66%
No we'll be crying come 2pm next Saturday
34%

Total votes: 156
P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Will We Do It?

by P!ssed Off » 27 Apr 2014 19:43

leicsRoyal If we have a first half like yesterday then Burnley will be out of site by half time.

:?
If the Burnley team leave the stadium we win by default, no?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 27 Apr 2014 19:44

Victor Meldrew
MmmMonsterMunch I didn't mind Brighton before but they have a massive superiority complex when it comes to us. It really grates on them that we got our house in order 15 years or so ahead of them.

So for that reason, if it's not us I'd like to see Derby do it. Failing that, Wigan. However the team I despise the most is QPR without question. As long as someone knocks them out of it, I'll be mostly happy.

Rather than Brighton having a massive superiority complex you appear to have a dreadful inferiority complex about so many teams.

Cheer up misery guts. I know today must've hurt though.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 27 Apr 2014 19:56

Our home record against Burn-a-lee since 1984 is

Played 16

Won 10
Drawn 5
Lost 1 (the PO semi in 2009)

Bodes well doesn't it?!?!?!?!?!?................

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 27 Apr 2014 20:11

SPARTA
St. Brynjar Nope, it's Brighton's.

If we don't get in there, I hope they do. Good club, good fan-base

:lol:

Jog on.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 27 Apr 2014 20:12

Any chance the Burnley game will be on TV?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Apr 2014 20:14

2 world wars, 1 world cup I don't think people realise it but we're not very good.

Wow we finally won at home and wow we beat a relegation side but the same problem we've had all season (bar the 7-1 and 5-1 wins) is that we're just not very good.

We may well get lucky with Burnley or with other results but the chances of getting through the playoffs is minimal at best.

Pleease let this post come back to bite me!

We may not be particularly good, but after 45 games of a 46 game season, we're at least the 6th best side in the division. For all our lack of fluency and injury worries, we're still just too good for the majority of Championship teams to live with us over a season. Being good enough is what gets you the chance of promotion and we are.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 27 Apr 2014 20:28

Fair comments Barney. As for Sean Dyche's views - stick them up on the wall Nige.

Roared (did I say roared?) on by a partisan crowd we've certainly got every chance. Of course the telling time will come should we go a goal down. In any case I'd rather be playing Burn-lee than one of the basement boys, as we generally seem to up our game for the higher placed teams. Having said that we need to overcome our own contest first, as in desire versus tension.

On to the play offs. A QPR mate has already booked two rooms in a London Hotel. He's convinced it's going to be a Hoops final. Given how the season has panned out so far who would bet against it? Just when we think we've blown it, fate seems to be dealing us another card.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 28 Apr 2014 03:26

[quote="AirRaidSiren"]Yes.

I think Forest will draw and this is a great time to play Burnley who will have a hang over from being promoted. What have they to play for?[/quote

Like they did against Ipswich? Didn't look like they had given up. We will lose Brighton draw.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 28 Apr 2014 06:56

grey_squirrel wrote:

Our home record against Burn-a-lee since 1984 is

Played 16

Won 10
Drawn 5
Lost 1 (the PO semi in 2009)

Bodes well doesn't it?!?!?!?!?!?................

Thanks for posting this it has really cheered me up on this dull day!

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 28 Apr 2014 08:33

This is the sort of game I expect us to perform in this season. Strangely I can see us ending up end of May in the Premier League. Wigan look to be really running out of steam, Derby see us a bogey team and QPR are just generally unorganised and generally shit. Would love a Hoops final. Winning a playoff final or winning a playoff final against the fake hoops... Priceless!

Although I'd be miles more pissed off coming away from Wembley with a load of happy tossers from Shepherds Bush on the other side

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Apr 2014 10:00

2 world wars, 1 world cup I don't think people realise it but we're not very good.

Wow we finally won at home and wow we beat a relegation side but the same problem we've had all season (bar the 7-1 and 5-1 wins) is that we're just not very good.

i think we started just getting some midfielders back from injury and started winning
surprisingly

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 28 Apr 2014 10:37

I would love it if say we're comfortably beaten and the Brighton game is 0-0 going in injury time.....then Forest nick a winner

I'd love celebrating a defeat

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Apr 2014 10:54

Looked at our away record last night, equal second highest number of wins after Leicester.

That tells me we DO have the ability.

I think we are SEVENTEENTH on home wins, and clearly that has been our problem, but that hoodoo looks to be broken at last, our away form overall has been excellent and we are 5th/6th on merit while (IMO) UNDER-achieving and having horrendous injuries, back-room worries etc

What I'm saying is I think we are maybe better than a side scraping sixth. QPR are a head-case with Premiership quality players but a mentality which is dire and with little or no fight. No reason to fear them after 3-1 at their place and 0-0 at ours.

Ditto no reason to fear Derby after our results against them. Yes they are better now than then but they peaked after they changed managers, had a great run of wins, stumbled, got it together again. They would be favourites against us (as would QPR) but I really wouldn't write us off against either if we get into the POs.

I think the overall best squad/machine was probably Wigan (even if they end up 8th!) but they are no doubt stretched and carrying knocks. They might end up making sure Tuesday night, but they could, just as easily bottle, lose 1-0 or 2-0 and then fail against Blackburn.

It's possible to lose v Burnley and scrape in, possible to draw and scrape in, but I think, if Legs plays in front of the back four and plays as he did second half we will beat Burnley. If we do we will be entering the POs with three straight wins, home hoodoo well and truly broken, great away record and a real chance of winning through to Wembley.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 28 Apr 2014 12:03

Not only do I think we'll make it but I think we'll go on to win them. I've had a gut feeling about it before the season even started so I'm going to stick with it.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 28 Apr 2014 12:15

In the last 8 games we have been, not just bad, but absolutely terrible for a large percentage:

Barnsley H - Terrible
Huddersfield H - Poor
Charlton A - 1st Half Terrible, 2nd Half OK
Bournemouth A - Terrible
Leicester H - OK
Wigan A - Terrible
Middlesborough H - Good
Doncaster A - 1st Half Terrible, 2nd Half Good

Unless we can eliminate the terrible performances completely for the next 4 games (max) they will fatally damage us and, as they continue into even the last game, I see no reason why that will happen.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Apr 2014 12:56

Scrape in play-offs with a draw against Burnley as Brighton bottle it at Forest.

We then lose on aggregate to Derby.

Season hailed as a 'great success' by the clueless.

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 28 Apr 2014 13:09

Given the pasting our midfielders have taken injury wise this year, i think we can now head into the Burnley game with increased confidence at having a proper unit in the centre.
I think we'll beat Burnley and then who knows from there?!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 28 Apr 2014 13:22

Mr.Swainey Any chance the Burnley game will be on TV?

I believe that Sky will show 2 games at the same time; if Wigan beat Brum tomorrow then those 2 games will be ours and Brighton's.

If Brum beat Wigan, then the Blackburn v Wigan game will probably be shown (as theoretically Blackburn might still make it) and then either our game or Brighton's.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Apr 2014 13:59

Mr Angry
Mr.Swainey Any chance the Burnley game will be on TV?

I believe that Sky will show 2 games at the same time; if Wigan beat Brum tomorrow then those 2 games will be ours and Brighton's.

If Brum beat Wigan, then the Blackburn v Wigan game will probably be shown (as theoretically Blackburn might still make it) and then either our game or Brighton's.

Surely they won't not show a Leeds game?

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 28 Apr 2014 14:55

I voted yes. I think we'll nick a last gasp win at somehow, somehow hang on for the last ten minutes.

It's not going to be an enjoyable lunch/afternoon whatever happens!