Jason Roberts nearly back

732 posts
TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jason Roberts nearly back

by TFF » 20 Mar 2014 16:40

Depends who is insured - normally the club rather than the player isn't it?

IF there's a policy of course

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Mar 2014 16:44

YateleyRoyal
Elm Park Kid I know that many people were frustrated with Roberts injury but it's not like he had any control over it.

I say thanks to Jason for the excellent half season he gave us that allowed us another shot at the Premier League. Good luck with the future.

I think people are more frustrated with the fact that it was obvious a number of months back that he would never return, but he has sat on the Club's payroll for doing sod all.

Player in doing all he can to try and get back playing again shock :shock: :roll:

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 20 Mar 2014 16:44

IF there's a policy?!

Next, people will be suggesting Anton personally took a hammer to Roberts' knee just to screw the club out of more money.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 20 Mar 2014 16:47

Sutekh
YateleyRoyal
Elm Park Kid I know that many people were frustrated with Roberts injury but it's not like he had any control over it.

I say thanks to Jason for the excellent half season he gave us that allowed us another shot at the Premier League. Good luck with the future.

I think people are more frustrated with the fact that it was obvious a number of months back that he would never return, but he has sat on the Club's payroll for doing sod all.

Player in doing all he can to try and get back playing again shock :shock: :roll:

:|

It was just over 2 months ago that he said he wasn't prepared to announce his retirement officially, even though he knew it was all but over. That's with his reported 30k p/w wages.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 20 Mar 2014 16:48

I was all in support of Roberts trying to come back.

Just I can't believe that he's retired and we are still paying him. I don't think i've heard of situation in football where this has happened. I was sure like RL, that some form of insurance policy would kick in.

Maybe the policy was void, as we agreed an extension while injured..

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Mar 2014 16:52

TFF Depends who is insured - normally the club rather than the player isn't it?

IF there's a policy of course

The club may have taken out a policy which would then cover the player's wages - so he'd still get paid and it wouldn't cost the club anything - but in previous times, I'm sure that players took out their own insurance via the PFA and the club had no more dealings with the player once the insurance kicked in.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 20 Mar 2014 18:16

We should retire the No 33 shirt.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Mar 2014 18:50

No, we should tear an arm off it, half sow it back on, then put it on TV.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 20 Mar 2014 22:31

Three months notice will take him to the end of his contract.

All those who moan about the contract can take heart from realising this was one of the very first contracts put in place by the experts at TSI

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 20 Mar 2014 22:34

I'm not sure how I feel about this, he helped us get back up to the Prem which was nice?

blog post

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 21 Mar 2014 01:19

savage 4 england Am I understanding this correctly? He's retired from playing, but will see out the rest of his contract?

That's very decent of him to eek out a few more months wages. He should of retired last summer, rather than sponge wages off us and build his media career with ridiculous quotes about racism in football.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 21 Mar 2014 07:36

Thanks for playing for RFC Jason Roberts.

When you signed I thought why sign a player who was past his sell by date.

You proved me wrong, you were just what was required to fit straight into the Reading style of play at that time, the rest is history as we came from no where with 15 wins to win the Championship title.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Mar 2014 09:28

He was not a player I enjoyed watching. Yes he made a positive contribution of course, but although I wouldn't call him a diver, it always seemed to me that his first thought was to draw a foul.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 02 Apr 2014 08:53

Qualified as a boardroom director.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26840272

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Apr 2014 09:01

As I put on the Buyout thread, is it just me, or if we are still paying him to the end of the season, shouldn't he still be at least watching and supporting his current team mates in their games, rather than earning loads more dosh commentating on games for 5Live or whatever? :evil:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Apr 2014 09:12

Royal Lady As I put on the Buyout thread, is it just me, or if we are still paying him to the end of the season, shouldn't he still be at least watching and supporting his current team mates in their games, rather than earning loads more dosh commentating on games for 5Live or whatever? :evil:

and as I put on the Buyout thread you would have to assume that any pay from us would be reduced accordingly. Any honest person would also accept that as a reasonable action for the club to take as well.

On the other hand though, how does sick pay work for footballers? Do they get their full pay whilst injured for a long period of time?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 02 Apr 2014 10:47

Royal Lady As I put on the Buyout thread, is it just me, or if we are still paying him to the end of the season, shouldn't he still be at least watching and supporting his current team mates in their games, rather than earning loads more dosh commentating on games for 5Live or whatever? :evil:

Why?

and how do you know he isn't supporting his team mates at the moment?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Apr 2014 11:47

He wasn't at the game on Saturday, he was commentating for 5Live as his twitter feed proved. If we are still paying his extortionate wages, the least he could do, knowing that the club isn't far from its knees money-wise, is to not take the piss and get even more money for doing stuff on match days, when he should be at our games and supporting his team mates. Just my opinion, and one it seems which is in the minority, but this is just plain greedy and sticking two fingers up to the club and fans in my opinion.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 02 Apr 2014 11:54

Royal Lady He wasn't at the game on Saturday, he was commentating for 5Live as his twitter feed proved. If we are still paying his extortionate wages, the least he could do, knowing that the club isn't far from its knees money-wise, is to not take the piss and get even more money for doing stuff on match days, when he should be at our games and supporting his team mates. Just my opinion, and one it seems which is in the minority, but this is just plain greedy and sticking two fingers up to the club and fans in my opinion.

I'm with you on this RL.
The announcement was that he would finish at the end of the season (rather than immediately)-that implies that he will continue to be paid by RFC until then.
In those circumstances I would expect him to be there supporting his team-mates on Match day just as Ledge was.
If however he is no longer being paid by RFC then he can do what he likes but hopefully BBC will drop him as he is f*****g useless.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 02 Apr 2014 12:32

BR2
Royal Lady He wasn't at the game on Saturday, he was commentating for 5Live as his twitter feed proved. If we are still paying his extortionate wages, the least he could do, knowing that the club isn't far from its knees money-wise, is to not take the piss and get even more money for doing stuff on match days, when he should be at our games and supporting his team mates. Just my opinion, and one it seems which is in the minority, but this is just plain greedy and sticking two fingers up to the club and fans in my opinion.

I'm with you on this RL.
The announcement was that he would finish at the end of the season (rather than immediately)-that implies that he will continue to be paid by RFC until then.
In those circumstances I would expect him to be there supporting his team-mates on Match day just as Ledge was.
If however he is no longer being paid by RFC then he can do what he likes but hopefully BBC will drop him as he is f*****g useless.

According to the announcement in the programme for the Barnsley game Roberts is continuing to work for the clubs community dept for the remainder of the contract and presumably they are content with the situation so I don't see any problem.

732 posts