SJM Interview - BBC South Today (Wednesday)

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SJM Interview - BBC South Today (Wednesday)

by Uke » 14 May 2014 19:14

melonhead
Stevie G I've said before that i don't buy the general tale of woe that you don't buy a club to get rich, but i do symphasize with SJM on the funds available to grow message. I think perhaps at the time the gravity of the split was only just emerging. Shortly after the statement, when the funds were needed, why would he commit to a club that he only owned half of. Flip side, if he had 100M, why not get the club valued at the time, invest 5M whether in players or wages (Baird/Sharp was all NA asked for at the time I believe), get yourself over the line and promotion and reap the balance of the profit from the subsequent sale. I can only see our value lower now than a year ago.

because his 100 million is not just sat in a bank to be frittered away. its invested in stuff. mostly shit stuff.

that was once worth 400 million

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 14 May 2014 19:24

His main printing company BGP went into administration (2012) after it made losses of £70m over the previous five years. :shock:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 May 2014 19:28

There was no interview... just a film that basically just said all of his businesses are shit and he has no money. Waste of time really.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 May 2014 19:41

Stevie G Flip side, if he had 100M, why not get the club valued at the time, invest 5M whether in players or wages (Baird/Sharp was all NA asked for at the time I believe), get yourself over the line and promotion and reap the balance of the profit from the subsequent sale. I can only see our value lower now than a year ago.

Sharp and Baird would not have guaranteed us promotion. In hindsight, they would probably have got us into the playoffs.

With Sharp and Baird, odds of playoffs = 100%, odds of winning = 20%. Odds of promotion therefore 20%.
Without, odds of playoffs = 80%, odds of winning = 20%. Odds of winning therefore 16%.

You can fiddle with the odds if you like, but I think it's questionable whether it's rational to gamble 5% of your wealth on those odds.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 May 2014 20:04

Yep, Sharp would have got us in the playoffs, just like he kept Doncaster up

On topic, the South Today "report" was an absolute waste of time

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 14 May 2014 20:16

Didn't think it was a waste of time, but once again it seemed to be more of an advert for a potential investor than a serious state of the club report. There was more about his dwindling real estate portfolio than there was about the state and future of the club. I wonder how many peeps are out there who are sitting on 25M min, are sat in their living room wathcing South Today and are unaware of the bargain on offer!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 May 2014 20:36

Pseud O'Nym
MmmMonsterMunch Thought us 'going' for Hobbs meant Hull got money off Forest.............so they could then buy Long & we got a sell on fee?

So again rumour and conjecture on this forum are taken as fact and the word of an involved party dismissed. Words fail me.

It is rumour & conjecture FFS. I haven't got a fcuking clue! :lol:

Would make sense though wouldn't it given we needed money & Hull also needed money? Especially since we did absolutely no business in Jan.
Last edited by MmmMonsterMunch on 14 May 2014 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

Vic_Flange

by Vic_Flange » 14 May 2014 20:48

Tony Le Mesmer Lol at anyone who thinks JM went on air and said that HE would be providing funds for transfers. HE DIDN'T. He was speaking on behalf of the owners who have let everyone down. I guess some people are so incredibly thick that they actually thought he would be ploughing his own money into a company that he didn't own. You Bellends.

:) Well said m8.

FFS, it was a short piece about SJM, not just Reading FC, and anyway, there are very few clubs who are in the black. We're doing a lot better than most (Yes I did see the piece)

But if anyone fancies buying us, you can try giving SJM £1.00 (the minimum you can buy any company for; yes we are a company too).

After this you can clear all the clubs debts, and bring in some players that will get us up.

And the crowd went mild.

The Cube

by The Cube » 14 May 2014 22:59

You can see the South Today programme here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b042yv23/south-today-14052014
Madejski story is on first. Programme only available until 6.30pm Thursday, and probably only for UK viewers.

But don't bother as it's not worth it.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 15 May 2014 07:35

TheWhisper

by TheWhisper » 15 May 2014 08:20

Elm Park Pasty 2. Develop a drug habit to the extent that your father grounds you

This ^^^

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 15 May 2014 09:40

I watched the BBC TV thing last night. I came away wondering what the point of it was. So they led the programme with it as a major news story, and yet ultimately they didn't really tell us much more than we already knew or could guess. I think we all knew SJM took a caning on the town centre deal, I can remember reading that last year. Apart from the figures from his publishing firm, it wasn't really telling me anything I didn't know or couldn't have found out if I was prepared to dig. So SJM wasn't prepared to comment? I'm not all that sure I would have done either really. It came across as BBC wanting to say 'look at this great piece of investigative journalism' when I almost found it to be some sort of hatchet job. I just couldn't really see the point of what they were trying to achieve. Now, if someone tracked down the mysterious Mr Zingarevich and filled in a few blanks there, that would be another story..........

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 15 May 2014 10:22

Elm Park Pasty Now, if someone tracked down the mysterious Mr Zingarevich and filled in a few blanks there, that would be another story..........

Right now he is at the family holiday home on the Côte d'Azur giving this a good seeing too:

Not much of a story I'm afraid.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 May 2014 10:23

With the Cellino takeover some Leeds fans called him up after they found his number on the court documentation. They had a pretty candid interview. Has anyone (not me..) actually tried tracing details through companies etc doing something like that? Call through his companies, Katsia, Boris, Samuelson, Obolensky. It's never that hard.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 May 2014 10:53

Cureton's Volley
Elm Park Pasty Now, if someone tracked down the mysterious Mr Zingarevich and filled in a few blanks there, that would be another story..........

Right now he is at the family holiday home on the Côte d'Azur giving this a good seeing too:

Not much of a story I'm afraid.

tbf, thats exactly where id be for the forseeable if were him,
oxf*rd football, oxf*rd my busniesses, oxf*rd literally everything, i just want to oxf*rd that

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 15 May 2014 10:57

maffff With the Cellino takeover some Leeds fans called him up after they found his number on the court documentation. They had a pretty candid interview. Has anyone (not me..) actually tried tracing details through companies etc doing something like that? Call through his companies, Katsia, Boris, Samuelson, Obolensky. It's never that hard.

If I was going to do that I would probably do it from a major railway hub with a new PAYG phone. Just in case :lol: .

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 May 2014 11:14

He's worth £100m, owes £50m to RBS and can only run the club for another year or so.

If this is the case, has he not just gone and pulled his pants down to anyone who may well consider taking the plunge and buying RFC......?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 May 2014 11:28

http://www.championat.com/hockey/news-1824165-atlant-dostig-ustnoj-dogovorjonnosti-o-finansirovanii-na-sledujushhij-god.html

"Atlas" has reached a verbal agreement on the financing of the following year

President of "Atlanta" Valery Kamensky spoke about the financial situation at the club.

"Forward running too do not want to , but the mood is optimistic. When confirmation will finance the next year, and then say this as a fait accompli . While there is no confirmation of this . But, however, there is a verbal agreement that everything will be fine . It is happy .

We paid debts for December, January and February. In general, the process has begun , it's nice . I think that after the May holidays will close and everything else " - quoted Kamensky " R-Sport . "

Recall the course of last season, the Moscow Region club had financial difficulties due to which players have not been paid for several months.

Atlant might be starting to figure out a way forward.

Surely a point will come at our club when Madejski/Zingarevich have no choice but to sell for peanuts or see the club go bust. We might find if the situation becomes more critical that it's easier for a takeover to happen when a move is forced out of the only options being seeing us taken over or the club being liquidated. Just hope the new guys are ambitious and have a strategic way forward, rather than us regressing back to where we were over 20 years ago.

It'll be ok.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 May 2014 11:30

loyalroyal4life He's worth £100m, owes £50m to RBS and can only run the club for another year or so.

If this is the case, has he not just gone and pulled his pants down to anyone who may well consider taking the plunge and buying RFC......?

think his levels of desperation are now reaching the levels required to make him do so

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 May 2014 13:00

turbulant times create opportunity