Reading fan hit by seat - thrown by Reading fan

statto

Re: Reading fan hit by seat - thrown by Reading fan

by statto » 15 Jan 2014 11:20

I'd wager a lot it would've been them that contacted the paper with their story.

I like the suggestion some of the brains on here are making that it was their fault for being at the game, rather than considering the real issue of some scumbag feeling it acceptable to start chucking chairs around.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Jan 2014 17:06

I reckon if you turn up to a Reading match and look annoying you deserve to have a seat thrown at you.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 15 Jan 2014 19:22

2 world wars, 1 world cup I reckon if you turn up to a Reading match and look annoying you deserve to have a seat thrown at you.

We can't afford a big enough chair to hit everyone in the West Stand

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 15 Jan 2014 19:40

2 world wars, 1 world cup I reckon if you turn up to a Reading match and look annoying you deserve to have a seat thrown at you.

Do you think if we keep chucking seats at fans that they will introduce safe standing??

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jan 2014 12:26

Royal Ginger

True. Need to wait for takeover first I guess for funds.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jan 2014 12:26

madreadingfan

Do you think if we keep chucking seats at fans that they will introduce safe standing??

I like it.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 17 Jan 2014 12:41

Well those of us in the West stand can afford one - now shall I lob the giant Chippendale or the Mies van der Rohe into the East stand, you plum.

the taphouse

by the taphouse » 17 Jan 2014 20:14

SLAMMED
TBM

I'm guessing the seat hit him in the mouth?

Shit :lol:

Tony Bampton is the top pundit in the Reading Chronicle...dodgy mouth maybe ....RESPECT from me :oops:

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 18 Jan 2014 07:41

BenReadingFC
Bacon Double Cheese I think I used to stand on the South Bank very near Mr Twin-on-the-right-of-the-photo. We never got hit by any low flying chairs in those days.

The most violent thing I remember happening under the South Bank clock (not a euphemism) was some people nearby always brought along a big bag of torn up paper and threw it in the air as the players came out. If that gets in your eyes it can sting a bit and they could easily have got a really bad paper cut on their fingers. Flares are much safer IMHO.

Note for non ex-Elm Parkers: Despite it being terracing and you could stand where you liked most people would stand in almost the exact same spot match after match so you always saw the same people around you.

I used to get to Elm Park about an hour before kickoff and sit on the South Bank terrace ripping up Argos catologues whilst smoking and turning them in to confetti for when the players came out.

I also used to do this. I use to go with my grandad with a big bag of torn up newspaper or magazines which I'd spent ripping up. I did this at the Mad Stad too for the early years, until they got anal about taking a Virtual Games bag filled with ripped up evening posts into the ground. It was a great atmosphere at Elm Park, it really was and I miss it - although if we did still play there what division realistically would we be in.

We also use to stand in the same spot half way down but not too far from the entrance as my grandad did struggle with walking. Great memories that will live with me forever

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 18 Jan 2014 09:57

the taphouse
SLAMMED
TBM

I'm guessing the seat hit him in the mouth?

Shit :lol:

Tony Bampton is the top pundit in the Reading Chronicle...dodgy mouth maybe ....RESPECT from me :oops:

They were both top players in local football too.