BFTG Derby (H)

131 posts
Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Derby (H)

by Gunny Fishcake » 16 Mar 2014 13:23

Another big dollop of home crap....topped by Alfie's pathetic handball when the ball was closer to his head !

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Mar 2014 13:53

Ward's a great player. Always seems to have a good game against us. Certainly looked a hell of a lot more dangerous than Badger from Breaking Bad.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Mar 2014 13:57

Pepe the Horseman Ward's a great player. Always seems to have a good game against us. Certainly looked a hell of a lot more dangerous than Badger from Breaking Bad.

Could you break that down for those who don't watch incredibly overrated TV shows?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Mar 2014 14:17

The bloke upfront for Derby looked like Badger from Breaking Bad.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Mar 2014 15:19

sandman
Pepe the Horseman Ward's a great player. Always seems to have a good game against us. Certainly looked a hell of a lot more dangerous than Badger from Breaking Bad.

Could you break that down for those who don't watch incredibly overrated TV shows?

Is there anything other than feds and bri you don't dislike you little ray of sunshine?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Mar 2014 15:23

F[u]ck off you armchair dwelling knob and stop sticking your nose into everybody else's business.
Last edited by sandman on 16 Mar 2014 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Mar 2014 15:25

bobby1413 Listening to BBCRB before and Tim and Ady said:

"If he's (Pog) on the bench then he's fit. He's either fit or he's not."

To a large extent I agree as he's still taking a place on the bench.

Listening after and I was shocked to hear Adkins say Pog isn't fit. Why then is he on the bench?

Because the transfer funding Madejski said would be there wasn't forthcoming and, as a direct consequence, Adkins is left with bugger all options when it comes to experienced strikers at this level.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 16 Mar 2014 15:45

sandman F[u]ck off you armchair dwelling knob and stop sticking your nose into everybody else's business.

I take it Ian Royal isn't very popular? He does seem the type to listen to games on the radio, and then make dubious judgements as a result.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Mar 2014 15:53

Mr.Swainey
sandman F[u]ck off you armchair dwelling knob and stop sticking your nose into everybody else's business.

I take it Ian Royal isn't very popular? He does seem the type to listen to games on the radio, and then make dubious judgements as a result.

[img]
http://yew360.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... earman.jpg[/img]

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Mar 2014 15:53

Mr.Swainey

:lol: someone's got a new username.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 16 Mar 2014 19:18

:lol:

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 17 Mar 2014 11:21

GMac had a Jimmy Kebe game. Did absolutely nothing, looked largely terrible, but also set up all of our best chances and looked our most dangerous outlet.

Drenthe good in patches. Like everyone else, I desperately want to see him do well, which I think results in RTGs being worn. First half good, second half he barely touched the ball. To be an unfit professional footballer is unforgivable for me.

Guthrie continues to flatter to deceive. Is it too much to ask to have a midfielder who can play a through ball? When our wingers aren't singing, we look completely toothless.

Gunter was superb again, played the only through ball of the game when he put Drenthe through.

The rest, meh. Alfie is off form, which is forgivable - but he's needs to sort it asap. HRK is not a striker, Pog has to be the best option for 1 up front?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Mar 2014 11:44

Royal Ginger I think the praise for Drenthe is more about his application. He wasn't shying out of tackles like the rest if the team and he seemed really up for it. His positioning was questionable, but it looked like he basically had a free role. I particularly remember him making a lung busting 40 yard cross-field dash to cover Obita towards the end of the 1st half which summed it all up for me. Lots if passion, lots of effort, but needs a bit more direction.

^^^that

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Mar 2014 11:48

Victor Meldrew
Good to see that somebody else watched the game-Ward IMHO was the stand-out player on the pitch.
Also having listened to Radio Berks and to Adkins after the game I questioned whether I had been to the same game-they thought it was a cracking 0-0 but it is reassuring to come on here to see that they were in the minority and on a beautiful Spring afternoon the football was the only low point.

kind of agree with them tbf- was a pretty decent game, between two evenly matched sides. some good football on display in patches, both teams had chances to win it we should be disappointed that the two far post chances werent finished properly. but in the end a draw was fair, and 0-0 not surprising given our lack of strikers.

if it wasnt for the disappointment of drawing 4 in a row at home, dropping out of the playoffs, and not winning a game when we had two gilt edged chances, id say it was a good 0-0

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 17 Mar 2014 12:16

sorry but to say Drente is not fit is completly inaccurate...

He is an explosive power player, therefore his fitness is in short bursts, he is not someone who is playing up and down the wings of the pitch. hence the bursts of agilty and speed over short distances, tracking back at times etc etc. an out and out 'winger' would be up and down the pitch all day and when Drente plays in these positions do we expect the same??

He is, by far, the most skillful player I have seen in a hooped shirt for a long time, who is able to make players look stupid at the drop of a shoulder. If you did body fat analysis tests on him I would bet my house that it would be pretty close to nill, and that his stocky figure is just made up of pure muscle. the guy is the first to go and pick up anyone in a hooped shiort when things go wrong and is the first to pick up an opposition player when they are fouled. If my child was watching the way he conducts himself on the pitch I would be very proud.

I hope he is playing in a hooped shirt for many more seasons yet, and i for one am glad that adkins seems to have the trust in him

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 17 Mar 2014 13:19

mikey0406 If you did body fat analysis tests on him I would bet my house that it would be pretty close to nill

I'll take that bet.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Mar 2014 13:23

I actually enjoyed the game. Thought it was one of the better ones I have seen this season and a 0-0 seemed about right to me.

But some of the stuff being written on here is just laughable.

1/ HRK is a much bigger threat than ALF up front. ALF seems to play one month each season (January) but apart from that is very ordinary and missed a couple of sitters. Shame HRK got injured IMO.

2/ McCleary had a good game on Saturday. As the game progressed virtually all our chances cane through him and considering he was injured and then played a fantastic game at Leeds on Tuesday, it was no surprise he started sluggishly. Cannot believe those criticising him as he was a constant threat.

3/ Pog on the bench - Adkins being criticised for this but according to my maths we only had 19 fit players Saturday so the choice was Pog or Cummings on the bench and as we had Kelly on there too Adkins made the right call. And we could not play any of the Under 21's as they were playing in the Cup Semi-Final and it would have been completely unfair to pull them out of that just so one or two could sit on the bench just in the very unlikely event that they would be preferred to the more experienced players.

4/ I thought Blackman did well when he came on and nearly scored with a very difficult volley.

5/ Obita has the makings of an excellent player - very impressed again. But I thought Gunter was the stand out MOTM. He ran his heart out all day, defended well and was a threat going forwards and always links well with McCleary.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Mar 2014 13:31

That was another AWFUL game. For the 4th home game in a row a Reading player has failed to score a goal. For the 3rd time in those 4 home games we've barely forced the opposition goalkeeper into a meaningful save.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 17 Mar 2014 14:38

A truely dreadful game, felt like i was watching 2 relegation threatened teams earn a point that neither deserved.

Spent most of the game with Le Fondre on his own up front, since when has that been a winning formula? Only a complete fcking idiot would send his team out playing that way.

Completely sick of watching decent players (we have a better squad bar possibly 2 teams in this league) serve up utter detirtus. Drenthe is a complete embarassment,as are the cnts that sing his name. Hugely talented but completely runs out of steam after 40 mins. As was said earlier, for a highly paid professional footballer that is totally unacceptable.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Mar 2014 16:35

Tony Le Mesmer A truely dreadful game, felt like i was watching 2 relegation threatened teams earn a point that neither deserved.

Spent most of the game with Le Fondre on his own up front, since when has that been a winning formula? Only a complete fcking idiot would send his team out playing that way.

Completely sick of watching decent players (we have a better squad bar possibly 2 teams in this league) serve up utter detirtus. Drenthe is a complete embarassment,as are the cnts that sing his name. Hugely talented but completely runs out of steam after 40 mins. As was said earlier, for a highly paid professional footballer that is totally unacceptable.

I really don't get the negativity on this game. Were you at the Forest game on NYD. now that truly was awful. I almost wanted to throw myself off Beachy Head after that dire fest but Saturday was an enjoyable game between two equally matched sides.

And after HRK went off injured Adkins only options were to play either ALF or Blackman up front. There would have been uproar on here if he had played Blackman instead of ALF - although as ALF was awful, it might have been the better call. Blackman looked bright when he came on. And Drenthe did well whilst he was on. So what if he ran out of steam - that is what you have subs for.

131 posts