RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFTG 'Uddersfield

by RoyalBlue » 31 Mar 2014 13:52

P!ssed Off
SCIAG
P!ssed Off Once again we were deprived of an actual proper goal, a defensive error and a penalty the cause of goals yet again.
I look forward to Tuesday for some actual entertainment at the Madejski.

So goals don't count if they come from a mistake, a penalty, or an own goal? What about set pieces? What about long range goals from nowhere?

They count for the scoreline, they don't count as value for money.
They are cheap, knock-offs that offer very little excitement or entertainment.
We've been credited with 3 goals at home over the last 2 months. Piss poor entertainment on its own, but when you consider that those three goals comprise of an own goal, and two penalties, then that is a truly horrific return.

The last 6 games have all been devoid of decent goals, bar one:
Reading 0 : 2 (penalty, McCarthy error) Sheffield Wednesday
Reading 0 : 1 (McAnuff error) Blackburn
Reading 1 (own goal) : 1 (McCarthy error) Yeovil
Reading 0 : 0 Derby (zero goals)
Reading 1 (penalty) : 3 (Gunter error, 2 decent goals) Barnsley
Reading 1 (penalty) : 1 (Morrison error) Huddersfield

Football is predominantly about goals, and the last 6 home games have seen only 2 that have not come about directly through errors.
Who would have thought after the 7&5-1 that Barnsley would be the only source for a decent goal in the following two months? :shock:

Barnsley game was a McCarthy/Gunter error. McCarthy held the ball for far too long and then sent out a weak throw to Gunter when he was under pressure. Gunter then underhit the backpass, which by then was his only option (the backpass not underhitting it!)

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Mar 2014 14:29

when pearce told him to throw it, gunter was ready for it and the oppo player wasnt.
mcarthy then waited till gunter wasnt ready for it, and the oppo player was, before throwing it

defo takes a big chunk of blame if we are dishing it out

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 31 Mar 2014 14:56

I remember a time when BFTG threads were sponsored by fictional sponsors.... where have the fictional sponsors gone? Is this going to impact our fictional revenues?

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 31 Mar 2014 17:36

Royal Biscuitman I remember a time when BFTG threads were sponsored by fictional sponsors.... where have the fictional sponsors gone? Is this going to impact our fictional revenues?

Sorry, tried to edit the title but site not letting me.

Will try and do better in the future if its me thats starts the thread...:)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Mar 2014 17:49

RoyalBlue
P!ssed Off
SCIAG So goals don't count if they come from a mistake, a penalty, or an own goal? What about set pieces? What about long range goals from nowhere?

They count for the scoreline, they don't count as value for money.
They are cheap, knock-offs that offer very little excitement or entertainment.
We've been credited with 3 goals at home over the last 2 months. Piss poor entertainment on its own, but when you consider that those three goals comprise of an own goal, and two penalties, then that is a truly horrific return.

The last 6 games have all been devoid of decent goals, bar one:
Reading 0 : 2 (penalty, McCarthy error) Sheffield Wednesday
Reading 0 : 1 (McAnuff error) Blackburn
Reading 1 (own goal) : 1 (McCarthy error) Yeovil
Reading 0 : 0 Derby (zero goals)
Reading 1 (penalty) : 3 (Gunter error, 2 decent goals) Barnsley
Reading 1 (penalty) : 1 (Morrison error) Huddersfield

Football is predominantly about goals, and the last 6 home games have seen only 2 that have not come about directly through errors.
Who would have thought after the 7&5-1 that Barnsley would be the only source for a decent goal in the following two months? :shock:

Barnsley game was a McCarthy/Gunter error. McCarthy held the ball for far too long and then sent out a weak throw to Gunter when he was under pressure. Gunter then underhit the backpass, which by then was his only option (the backpass not underhitting it!)

And the second goal, whilst a great strike, was a clear Pearce error, failing to close down the attacker and giving him an acre of room and aeon of time to take his shot.

don't agree McCarthy held on too long. Barnsley never retreated and were waiting for the throw out. He should have kicked it. So I do agree it's a shared error.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 31 Mar 2014 17:58

Another 2 points dropped, amazingly the teams around us seem to be doing the same thing but if this inconsistency continues we will end up missing out.

Our home form is absolutely dreadful, I feel sorry for the fans who have season tickets this year. Bolton and Blackpool the only good wins, pretty poor show the amount of points we've dropped is a joke and its nearly always against teams who are supposedly worse and we should be beating.

Lets hope we put in decent performances against the top 2 who could have nothing to play for by the time they come to town.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Apr 2014 10:37

Ian Royal
don't agree McCarthy held on too long. Barnsley never retreated and were waiting for the throw out. He should have kicked it. So I do agree it's a shared error.

youre wrong. when pearce pointed and shouted for the sthrow gunter was facing mcarthy, with no one on him. the nearest oppo player was facing the other way.
mcarthy fannied about, the oppo player turned round and started closing gunter down, and then mcarthy threw it.

but im not blaming any of them in particular, was a more a case of all of them being panicky slow and shambolic

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2014 17:08

melonhead
Ian Royal

youre wrong. when pearce pointed and shouted for the sthrow gunter was facing mcarthy, with no one on him. the nearest oppo player was facing the other way.
mcarthy fannied about, the oppo player turned round and started closing gunter down, and then mcarthy threw it.

but im not blaming any of them in particular, was a more a case of all of them being panicky slow and shambolic

Having watched it again, I still think Barnsley had too many players forward for it to be a viable throw to Gunter. Their forward near Pearce was clearly aware of the option and could have rushed out towards Gunter for an earlier pass.

The idea of the roll / throw out has to be when there is space for more than one player so there are passing options on, or if there is space for the full back to break into by taking out a player slow to get back. I don't think either of those options was really on and the kick was far the better option.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Apr 2014 19:18

Morro had a mare on Saturday. After his performance at Brighton, I've been very surprised we haven't seen more of Big Hec. I'd like him to start in defence on Saturday

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Apr 2014 19:21

Centre back in mare on return after playing no football of any description for 4 months shock

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 02 Apr 2014 12:18

Binfield Royal
Royal Biscuitman I remember a time when BFTG threads were sponsored by fictional sponsors.... where have the fictional sponsors gone? Is this going to impact our fictional revenues?

Sorry, tried to edit the title but site not letting me.

Will try and do better in the future if its me thats starts the thread...:)

I just assumed the fictional sponsors were boycotting the threads in protest.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 02 Apr 2014 12:58

Sutekh Centre back in mare on return after playing no football of any description for 4 months shock

So playing for the U21s is not considered football of any description?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Apr 2014 18:10

Pandoras Box
Sutekh Centre back in mare on return after playing no football of any description for 4 months shock

So playing for the U21s is not considered football of any description?

Was a bit foolish to rush him back after just one game for the U21s after 4 months out injured. Hec would have been a safer bet.

133 posts