BFTG - Barnsley

302 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Barnsley

by melonhead » 27 Mar 2014 12:36

now they truly are the worst fans.

boo ing the team off, after a win, that probably keeps them up in the prem this year.

what more do they want?
oxf*rd shite arse yo yo club. they should be bloody thankful.
lol at them thinking they somehow deserve top half, and beautiful football.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Mar 2014 12:37

SCIAG
sandman I think we do miss Jem yes but Williams was playing really well before this latest injury happened. Would much rather have Karacan and Williams in midfield next season than Guthrie and an other.

Karacan and Williams might be too similar.

Karacan and Guthrie, Karacan and Williams, Williams and Guthrie, for me.

see what youre sayi8ng

but in my opinion they could both be complete midfielders. and in that case it doesnt matter that they are similar, cos they can both do everything

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 27 Mar 2014 12:40

The reaction on Tuesday was - predictably - a load of fuss about not very much anyway. We had Gorkss being ironically cheered as he finally completed a pass. This isn't Under 10s football, he is a paid professional FFS. Then in the last 20 mins we had a (mild) expression of gallows humour in cheering every pass as we pinned Barnsley back to absolutely zero effect. In between times there was absolute, abject silence. Then chants at the end of the game of "That was embarassing" after a team with one away win all season, a team with a budget vastly inferior to ours, had utterly played us off the park.

Was hardly a poisonous atmosphere was it :|

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Mar 2014 12:42

bcubed
Ian Royal
melonhead
agree with all o that too.

Not keen on it myself, I'll admit to joining in, but only because it was something, anything, to join in with and make some noise in that graveyard.

As most have said, I don't normally agree with seat banging, or yelling abuse at players, particularly early in a game or for their first mistake that day. But I think that performance was bad enough that by the last 10 - 15 minutes it warranted everything it got, even the childish seat banging that normally makes my blood boil.

I'm a big fan of Adkins, but even I can't help but think that the entire club seems disjointed and split on everything and perhaps we need a change to act as a new starting point and unifying force. It's been clear from the start that no matter what he does some would never support him.

This was such an exceptionally bad performance, devoid of any redeeming features, that any crowd reaction is forgiveable. In fact as some have said it was actually very restrained.

I noticed nearly everyone was seated after ten minutes. The atmosphere is always worse when that happens but again whose fault is that. The team was uninspiring and given our recent home form I suspect no one really believed that anything different was going to be served up.

So dont blame the crowd, blame the team for as clueless, hapless and gutless performance as I have ever seen and ever want to see again,

yup. tbf and as has been said- the atmosphere started ok, and was very restrained first half.
with just some lighthearted gorkss teasing, and a few boos/grumbles at half time.

i just dont think what happened in the second half from the crowd is ever going to help things improve. when they actually needed our support, we withdrew it.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 27 Mar 2014 12:59

MmmMonsterMunch
bobby1413
Not trying to defend Adkins here (well perhaps a bit) but they are professional bloody footballers. Regardless of who sits in the dugout, that is a totally & utterly unacceptable, indefensible performance by those players tonight. They should be bloody well ashamed.

I agree, if you're earning £10/20/30k a week you should at least be able to pass the bloody bladder around accurately.

Can see why McLeary and Blackman started switched (for the cut in) but it was clear it wasn't working pretty early on and should have been changed. Everything else was pretty woeful.

McCarthy and Gorkss need to be dropped for Saturday, and probably Gunter too. I don't think we kept possession from a single goal kick whereas Barnsley hardly lost possession from theirs. Gorkss must have had his boots on the wrong feet and Gunter looked like he was confused about which end we were playing from.

Can't see why Drenthe came off for HRK, surely Blackman was the obvious candidate?

I can categorically say that is the worst game of football I have ever watched - and that includes watching my sons team develop over the last 6 years from U7s swarming round the ball like flies round a piece of shit and no idea about space / passing.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 27 Mar 2014 13:38

Does make me laugh at that kind of rhetoric, like there's some kind of sliding scale of behaviour comparison of other clubs and where I should fit in accordingly. What a load of balls. How anyone can really NOT react after seeing that pile of tosh whether that be via booing, mild gesticulation to oneself, or joining in with "that was embarrassing". Personally, I moaned in my own personal space but I stopped short of booing and shook my head at Alex Pearce (when the best thing he did all evening was to applaud the fans and tell US to keep our heads up.)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Mar 2014 14:32

RG7Fan Can't see why Drenthe came off for HRK, surely Blackman was the obvious candidate?

Possibly because Blackman had already been replaced by LeFondu perhaps

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 27 Mar 2014 14:42

Sutekh
RG7Fan Can't see why Drenthe came off for HRK, surely Blackman was the obvious candidate?

That proves how little interest i had in the game...

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 27 Mar 2014 15:03

Sutekh

Nick Blackman - A player so shit we had to substitute him twice just to make sure.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 27 Mar 2014 15:09

Yeah, I hope Nick Blackman's wife goes for a nap in the car after a big argument.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Mar 2014 16:01

RG7Fan
Can't see why Drenthe came off for HRK, surely Blackman was the obvious candidate?

now i love drenthe as much as any man

and i enjoy the odd lol at blackman

but the former was knackered again, and blackman was the only one on the pitch who held the ball up well(edit- and was already off the pitch) :lol:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 27 Mar 2014 17:35

melonhead

now i love drenthe as much as any man

and i enjoy the odd lol at blackman

...but if they came round here, put a blue movie on the telly and started making 'coo' noises at the wife while sitting suggestively upon my 4 seat brown leather corner sofa, I'd say OI. DRENTHE. NO.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 27 Mar 2014 19:21

:lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Mar 2014 20:00

In the past I haven't been the greatest fan of Blackman (understatement!) but during this latter part of the season he has done pretty well.

I am really surprised at the amount of stick that he is getting for Tuesday's game and I reckon it is largely unfair. Yes he opted for the wrong shot option when through on goal but at least he got himself there and he is by no means the only player guilty of poor misses in the last few games. Apart from the miss, I thought he played quite well and worked very hard. At one point during the first half he chased the ball right across the width of the pitch, quickly shutting down Barnsley players in possession. For this he deservedly received a round of applause from the majority of supporters who aren't blinded by a continued prejudice against him and are capable of spotting when he does something good.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 27 Mar 2014 20:10

Sutekh

Who is this LeFondu chap - is he the rumoured new Swiss player?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Mar 2014 21:29

melonhead
i just dont think what happened in the second half from the crowd is ever going to help things improve. when they actually needed our support, we withdrew it.

Nothing was going to help that performance bar the ref blowing his whistle and ending the game. Same as Posh in the cup. There was no point in any substitutions because the entire team was shot. But after the slating he got at London Road for leaving the starting 11 on the pitch he wasn't going to do it again.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Mar 2014 21:32

RoyalBlue In the past I haven't been the greatest fan of Blackman (understatement!) but during this latter part of the season he has done pretty well.

I am really surprised at the amount of stick that he is getting for Tuesday's game and I reckon it is largely unfair. Yes he opted for the wrong shot option when through on goal but at least he got himself there and he is by no means the only player guilty of poor misses in the last few games. Apart from the miss, I thought he played quite well and worked very hard. At one point during the first half he chased the ball right across the width of the pitch, quickly shutting down Barnsley players in possession. For this he deservedly received a round of applause from the majority of supporters who aren't blinded by a continued prejudice against him and are capable of spotting when he does something good.

The difference is other misses have been close or completely mishit shots. He hit it reasonably well just couldn't even begin to direct it when it should have been simple to hit the target.

Not forgetting the good moment of control in the first half only to cock it up massively himself before he could deliver. And those were the only things I can remember him doing all game.

I'm yet to see him play better than anonymously mediocre and I must have seen him a dozen times at least by now.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 28 Mar 2014 07:51

floyd_streete wrote: Its only Reading fans who ber8 the team when they are disatisfied at paying good money to watch a poor performance. "Worst fans in the country" as someone pointed out on this thread. It literally happens nowhere else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26761549

Mark Noble responds to the boos - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26772796

Some great quotes.

"I must admit the anxiety from the stands can spill on to the pitch and get into our minds," said Noble

this is the Reading team all over at home at present they can't stand the build up of pressure from the stands... they are more comfortable paying in front of 800 - 1200 away fans.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 Mar 2014 13:39

Ian Royal
melonhead

Nothing was going to help that performance bar the ref blowing his whistle and ending the game. Same as Posh in the cup. There was no point in any substitutions because the entire team was shot. But after the slating he got at London Road for leaving the starting 11 on the pitch he wasn't going to do it again.

Next time we play like shit we should all cheer and applaud.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Mar 2014 14:15

Extended-Phenotype
Ian Royal
melonhead

Next time we play like shit we should all cheer and applaud.

But when we do it gets slated for being sarcastic

302 posts