CONFIMRED - Sean Morrison signs for Cardiff

597 posts
Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Sean Morrison signs for Cardiff

by Big Foot » 19 Aug 2014 09:11

Royal Lady +1 - Morro didn't need to give an interview now he's gone, clearly wanted to put the record straight.

Can only imagine what this will do to squad morale, Morro was a popular figure in the dressing room - wonder if other players will see Adkins' comments as an insult to their m8

I just hope they can keep professional and don't put in performances that will leave the berk fighting for his job..... :wink:

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 19 Aug 2014 09:16

There will be no morale loss, a big figure in the dressing room? Yes. But this is hardly going to cause mutiny against Adkins. :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Aug 2014 09:19

Maybe they'll be wondering who his next escape goat will be....can't be Drenthe cos he's already banished him.... :wink:

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Aug 2014 09:26

Big Foot
Royal Lady +1 - Morro didn't need to give an interview now he's gone, clearly wanted to put the record straight.

Can only imagine what this will do to squad morale, Morro was a popular figure in the dressing room - wonder if other players will see Adkins' comments as an insult to their m8

I just hope they can keep professional and don't put in performances that will leave the berk fighting for his job..... :wink:

Or Adkins was right and Morrow was attempting to patch up his damaged reputation?

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 19 Aug 2014 09:28

Yeah I was thinking that, quite a cloudy reception awaiting his return to the Madejski you'd think.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 19 Aug 2014 09:30

leww_rfc There will be no morale loss, a big figure in the dressing room? Yes. But this is hardly going to cause mutiny against Adkins. :lol:

Best m8s with club captain Karacan & also close to the likes of Gunter & Pearce - hey, stranger things have happened

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 19 Aug 2014 09:30

leww_rfc Yeah I was thinking that, quite a cloudy reception awaiting his return to the Madejski you'd think.

Yeah, I bet he's shitting himself at the prospect of returning to 17,000 spastics in jester hats and wigs "booing" him :lol: :lol:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 19 Aug 2014 09:31

Tilehurstsouthbank
Big Foot

Or Adkins was right and Morrow was attempting to patch up his damaged reputation?

Genuinely think that if Adkins told Reading fans the sky was green, then you cretins would believe it

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Aug 2014 09:32

Big Foot
leww_rfc There will be no morale loss, a big figure in the dressing room? Yes. But this is hardly going to cause mutiny against Adkins. :lol:

Best m8s with club captain Karacan & also close to the likes of Gunter & Pearce - hey, stranger things have happened

Keep clutching BF

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 19 Aug 2014 09:33

Equally if he told others it was blue they'd swear it was green.

It's the nature of us football fans generally though isn't it?. Nail your colours to the mast and never divert.

Esteban

by Esteban » 19 Aug 2014 09:33

Every player has his price. £4m for a Championship defender is very good money. There won't be too many more defenders moving in this league for that sort of cash.

I don't think Morrison's comments gave any more insight into anything. Cardiff made a very good offer for him, his agent told him about it and he wanted to pursue it, Reading were happy with the offer made and said he could talk to Cardiff if he wanted to, off he went and got himself a contract.

However, none of that means that Reading didn't want to keep him, or that Morrison was desperate to go. It's just business. I'm not sure why some people are depserate to find someone to blame for him leaving. It's a good deal for all involved.

Thought Morrison spoke well this morning. Good luck to him at Cardiff. Hopefully he'll cost them a few points against us though! :wink:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 19 Aug 2014 09:42

paultheroyal
Big Foot

Keep clutching BF

Like I said on the page before m8, I just hope the players keep their professionalism levels as high as possible :wink:

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Aug 2014 09:44

Big Foot wrote
Genuinely think that if Adkins told Reading fans the sky was green, then you cretins would believe it

Think it's more a case of Nigel says black, you say white. Until you pull your tongue out of Brian's crack, you'll never give NA a fair chance.
Last edited by Tilehurstsouthbank on 19 Aug 2014 10:01, edited 1 time in total.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 19 Aug 2014 09:44

Big Foot
paultheroyal
Big Foot Best m8s with club captain Karacan & also close to the likes of Gunter & Pearce - hey, stranger things have happened

Keep clutching BF

Like I said on the page before m8, I just hope the players keep their professionalism levels as high as possible :wink:

Looks like they did on Saturday against Ipswich. Looked like very good morale in the squad and everyone looked very tight knit.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 19 Aug 2014 09:45

ayjaydee Just listened to Morro on BBCRB and the story he put was a bit different. He said the approach and bid was made to the club after OGS watched him at Wigan. The club confirmed the bid was acceptable and notified the player. He said it came out of the blue and that he was happy here.
Made all the right noises about what RFC have done for him and that he hopes we go up with Cardiff.

Just listened to it again on BBCBerks and he doesn't say the club notified him - I think it was 'I was told' so it could have been his agent still. Also he's never going to say I went for the money is he?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Aug 2014 09:50

How many other players leave and then give an interview a few days later. He didn't have to say anything at all.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Aug 2014 09:57

Royal Lady How many other players leave and then give an interview a few days later. He didn't have to say anything at all.

Alright Ronan Keating.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Morrison has GONE

by SydenhamRoyal » 19 Aug 2014 09:57

The really big question, which noone has yet addressed, is why this is still on the rumours and gossip page.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Aug 2014 09:58

Pepe the Horseman
Royal Lady How many other players leave and then give an interview a few days later. He didn't have to say anything at all.

Alright Ronan Keating.

:lol:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Aug 2014 10:00

It's business, good deal for us, all the best to him, We move on

597 posts