Re: Morrison has GONE

by 3points » 16 Aug 2014 18:43

+1

thought he did well at Brighton at centre back last season too

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Sean Morrison signs for Cardiff

by 3points » 16 Aug 2014 19:14

Akpan wasn't that bad - he made some mistakes on the ball, but he broke up a lot of play, especially in the 2nd half when we started to get a bit over run in midfield

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Aug 2014 19:52

winchester_royal
kwik-silva I don't know which way to read this :cry:

Mercenary makes ambiguous comment to ward off criticism shocker

Wanted out since he lost captaincy.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Aug 2014 19:58

just got back from an internet free week in Norfolk and can't be arsed to read the whole thread so can someone confirm. Did we really get £4m for the lumbering carthorse or is someone, other than Nicky Hammond, taking the piss?

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 16 Aug 2014 20:17

From Despair To Where? just got back from an internet free week in Norfolk and can't be arsed to read the whole thread so can someone confirm. Did we really get £4m for the lumbering carthorse or is someone, other than Nicky Hammond, taking the piss?

Nope he's gone, 3m rising to 4m based on add ons

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 16 Aug 2014 20:31

SPARTA And he did! Hector was superb today. Man of the match by a long way. Composed, brave, decent distribution. A definite improvement on Morrison it has be said. The boy has a very big future ahead if him!

He was good today but I'm not sure his performance was 'superb' tho I'm sure it won't be long before he does provide us with a performance that deserves that level of praise. He still needs more game time and experience but he is a great prospect and has much more potential than Morrison. Today's was a gutsy rather than classic performance. MOTM for me was Gunter.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 16 Aug 2014 20:37

Tbf morrison was putting in motm performances in the prem when he was hectors age.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Aug 2014 21:00

Mr Optimist Plus one to a certain degree Royal Blue. You simply cannot compare the working employee and employer contracts of "normal working people" with those of professional footballers. The higher up the pyramid the bigger the distance with the real world us mere mortals live in.

I would imagine this is another prime exhibit for supporters who lose heart with the modern game of football, sorry product I believe it is now called, and clear off to get their fix lower down the pyramid where you can still relate to the club and players.

Players like Morrison will come and go, no big deal. Some will stay longer, achieve memorable lasting achievements like some of the 106 team, and will keep a bit of Reading FC in their hearts when they look back on their career. Morrison going is a bit meh for me.

I like Jem but I couldn't believe it when after the match today he proclaimed that his best mate Morrison absolutely loved Reading Football Club. Yeh, right! He loved it so much that he whored himself off, despite being on a damn good contract, the moment the Welsh pimps picked up the phone! :twisted:

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 16 Aug 2014 21:09

RoyalBlue
Mr Optimist Plus one to a certain degree Royal Blue. You simply cannot compare the working employee and employer contracts of "normal working people" with those of professional footballers. The higher up the pyramid the bigger the distance with the real world us mere mortals live in.

I would imagine this is another prime exhibit for supporters who lose heart with the modern game of football, sorry product I believe it is now called, and clear off to get their fix lower down the pyramid where you can still relate to the club and players.

Players like Morrison will come and go, no big deal. Some will stay longer, achieve memorable lasting achievements like some of the 106 team, and will keep a bit of Reading FC in their hearts when they look back on their career. Morrison going is a bit meh for me.

I like Jem but I couldn't believe it when after the match today he proclaimed that his best mate Morrison absolutely loved Reading Football Club. Yeh, right! He loved it so much that he whored himself off, despite being on a damn good contract, the moment the Welsh pimps picked up the phone! :twisted:

He left a side where he would soon be fourth-choice centre-back to earn more money for somebody else. That's not whoring, it is just common sense.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Aug 2014 21:47

Drew_3
From Despair To Where? just got back from an internet free week in Norfolk and can't be arsed to read the whole thread so can someone confirm. Did we really get £4m for the lumbering carthorse or is someone, other than Nicky Hammond, taking the piss?

Nope he's gone, 3m rising to 4m based on add ons

Now don't get me wrong, i don't dislike him, it's just, like Sonko before him, he's half the player he was pre injury so to get £3m+ for him is exceptional business. That's more than we got for Marriappa isn't it?

HYPERH1PPO

by HYPERH1PPO » 17 Aug 2014 15:01

Simon's Church Tbf morrison was putting in motm performances in the prem when he was hectors age.

Then he got injured..

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Aug 2014 15:13

Simon's Church Tbf morrison was putting in motm performances in the prem when he was hectors age.

Two seasons ago.

Besides, I'm not sure that's even true given how terrible we were defensively.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Aug 2014 20:11

I seem to remember that he got a couple of goals in quick succession which upped everyone's opinion of him a bit.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Aug 2014 21:29

Royal Ginger I seem to remember that he got a couple of goals in quick succession which upped everyone's opinion of him a bit.

Home to United and away to Wigan IIRC. Bloody good thing he scored in both games otherwise we would have lost them 4-2 and 3-1

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 19 Aug 2014 08:44

Interviewed by Adrian Williams on BBRB, Sean suggests the deal had been accepted by Reading before he was even aware of Cardiff's interest.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 19 Aug 2014 08:47

Just listened to Morro on BBCRB and the story he put was a bit different. He said the approach and bid was made to the club after OGS watched him at Wigan. The club confirmed the bid was acceptable and notified the player. He said it came out of the blue and that he was happy here.
Made all the right noises about what RFC have done for him and that he hopes we go up with Cardiff.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 19 Aug 2014 08:50

East Grinstead Royal Interviewed by Adrian Williams on BBRB, Sean suggests the deal had been accepted by Reading before he was even aware of Cardiff's interest.

Good interview. any criticism of Morro should now stop and he should get a warm welcome when he returns. Reading chose to take the money - He says it was all pretty much done and dusted before he even knew about it. Good luck to one of our best young players, shame we are now a selling club although I do think you could not play Pearce and him together. Just think he was the better option to keep. All this to pay Drenthe's wages!!!

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 19 Aug 2014 08:55

Well someone's not telling the truth here..

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 19 Aug 2014 09:01

ayjaydee Just listened to Morro on BBCRB and the story he put was a bit different. He said the approach and bid was made to the club after OGS watched him at Wigan. The club confirmed the bid was acceptable and notified the player. He said it came out of the blue and that he was happy here.
Made all the right noises about what RFC have done for him and that he hopes we go up with Cardiff.

Sounds very plausible and good luck to him - makes Adkins looks rather silly for the white lie he told last week

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Aug 2014 09:07

+1 - Morro didn't need to give an interview now he's gone, clearly wanted to put the record straight.

597 posts