Obita Transfer to Left Back?

Basingstoke Royal

Re: Obita Transfer to Left Back?

by Basingstoke Royal » 12 Jan 2014 09:41

Dave-Royal Basingstoke royal Obtia is a winger end of ok won't last ok there at LB

Let me explain....

Bridge is first choice left back but is injured.

We dont have a left footed, left sided left back. Kelly is a right back as is cummings.

Anyone that was at the game yesterday will agree that obita is currently the best option for us at left back and was possibly man of the match.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 12 Jan 2014 11:15

Dave-Royal Basingstoke royal Obtia is a winger end of ok won't last ok there at LB

Dave, give Obita the credit for adapting so well to playing in the LB position - a sign of a talented footballer. Add to that the fact that he is probably our most physically fit footballer and we have a great prospect at LB.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2014 11:35

Dave-Royal I do no my football Basingstoke Royal..... ok.. I no bridge is out, !!
but I think Obita good player, he only covering LB untill, he come back.
pepole on here thing I'm not English but I am, ok. I am
new here.

and I no more about the football club any one royal fan on here Basingstoke Royal

Trying way too hard. I've seen enough to decide you're definitely not genuinely stupid or ill, just a wum.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 12 Jan 2014 11:40

Ian Royal
Dave-Royal I do no my football Basingstoke Royal..... ok.. I no bridge is out, !!
new here.

and I no more about the football club any one royal fan on here Basingstoke Royal

Trying way too hard. I've seen enough to decide you're definitely not genuinely stupid or ill, just a wum.

+1

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Jan 2014 12:49

Up until now Obita has looked a player, as others have already said, without a position so good news to hear that he played so well yesterday.
On checking Watford's line-up I see that their speedy winger Anya didn't play so perhaps we should hold fire for a bit until he plays against a winger where he has to defend.
Most full-backs now seem to be wingers that haven''t quite made it in their preferred position (nobody really wants to be a full-back do they?) so Jordan could be another.
A good start by the boy who has been in and around the squad for nearly 3 years now and I would be delighted if he could make this position his own and the good news is that he is left-footed which IMHO is essential to play there as you can count on one hand how many right-footed left--backs have succeeded in the long term.

Shackleton Royal

by Shackleton Royal » 12 Jan 2014 13:14

Royalee Once again, I told you all once we shifted Cummings we'd win. Sorry Atheleticospaz, sandman and co, I'm right yet again.

I don't think anyone would play Cummings if we had a fully fit squad Royalee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But he has such a good chant so, against all of my better judgement, I would start him every week!
Last edited by Shackleton Royal on 12 Jan 2014 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Jan 2014 13:55

If nothing else. It reassuring that if our left back bombs on, we have a left winger capable of dropping back to cover and making a half decent fist of defending.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 12 Jan 2014 14:52

new here.

I've been puzzled by whom Dave-Royal reminds of and finally the penny has dropped, he is Kehaar from Watership Down! AICMFP :wink:

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 12 Jan 2014 15:35

Eaststandman
new here.

I've been puzzled by whom Dave-Royal reminds of and finally the penny has dropped, he is Kehaar from Watership Down! AICMFP :wink:

he reminds me of this autistic kid on my facebook, specifically in the way he speaks.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 12 Jan 2014 15:39

Eaststandman
new here.

I was thinking more Salvatore from "the Name of the Rose".

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 12 Jan 2014 16:30

Obita has come through the academy system and U21's as winger or central midfielder never playing at left back.

Adkins then decides to play Obita in the left back position, strange management tactics with risk.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jan 2014 16:33

The Real Sandhurst Royal Obita has come through the academy system and U21's as winger or central midfielder never playing at left back.

Adkins then decides to play Obita in the left back position, strange management tactics with risk.

He was MOM wasn't he?

Murty was a winger when we signed him, and most Reading fans think he's the best right back we've ever had.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2014 16:42

The Real Sandhurst Royal Obita has come through the academy system and U21's as winger or central midfielder never playing at left back.

Not necessarily. We've no idea what Adkins sees in training or what he has Obita doing there. Plus Obita's come on as a sub and slotted into a defensive role in at least one game and been absolutely fine.

Combine that with his excellent performance yesterday and you'd have to say that the risk was surely not that great. Especially in comparison to Kelly or Cummings, who've both had the opportunity and failed to impress in the position.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 12 Jan 2014 16:51

:|

Pretty clear that they've been working on Obita playing at LB in training for a while, obviously they liked what they saw, and thought it was the right time to put him in a position that has proved a problem for us. Turned out to be the right decision.

By all means criticise NA in regards to the things he's not doing well, but honestly, let's not start slagging him off for making what turned out to be an excellent move eh?

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 12 Jan 2014 17:28

winchester_royal wrote:By all means criticise NA in regards to the things he's not doing well, but honestly, let's not start slagging him off for making what turned out to be an excellent move eh?

The risk Adkins has taken with Obita is in his favour at this moment in time. When Obita is put under pressure by a winger with pace, lets see how well he copes with blocking the cross and making the timely tackle. If he does the job then, I will be the first to give NA credit for his vision to convert Obita in a left back.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 12 Jan 2014 17:34

new here.

:lol:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 12 Jan 2014 18:04

Basingstoke Royal
new here.

:lol:

I love the repeated "I new here ok" :lol:

It must take 4 times as long to write a post in thicko speak. Think I'd get bored quite quickly.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 12 Jan 2014 22:16

new here.

I suggest you get your name down for the half time quiz. You are guaranteed to win yourself some vouchers to spend in the club shop.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Jan 2014 22:21

Basingstoke Royal
new here.

I suggest you get your name down for the half time quiz. You are guaranteed to win yourself some vouchers to spend in the club shop.

I did that a few weeks back...but I ain't Dave Royal!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2014 10:31

Left back until bridge back YES

Left back permanent NO