Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by melonhead » 14 Jul 2014 10:48

Ian Royal surprised you let aquifer in seeing as it's subterranean.

wouldn't matter if its on the moon, its still a body of water

and with that in mind, do the the moon oceans of titan and europa count in the broad ocean category, or does their extra terrestrial nature mean they count seperately?

Elmer Park

Re: Buyout

by Elmer Park » 14 Jul 2014 10:48

Apologies if these questions have been answered already somewhere on this thread but can anyone let me know the answers please ?

1. At one time I understood Begbies Traynor were dealing with the sale of the club and a very quick sale was necessary but since Samrit appeared I've not heard mention of them and SJM seems to have taken over control of the sale. Are Begbies still involved ? If not, why not ?

2. One of the reasons a sale was so urgent was that the club couldn't pay it's bills. Who's paying those bills and the salaries now ?

3. Have Vibrac been paid off yet ? If so by who ?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Jul 2014 10:49

Nameless
melonhead
madstadblues Depending on your point of view, viaduct or aqueduct may be of interest.

They are things that carry water, or go over water. Not bodies of water. Jeez.

Viaducts carry roads, aqueducts carry water. Neither definitively carry things over water.

viaducts go over valleys and gorges. valleys and gorges are made by water. ergo.....

either way they arent bodies of water
Last edited by melonhead on 14 Jul 2014 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Jul 2014 10:50

Ian Royal McCleary and HRK have decent scoring records and could step up. But yes, we look light on goals. And that's one area the Academy doesn't look ready to help with for a little while. Could be big big seasons for Taylor, Tanner and Blackman.

??? :D

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 14 Jul 2014 10:55

Go with the floe....

78royal

by 78royal » 14 Jul 2014 11:16

JIM Latest up date .in GET READING not very promising

'Bunditkitsada, who is believed to be close to Shinawatra..' - maybe better if this does fall through

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Jul 2014 11:25

Elmer Park Apologies if these questions have been answered already somewhere on this thread but can anyone let me know the answers please ?

1. At one time I understood Begbies Traynor were dealing with the sale of the club and a very quick sale was necessary but since Samrit appeared I've not heard mention of them and SJM seems to have taken over control of the sale. Are Begbies still involved ? If not, why not ?

2. One of the reasons a sale was so urgent was that the club couldn't pay it's bills. Who's paying those bills and the salaries now ?

3. Have Vibrac been paid off yet ? If so by who ?

There was mention of a £5 million bond being paid a few weeks ago as part of the deal, presumably this is funding the short term running costs. Whether it is non returnable or not I have no idea.
I'd assume the Vibrac situation has been renegotiated, pending completion of the takeover. The sale involved the new owners paying off debts and as they haven't taken over then the debt won't have been paid. No doubt interest will still be being paid and there will be a limit to how long payment can be deferred for.
No idea about Begbies, but if they aren't that would be becasue SJM no longer sees them as being needed and he may be correct in the short term. No point paying them presumably criminally high fees if there is nothing for themto do.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 14 Jul 2014 12:07

Nameless I'm confused. We've lost 5 players from last season, and we certainly had a squad of more than 25 last season. So how can anyone do the maths to claim we have a squad of just 13 !
It kind of makes you look silly.....

1 Adam Federici
2 Chris Gunter
3 Stephen Kelly
5 Alex Pearce
6 Sean Morrison
7 Pavel Pogrebnyak
8 Danny Guthrie
9 Hal Robson-Kanu
11 Jordan Obita
12 Garath McCleary
13 Reading Fans
15 Michael Hector
16 Hope Akpan
18 Aaron Tshibola
20 Alex McCarthy
21 Jem Karacan
22 Nick Blackman
23 Daniel Williams
24 Shaun Cummings
25 Jake Taylor
26 Pierce Sweeney
27 Craig Tanner
28 Aaron Kuhl
30 Dominic Samuel
31 Mikkel Andersen
32 Sean Long
33 Shane Griffin
34 Niall Keown
35 Jake Cooper
36 Ryan Edwards
37 Jack Stacey
38 Liam Kelly
39 Tariqe Fosu
40 Stuart Moore
41 Daniel Lincoln
42 Jonathan Henly

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 14 Jul 2014 12:14

melonhead wouldn't matter if its on the moon, its still a body of water

Would have thought that a body of water on the moon would matter quite a lot tbf.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 14 Jul 2014 12:34

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 14 Jul 2014 13:19

Nameless There was mention of a £5 million bond being paid a few weeks ago as part of the deal, presumably this is funding the short term running costs. Whether it is non returnable or not I have no idea.
I'd assume the Vibrac situation has been renegotiated, pending completion of the takeover. The sale involved the new owners paying off debts and as they haven't taken over then the debt won't have been paid. No doubt interest will still be being paid and there will be a limit to how long payment can be deferred for.
No idea about Begbies, but if they aren't that would be becasue SJM no longer sees them as being needed and he may be correct in the short term. No point paying them presumably criminally high fees if there is nothing for themto do.

Thanks Nameless. Seems to make the completion of the Samrit deal even more important.

I would have thought a bond would have to be repaid in the event of the collapse of the deal and together with the increasing interest adding to the Vibrac debt that would make the club even less interesting to other reputable buyers.

What's happened to the members of the 'consortium' from Malaysia and India ? Naively speaking I would have thought there might have been some possibility of them 'saving' the deal even in the short term while Samrit gets his share of the buyout out of Thailand. Maybe they are all Thai with the same problems or maybe they don't exist.

Continuing my naive thoughts I have to say that given the coup took place in Thailand before there was any talk of this deal I'd have thought these problems might have been foreseen or overcome sooner.

It's all still a mess.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Jul 2014 13:24

Elmer Park
I would have thought a bond would have to be repaid in the event of the collapse of the deal and together with the increasing interest adding to the Vibrac debt that would make the club even less interesting to other reputable buyers.

Depends entirely on the terms of the deal. Perhaps Begbys told Samrit that he could buy 'first refusal' for a £5 million non refundable deposit. Gives him a real incentive to complete the deal. If it was refundable you would suspect he might have pulled the plug by now and asked for him money back.
I'd assume that the deal is still more likely to happen than not , if SJM really thought it was in danger he'd be back talking to other interested parties and certainly Samuelson would be agitating for talks to reopen with his people.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 14 Jul 2014 13:57

Nameless
Elmer Park

Depends entirely on the terms of the deal. Perhaps Begbys told Samrit that he could buy 'first refusal' for a £5 million non refundable deposit. Gives him a real incentive to complete the deal. If it was refundable you would suspect he might have pulled the plug by now and asked for him money back.
I'd assume that the deal is still more likely to happen than not , if SJM really thought it was in danger he'd be back talking to other interested parties and certainly Samuelson would be agitating for talks to reopen with his people.

SJM has always stated that other parties are still interested. Who knows, he may be talking to them as well. As far as Samuelson is concerned, he may have been paid off from part of the £5M up front fee that Samrit put forward.

Unfortunately we may never know whats going on.
Last edited by UpThePrem on 14 Jul 2014 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Jul 2014 14:26

in this context, no

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jul 2014 16:05

Pretty sure I read the 5 million was paid into an escrow account until completion.

Like a deposit on a rental car.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 14 Jul 2014 16:28

Not good news I'm afraid to say. The deal is OFF. Back to square one.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jul 2014 16:29

Oh?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Jul 2014 16:38

What are you, Lord Aquifer or something?

Water way to carry on.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Jul 2014 16:39

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 14 Jul 2014 16:40

I was going to say " Are we there yet?" ...but we still clearly have a long way to go. :cry:

8684 posts