13%
Ownership
20%
Other
6%

Total votes: 160
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: What's to blame?

by ZacNaloen » 08 Jan 2014 17:14

Saw it on Twitter, immediately thought of that post :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Jan 2014 18:08

Funny how people who think they are more intelligent than they actually are can't see what's right in front of their face. Nigel Adkins is intelligent he's also arrogant and his philosophy doesn't and won't work here unless he changes.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Jan 2014 19:23

ZacNaloen
sandman It's not knee jerk. He's not good enough for this club, doesn't fit in and never will. Too smarmy.

Why is intelligence often mistaken for arrogance by the grossly unintelligent/uneducated and unctuously pious?

It's the confidence that comes from intelligence they mistake for arrogance

They also confuse assertion with aggression

marekisgod

by marekisgod » 08 Jan 2014 19:55

I cannot understand why after the Watford home game where we tore them apart in the first half , NA abandoned the team formation / tactics ............

He played the POG with ALF of him and DRENTHE had a free role where he roamed around causing havoc , and i know we drew the game but it was down to mainly lack of experience in the tactics and DRENTHE's lack of fitness early season .....

Since that game we have been rudderless .

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2014 19:58

Good as it was

We didn't actually win (as you say)

marekisgod

by marekisgod » 08 Jan 2014 20:03

AthleticoSpizz Good as it was

We didn't actually win (as you say)

But arguably our best performance and we have never played the same team/formation again !

We might not keep too many clean sheets but goals/chances will be scored .........et al Man City

When was the last time you came away from a game saying ' we should've had a hatful with the chances we created' ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2014 20:07

Would rather see a "netful"

But you are right...its been a very very long time

Only defence since the watford thing, is the injuries that we have had to deal with....but all clubs have the same dilemma

marekisgod

by marekisgod » 08 Jan 2014 20:12

As an aside DRENTHE is only effective whilst on the ball and stuck on the wing is a waste , you have to let him do his own thing im afraid or not play him at all . Its time for NA to grow a pair and just go for it .

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Jan 2014 21:01

marekisgod I cannot understand why after the Watford home game where we tore them apart in the first half , NA abandoned the team formation / tactics ............

He played the POG with ALF of him and DRENTHE had a free role where he roamed around causing havoc , and i know we drew the game but it was down to mainly lack of experience in the tactics and DRENTHE's lack of fitness early season .....

Since that game we have been rudderless .

Pog didn't even play in that game. :|

Karacan scored 2 and Bridge was excellent if that helps.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Jan 2014 21:13

Why do people think Nigel Adkins is intelligent?
He talks just like the typical footballer: Endless cliches and nothing of any substance.
Granted he attempts to sound more intelligent than he actually is. Someone should tell old Nige that repeatedly saying "football" instead of "ball" does not equate to "they'll think you're clever if you use longer words".
His analysis of a game = they did this and then we did that, and then they went and did that.

the taphouse

by the taphouse » 08 Jan 2014 21:24

Haven't been to a game since millwall in october,who was to blame that day? All the players,in a word..Lazy.What does that say about the manager/coach,clueless? I'm still watching on the player waiting4 improvement :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 08 Jan 2014 21:39

P!ssed Off Why do people think Nigel Adkins is intelligent?.

I dunno - maybe it's the degree and the various other assorted qualifications he holds?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Jan 2014 21:51

Platypuss

I dunno - maybe it's the degree and the various other assorted qualifications he holds?

:|
Adkins has a diploma in psychology as well as a degree in physiotherapy from the University of Salford.

Granted, that might make him 'intelligent' in comparison to the average footballer. But are you telling me that if someone in the real world tells you "I've got a diploma in psychology and a degree in physiotherapy from the University of Salford" then you're reaction would be a genuine "You must be intelligent then!"?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 08 Jan 2014 22:25

P!ssed Off
Platypuss

:|
Adkins has a diploma in psychology as well as a degree in physiotherapy from the University of Salford.

Granted, that might make him 'intelligent' in comparison to the average footballer. But are you telling me that if someone in the real world tells you "I've got a diploma in psychology and a degree in physiotherapy from the University of Salford" then you're reaction would be a genuine "You must be intelligent then!"?

Not enough :| in the world.

the taphouse

by the taphouse » 09 Jan 2014 20:16

the BBC are now based in salford I blame them C@NTS!