Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by MouldyRoyal » 01 Apr 2014 15:24

Yup gotta keep Williams, even if he is on a large wedge.

Let's face it, we're going to lose one of Feds or McCarthy, but both are easily good enough for this level so whoever is left is fine, Taylor to sit on the bench all season.

Try to keep hold of McCleary and Gunter, but probably get rid of Guthrie, Pog and (unfortunately) Drenthe as big earners. Try to move a couple of HRK, Blackman and Akpan off wage bill (no-racisto). Definitely keep Obita if we can (won't be on big wages anyway currently).

Look to bring through Tshibola and Tanner. Taylor and Kuhl filling spots on bench as midfielders as necessary. Need a new striker though which will be a problem.

EDIT: Try to move on one of Gorkss or Pearce and get Hector to sign a new contract. Although I suspect he will refuse and go to Aberdeen...

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 01 Apr 2014 15:45

In my eyes it would be something like:

Total Firesale:

Keep:
Andersen, Akpan, Blackman, Cardwell, Cooper, Cummings, Dvali, Edwards, Griffin, Henly, L.Kelly, S.Kelly (wages, but likely stuck with), Kuhl, Lincoln, Long, Morrison, Pearce (but wages..), Moore, Murombedzi, Samuel, Sweeney, Tanner

Leave:
Arnold (contract expiry), Bridge (contract expiry), Carriço (perm Sevilla), D'Ath (contract expiry), Federici (saleable / wages), Drenthe (saleable / wages), Gunter (saleable / wages), Gorkss (contract expiry), Guthrie (saleable / wages), Hector (contract expiry), Karacan (Galatasaray always interested), Leigertwood (unlikely to renew), Le Fondre (saleable), McAnuff (contract expiry), McCarthy, McCleary (but saleable and will have interest), Obita (PL interest), Pogrebnyak (saleable / wages), Roberts (retired), Robson-Kanu (saleable / wages), J.Taylor (contract expiry) S.Taylor (contract expiry), Tshibola (contract expiry), Ugwu (contract expiry) Williams (saleable / wages)

Limited leeway:

Keep:
Federici, Akpan, Blackman, Cardwell, Cooper, Cummings, Dvali, Edwards, Griffin, Gunter, Hector (if can agree new contract), Henly, Karacan, L.Kelly, S.Kelly (wages but likely stuck with), Kuhl, Lincoln, Long, McAnuff, Morrison, Moore, Murombedzi, Obita, Pearce, Robson-Kanu, Samuel, Sweeney, Tanner, Tshibola, Ugwu, Williams

Leave:
Andersen, Arnold (contract expiry), Bridge (contract expiry), Carriço (perm Sevilla), D'Ath (contract expiry), Drenthe (saleable / wages), Gorkss (contract expiry), Guthrie (saleable / wages), Leigertwood (unlikely to renew), Le Fondre (saleable), McCarthy (saleable), Pogrebnyak (saleable / wages), Roberts (retired), J.Taylor (contract expiry) S.Taylor (contract expiry),

Takeover provides funding / we go up

Keep:
Akpan, Blackman, Cardwell, Cooper, Drenthe, Dvali, Federici, Gorkss*, Griffin+, Gunter, Guthrie, Hector, Henly+, Karacan, L.Kelly, Kuhl, Le Fondre, Lincoln+, Long+, McAnuff*, McCarthy, Morrison, Moore+, Murombedzi+, Obita, Pearce, Pogrebnyak, Robson-Kanu, Samuel+, Sweeney+, Tanner, Tshibola, Ugwu, Williams.

*go if we went up
+ might get loans

We'd probably see a few more youngsters leave / go out on loan / might move some on in January.

Leave:
Andersen, Arnold, Bridge, Carriço, Cummings, D'Ath, Edwards, S.Kelly, Leigertwood, Roberts, J.Taylor, S.Taylor

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 01 Apr 2014 15:58

I'd really hate Karacan to leave

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Apr 2014 16:33

I wonder how much longer we have to pay £800k to Brian per year - did he have 2 years left on his contract? So another year to pay him?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 01 Apr 2014 16:43

:lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2014 17:11

ZacNaloen ^ I have heard (2nd hand mind you, but the original source was someone "close" to the club) we can barely afford/can't afford the wage bill. Things are very tight and Madejski has signed his last cheque. If that is true it suggests, if you take guaranteed income plus what we would normally get for a championship season... it's gotta be around 30-35 million.

Totally Mental, but it's why we are unable to offer any contracts and why we will need to fire sale in the summer.

Remember, we could well have possibly have budgeted on Anton supplementing the Wage bill above and beyond the guaranteed income to the maximum he is allowed, which is 6 million iirc.

Then we really are in the shit without an owner.

It might explain the lacklustre performances too. I'd hate to think we've been dumped in it that bad. At least with SJM around you know the cloth will get cut rather than ignoring the problem. And it might be nice to see more youth come through.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 01 Apr 2014 17:13

Maybe Anton is setting up a Ken Bates like sting. Bankrupt the club then buy the remaining shares at a massively reduced fee with the aim to sell it on for a profit.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2014 17:27

Out of contract - Out.
Roberts, Leigertwood, Bridge, Taylor, Taylor, Gorkss

Out of contract - Maybe out.
D'Ath, Arnold

Out of contract - Keep
McAnuff, Hector, Tshibola, Ugwu

Preference to sell:
Federici (McCarthy), Kelly (Cummings then Gunter), Pogrebnyak (Guthrie, then Akpan, then Williams), Blackman (Le Fondre), Drenthe (HRK then McAnuff, then McCleary).

If we can move on Roberts, Leigertwood, Bridge, Gorkss, Federici, Kelly and Pogrebnyak without having to pay up contracts, that would make a huge difference. And at least three of those have to be guaranteed gonners.

JIM

by JIM » 01 Apr 2014 18:15

Hasnt ROBERTS gone ???

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Apr 2014 19:13

Well, there's a good chunk of wages gone this summer with our out of contract players. Don't also be surprised to see some back room and administrative staff get let go as well, and we'll trim the number of youth players too, as the squad has become very bloated. Remember that it cost about 3m to get rid of Brian and his backroom staff, though he may have had some extended payments in his termination settlement.

I would expect Pog to be let go on a free, thus allowing another club to pick up the wage bill, and we may end up subsidising the ongoing monthly payments until the end of his contract. Just can't see who would buy Guthrie!

I'd get rid of McCarthy and Feds and bring in Marek Stech from Yeovil as he's out of contract this summer. There's a lot of decent players around who are out of contract soon. Blend some in with the youth team

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 01 Apr 2014 19:18

Maguire Drenthe, Pogrebnyak, Guthrie, and Bridge must all be on some serious wedge.

Get shot of them and you're saving quite a few million/yr off the wage bill

Alex Pearce is on bigger wages than most of those.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Apr 2014 19:20

Sell/get rid of everyone and start again from scratch.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Apr 2014 19:37

Mr.Swainey Alex Pearce is on bigger wages than most of those.

I think you'd be surprised. Pearce and HRK's contracts in the summer were nowhere near what they wanted as they are Chump contracts, not Prem contracts. I've been told Pearce is on 16k per week (which is the same as his previous contract as no-one else wanted him), a lot less than the likes of Pog, Feds, Guthrie, Bridge, Williams, Drenthe and McAnuff.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Apr 2014 20:49

Brian not being paid by Reading still, according to Get Reading

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ot-6900273

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Apr 2014 00:29

maffff In my eyes it would be something like:

Total Firesale:

Keep:
Andersen, Akpan, Blackman, Cardwell, Cooper, Cummings, Dvali, Edwards, Griffin, Henly, L.Kelly, S.Kelly (wages, but likely stuck with), Kuhl, Lincoln, Long, Morrison, Pearce (but wages..), Moore, Murombedzi, Samuel, Sweeney, Tanner

How sure are you of contract expiry dates?

transfermarkt has Murombedzi, Long and Sweeney to expire this summer. That seems a bit early for Sweeney (don't think we'd have only given him a 2 year deal, but it is possible), but I would be shocked if we thought Murombedzi deserved more than one year to prove himself.

Probably not worth the fuss of listing all our young players. You've included a first year scholar but missed several second years who have signed pro deals, like Stacey, Hyam and Fosu, as well as older players like Keown and Partridge (highly doubt he'll be offered a new deal). The list is just too long to hope to avoid overlooking everyone. It's probably easiest (and no less useful) to stick to those who have made appearances in the first team match day squad.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 02 Apr 2014 08:53

JIM Hasnt ROBERTS gone ???

No. The news of his retirement was at the end of his contract which is the end of the season.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Apr 2014 08:59

Roberts was on Twitter on Saturday going on about some other game that he was commenting on or whatever for Radio 5 Live - I asked him why he wasn't supporting his team mates at Reading. :evil:

If we're paying him til the end of the season, he should jolly well turn up to OUR games and not earn all this extra money in the meantime, imho.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Apr 2014 09:04

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... er-6905460

Oooer, curiouser and curiouser, murkier and murkier.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Apr 2014 09:09

Royal Lady Roberts was on Twitter on Saturday going on about some other game that he was commenting on or whatever for Radio 5 Live - I asked him why he wasn't supporting his team mates at Reading. :evil:

If we're paying him til the end of the season, he should jolly well turn up to OUR games and not earn all this extra money in the meantime, imho.

I would assume any payment from us is reduced by the amount he gets paid for his other commitments that are being done at the same time as he would normally be "working" for RFC (match times, training times, etc). Otherwise he is effectively being paid for doing two jobs at the same time.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Apr 2014 09:14

SCIAG How sure are you of contract expiry dates?

transfermarkt has Murombedzi, Long and Sweeney to expire this summer. That seems a bit early for Sweeney (don't think we'd have only given him a 2 year deal, but it is possible), but I would be shocked if we thought Murombedzi deserved more than one year to prove himself.

Sweeney joined in July 2012 on a 3 year deal. Shepp and Long I couldn't say with confidence hence it's not on here http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/201 ... ract-dates. Could see both those being offered another year, Long longer, if they are due to expire this summer. Partridge needs updating to 2014, he'll be released I imagine. Transfermarkt tends to have a lot of errors on it. Hardest thing with TTE is when they make a contract public but then renew it privately - possible with Tshibola and Ugwu.

Missed things off as I was running off to a meeting :)

8685 posts