the players we need in January and way into the future, I should imagine. :cry:

W'e not committed to the new training ground. We have only verbally agreed to purchase the land.

Good. That's why I said "IF".

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 24 Nov 2013 18:26

loyalroyaldaz I have heard that AZ is wanted on money laundering charges in the US.

Source ?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Nov 2013 18:29

SPARTA

No, this isn't true.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 24 Nov 2013 18:57

multisync1830 Anton is MD of the battery company his father owns in Miami

afaik there are no money laundering action against Az as that would be what the front man is there for

as regards the non payment of the 51% that isn't correct as this would have come to a head 18 months ago so I wouldn't believe that. No it's payment of the remaining 49% which is the bone of contention

Lol at that Linkedin "CV" possibly the worst ever written?

That says he's in Business Development, that is not the Managing Director. He's a salesman.

Also corruption and laundering cases are notorious for taking a long time to bring to court and for their complexity.

If Anton was the MD of Ener1 it appears Daddy also bailed him out there too http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=314722

EDIT: The screw up happened on Anton's watch - he was VP Operations in 2007. One year after graduating.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012 ... chnology/3

Maybe daddy's had enough? Or maybe daddy can't be seen to be shifting large sums of cash out of Mother Russia for a while?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 24 Nov 2013 19:15

winchester_royal
SPARTA

No, this isn't true.

Then the press reports are wrong, and I'm sure the club also said a verbal agreement was in place but it was dependent on planning permission. Locals to the golf course also say there are other things still in the way, such as protected trees... No signed agreement yet, only a gentlemans agreement.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 24 Nov 2013 20:37

Uke
multisync1830 Anton is MD of the battery company his father owns in Miami

Lol at that Linkedin "CV" possibly the worst ever written?

That says he's in Business Development, that is not the Managing Director. He's a salesman.

Also corruption and laundering cases are notorious for taking a long time to bring to court and for their complexity.

If Anton was the MD of Ener1 it appears Daddy also bailed him out there too http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=314722

EDIT: The screw up happened on Anton's watch - he was VP Operations in 2007. One year after graduating.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012 ... chnology/3

Maybe daddy's had enough? Or maybe daddy can't be seen to be shifting large sums of cash out of Mother Russia for a while?

It is entirely possible Daddy has lost faith in sonny boy and is only willing to bail him out until the club is sold. The cold hard facts of running a football club is that it's a money pit and even this tidy ship is shipping at least 2m a year at it's current rate. that will only increase as the parachute payments diminish unless promotion is secured and sadly -as that cannot be guaranteed- it becomes a very risky and expensive business - ask the Venky's

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 24 Nov 2013 20:40

How do we know 'daddy' has put one single penny in??? The Sky money has almost certainly covered everything so far, minus the initial £51% purchase of the club.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 24 Nov 2013 20:58

daddy's money was used to fund the initial purchase, but AZ had to find the rest to "prove" himself to daddy that he's a "serious" businessman. AZ failed, hence no purchase of the remaining 49%. AZ is done at Reading FC, and there's no money coming from any source in Russia. We will be tightening the purse strings in January.

8684 posts