BFTG - Yeovil

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
The Cube

BFTG - Yeovil

by The Cube » 16 Apr 2014 22:51

Obviously I'm a little disorientated having just seen Reading win 3-0 at home. Would be nice to think that our useless manager might have been present and to have noted that it is theoretically possible.

Apart from the result, though, I wasn't so impressed with tonight's women's match. There was far too much giving the ball away, and I don't think too many players paced themselves properly over 90 minutes. Part of the problem is that they are all just too young. The outstanding player was, as usual, Francesca Kirby who scored twice. Really she should be a nippy skilful winger but is playing as striker. The other goal was from Cheryl Williams who was generally strong in midfield.

It would be really easy to win games in this division, assuming that tonight's teams were typical and that you're not worried about style. All you need are a couple of over 5 foot 9 women who can head the ball, and someone with the power to pump high balls into the box all game.

Attendance announced as 989, although given that entry was by gate rather than turnstile and no-one was counting, I suspect that is a made-up figure.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Yeovil

by Cureton's Volley » 17 Apr 2014 00:32

3-0 not good enough against much weaker opposition.

#adkinsout

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 17 Apr 2014 08:43

They were counting Cube - there was a girl in a Reading track suit with a clicker in her hand.

I would agree with the comment on giving the ball away but there was some good passing moves too so there is promise there.

To me the main difference was the speed of the ball.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Apr 2014 13:11

Georgie Giddings and Leigh Nicol aren't bad..

The official site's page (as well as their Wikipedia) is still embarrassingly out of date http://www.readingfc.co.uk/team/ladies_profiles.aspx but anyone wanting to know a bit more there's a bit of background I did for The Tilehurst End, (it's missing any signings since, such as Eartha Pond) http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/201 ... the-ladies

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Apr 2014 14:52

Our 'useless manager' as you put it, was there, according to twitter.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Apr 2014 14:53

westendgirl They were counting Cube - there was a girl in a Reading track suit with a clicker in her hand.

I would agree with the comment on giving the ball away but there was some good passing moves too so there is promise there.

To me the main difference was the speed of the ball.

Faster?

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1