Forest Match Thread - Sponsored By Paxo Stuffing

508 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Forest Match Thread - Sponsored By Paxo Stuffing

by winchester_royal » 02 Dec 2013 12:55

Disagreed, but can understand why the referee made the call.

The first yellow however was a complete joke.

DandyRoyal

by DandyRoyal » 02 Dec 2013 12:56

At the time at the ground I thought it was a definite yellow to be honest (and it was right in front of us), and replays haven't changed my mind. It was an accident but he still brought him down, the Forest player got his body in a good position goalside, Gunter messed up the header and then his legs tangled when the Forest player would have otherwise been controlling the ball. First yellow was a joke though - not impressed with Cox and Reid and their constant haranguing of the referee.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Dec 2013 12:57

DandyRoyal It was an accident but he still brought him down, the Forest player got his body in a good position goalside, Gunter messed up the header and then his legs tangled when the Forest player

Spot on in your assesment.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Dec 2013 13:45

floyd__streete
DandyRoyal It was an accident but he still brought him down, the Forest player got his body in a good position goalside, Gunter messed up the header and then his legs tangled when the Forest player

Your hate for Gunter is embarassing. Best right back in the league. I reckon 30k Forest fans would also agree. Alot of people could not cope with our bad start last year so needed someone to hate.. Gunter. He was poor at times last season, but he was playing in a poor team that left him exposed. Been class this season, as expected. Do one.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Dec 2013 13:48

Shame for the Adkins haters that has got his players coming back. We will be fine. Controlled that first 45 mins at Forest, with football that was pleasing on the eye. Early days but the signs are there. Patience needed.

Danny Williams made all the difference

Also, Gorkks :roll: :oops: ... Terrible
Last edited by LoyalRoyal22 on 02 Dec 2013 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

Cypry

by Cypry » 02 Dec 2013 13:49

floyd__streete

But still not a yellow - yes, Gunter brought him down, but the player was behind Gunter and it was not much more than an accidental tangle of legs; it is probably best interpreted as careless play, which is not a cautionable offence in the laws of the game.....

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 02 Dec 2013 13:51

LoyalRoyal22 Also, Gorkks :roll: :oops: ... Terrible

lolwut

Finally saw signs of the Gorkss of old

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Dec 2013 14:51

LoyalRoyal22 Your hate for Gunter is embarassing. Best right back in the league. I reckon 30k Forest fans would also agree. Alot of people could not cope with our bad start last year so needed someone to hate.. Gunter. He was poor at times last season, but he was playing in a poor team that left him exposed. Been class this season, as expected. Do one.

30k Forest fans also booed MacLeary.....and were silenced when his driving run and cross set up our first goal. So I wouldn't necessarily pay much attention as to their opinion of what makes a good player :!:

Meanwhile, back on Planet Reality the sending off which came as a result of his own poor play was just one of a number of Gunter FAILs this season. Time and time again this season I have seen us give away chances at the our far right post as a result of Gunter's positional ineptitude. Still, you go ahead and close your eyes to it.....much as Gunter himself seems to do, in fact :!:

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Dec 2013 14:54

floyd__streete
LoyalRoyal22 Your hate for Gunter is embarassing. Best right back in the league. I reckon 30k Forest fans would also agree. Alot of people could not cope with our bad start last year so needed someone to hate.. Gunter. He was poor at times last season, but he was playing in a poor team that left him exposed. Been class this season, as expected. Do one.

30k Forest fans also booed MacLeary.....and were silenced when his driving run and cross set up our first goal. So I wouldn't necessarily pay much attention as to their opinion of what makes a good player :!:

Meanwhile, back on Planet Reality the sending off which came as a result of his own poor play was just one of a number of Gunter FAILs this season. Time and time again this season I have seen us give away chances at the our far right post as a result of Gunter's positional ineptitude. Still, you go ahead and close your eyes to it.....much as Gunter himself seems to do, in fact :!:

They were booing McCleary as he only delivered for Forest for 6 months and then left for a better contract, had no reflection on his ability.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Dec 2013 14:55

winchester_royal

lolwut

Excuse me?

He slipped for the first Forest goal, second one he was skilled by Darius Henderson who just walked past him. His was all over the place when Forest had that spell after half time. I was delighted he scored but dont let it cloud your judement.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Dec 2013 16:14

LoyalRoyal22 They were booing McCleary as he only delivered for Forest for 6 months and then left for a Premer League team, had no reflection on his ability.

Boo, Long, Boo :!:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 02 Dec 2013 16:32

LoyalRoyal22
winchester_royal

lolwut

Excuse me?

He slipped for the first Forest goal, second one he was skilled by Darius Henderson who just walked past him. His was all over the place when Forest had that spell after half time. I was delighted he scored but dont let it cloud your judement.

I'm not. The first he slipped, hardly a defensive calamity just bad luck, and Henderson waltzed past a number of defenders and was up to full speed by the time he reached Gorkss. Not gr8 defending, but again hardly the calamitous goof we've been used to over the past 18 months.

Aside from their 2 goals, and for all their pressure in the first 20 mins of the second half, Forest didn't really breach us. We held a decent attacking force at bay and Gorkss had a big part to play in that. He was dominant in the air and has a decent understanding with a Pearce, the type of understanding that has alluded us when Morrison has been partnered with him. Kaspars and Alex have now played 180 minutes together in 2 tough away games against the division's leading individual goalscorer, and a team that was in 4th place prior to the weekend's games, and have only conceded 2 goals.

That's what my 'judgement' is based on.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Dec 2013 16:34

Yeah well, you can prove anything with facts

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Dec 2013 18:04

He also slipped twice in the opening minutes against QPR which nearly costed us a goal. Bad luck again?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 02 Dec 2013 21:59

He always falls over. Because he's not very good.

I actually like Gorkss and he deserves respect but we're not winning the league with him playing centre half for the whole of this season.

DandyRoyal

by DandyRoyal » 03 Dec 2013 11:10

Maguire He always falls over. Because he's not very good.

I actually like Gorkss and he deserves respect but we're not winning the league with him playing centre half for the whole of this season.

Gorkss made 40+ appearances for the team that won the league in 2 of the last 3 seasons. He is a fantastic player at this level.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Dec 2013 11:29

Cypry
floyd__streete

But still not a yellow - yes, Gunter brought him down, but the player was behind Gunter and it was not much more than an accidental tangle of legs; it is probably best interpreted as careless play, which is not a cautionable offence in the laws of the game.....

Quite

Agreed with others that he falls over too much but no yellow

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Dec 2013 11:56

DandyRoyal

Gorkss made 40+ appearances for the team that won the league in 2 of the last 3 seasons. He is a fantastic player at this level.

I know he did, which is why I used the phrase "this season".

He looks a lesser player than 2 seasons ago, understandably. Perhaps he will play himself into great form.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 03 Dec 2013 17:47

Maguire I actually like Gorkss and he deserves respect but we're not winning the league with him playing centre half for the whole of this season.

How are we winning the league?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Dec 2013 17:55

DandyRoyal

was

508 posts